(2) 90+ 'Noble Victories' Scans!; BW4 Darkrai EX, Zoroark, Krookodile, Dark Patch [10/27]

bigpokex said:
Choose a basic Darkness Energy from your discard pile and attach it to one of your Benched Darkness Pokemon

there are your drawbacks.:D

Oh. I'm not sure how I missed that.

Also, why did they even make that silly 30 HP Tynamo? There's no reason to use it what-so-ever. Its common to get a card like that in another set, but this one pairs both together.

Conekldurr from BW3? That was totally out of left field. Many of the new additions will make this set a must buy. I'm gonna buy 3 boxes now!

Furn said:
NV doesn't have an autumn Deerling/Sawsbuck? I'm more disappointed than I thought I would be.

I'm sure they will be released at some point, but yes, I thought that they would be released in this set too, especially cos the seasonal timing would have been awesome ;)

Now with the release of Noble Victories we have 18 of the 114 from PD/HB, which would mean our February set will probably be just those 96 cards, and then the April set will most likely be comprised of ZekromEX/ReshiramEX and Dark Rush.

OMG OMG OMG :D! Darkrai EX!! If that isn't the best artwork ever, I don't know what is. I gotta say, the attack is sort of ehhh, but I'm still gonna get a page of these. T-Tar is going to be a pretty scary deck though, I mean Megaton Tail and Dark Patches is a cool combo.

I see the company splitting Hail Blizzard, Psycho Drive, Dark Rush, and the Reshiram/Zekrom mini set thing into 3 sets which will most likely push back the Darkrai EX to next August and by then the rotation will happen and Tyranitar Prime will be gone along with all the other HGSS sets. CL-On I'm calling it. 4 sets rotated and that gets rid of primes and legends. On a side note that Darkrai EX just gave me a joygazm!

Darkrai's art....

I have no words for thee

Wow, that is just amazing. Zoroark is nice, trainer is also nice.

NV, ehhhh, we knew most of what's in it already anyways :p

Furn said:
NV doesn't have an autumn Deerling/Sawsbuck? I'm more disappointed than I thought I would be.

For real! I've been certain since Emerging Powers that the autumn ones would be in Noble Victories and TPCi just said "LOL NO, here's Sewaddle/Petilil's lines from Psycho Drive/Hail Blizzard instead!"

Other than the few PD/HB cards, some of which were necessary to have the full Reuniclus/Conkeldurr lines, the set's about what I expected it to be. I hope we'll get the BW-P Emolga, Druddigon, Golett, Bisharp and Haxorus promos eventually though.

And do we know anything about Meowth being a secret rare yet?

Darkrai Lv. X still looks better than this EX. Dark Patch is pretty epic from a playability standpoint. Krookodile is okay. Zoroark is pretty great.

And as for NV, looks like we got a couple surprises in there. A couple things I'm hoping for, a Landorus full art (since releasing it in another set would be really odd), and that the reverse holo pattern doesn't change again. I hated the EX days where there was no consistency and it changed every set.

CMP said:
Beautiful cards all around. Aside from the insistance upon 5ban after 5ban, there is some amazing art in the cards this gen.

I've seen a couple people mention this, but the reason they do this is because they want to give the rares/holos a nice 3d artwork instead of the normal flat hand-drawn artwork on all other cards. And also it helps give the holos a nice consistent look, just how with all of the EX/LV X cards it's usually Shizurow or that Ryu guy

Broken Pokemon EX said:
I've seen a couple people mention this, but the reason they do this is because they want to give the rares/holos a nice 3d artwork instead of the normal flat hand-drawn artwork on all other cards. And also it helps give the holos a nice consistent look, just how with all of the EX/LV X cards it's usually Shizurow or that Ryu guy

The 3D art is almost always much worse than the hand-drawn/painted stuff. I wish all cards had the proper art they deserve (except maybe for EX's, primes etc), rather than the bland CGI art. Admittedly, the 3D stuff is much better than BW and EP at any rate in Dark Rush.

I overall agree with why they do it, but yea some of the stuff like the starters and dragons from B&W don't look that great. I actually like how most of the holos have that stock-looking colored background. It makes all of the holos look consistent, but the actual 3d art on the pokemon like I just mentioned could be better.

So I have yet to see anyone mention the Levanny we are lacking the scan of. Can we assume, since the Sewaddle and Swadloon are from HB/PD, that the Levanny is from HB/PD? if so, I have a lot of decks I can build

Seriously PUSA? Why did they put the Leavanny and Lilligant lines instead of Dwebble, Crustle, Tympole & Palpitoad from the Reshiram/Zekrom decks?? Those would go well with the ones already in the set, but no, instead, they decided to give us the 3rd line of Leavanny and Lilligant in a row... These 2 should have been saved for the next set, to give them a break... Now, I can only suppose there will be a Seismitoad line in Dark Rush...

Speaking of that, really like the cards' artwork, and they're not very bad for playing either... But now, I think there will be no Zoroark EX and the EX Pokémon are all legendary pokémon... Dark Patch should also get sp.darks from the discard...

So I find it interesting that the put Gigalith in without a stage one or basic to support him. Also Eelektrik will be creating quite a few new decks I think, yea for more energy acceleration. I foresee Eelektrik/ZekramEX next ark. Also while in the highest competition levels allot of these cards wont see play, there will be allot of interesting new league decks to come out of this set with fliptini, Conkeldurr, Acclegor and I think that is great news for most of the kids who play. Also I think Kyram and Cobalion will mean the return of competitive steel decks.

catutie said:
Lolwut? Retreating...unless your saying you will have 4 switch? Sure...right...

Not sure what you're post is referring to, but he's referring to a combo with Elektrik's ability (essentially typhlosion with lightning energy instead) and Zekrom Ex (discards lightning energy for his attack).

And I always overlooked what this card did but I'm now REALLY intrigued to see if it gets played. Cofagriggus #46 + Reuniclus + Zekrom

Broken Pokemon EX said:
Not sure what you're post is referring to, but he's referring to a combo with Elektrik's ability (essentially typhlosion with lightning energy instead) and Zekrom Ex (discards lightning energy for his attack).

And I always overlooked what this card did but I'm now REALLY intrigued to see if it gets played. Cofagriggus #46 + Reuniclus + Zekrom

....The Zekrom would have to be benched. You can't just attach it to your active one silly

Ah okay, now i see what you're referring to. Honestly though I don't think that's going to affect the card's playability much at all. In ReshiPhlosion you see a lot of people using Afterburner on their benched pokemon already. And if you really want to, just run a couple of free retreat pokemon (cleffa will probably be in the deck anyways, assuming it's not rotated out before Zekrom hits the states)

Back