(2) Dragon-type Symbol Revealed, Raikou EX from 'Dark Rush' [12/9]

Wow, the new symbol looks great! Can't wait to see the cards - I hope the gold holofoil looks awesome.

I'm not sure if I like it yet, however I too am waiting to see the texture :)

I pray to anyone thats listening up above, that there is at least one Dragon card that has next to no text on, so I can get the blanks done :D

That symbol looks very fitting!
I can't wait to see the cards themselves, I'd really love to get a hold of these since I love dragons.

Love it. Looks beautiful...and it's gold, so I may just use that symbol for Redux (third iteration of the Dragon symbol)!

I forsee Raikou/Eelectrik dominating everything. (nothing will be able to survive after 2 turns when it's set up!)

EDIT: Nevermind, I mis-read one as all.

Is anyone else getting more than one box of Dark Rush? O_____O I think I am! The art work for these EX cards is amazing!

So stoked for Dragon Selection. My only concern is that I feel like Electric and Dragon type cards are going to look too similar. We haven't seen the actual card designs yet so this is totally speculation at this point, but I really think they should make the energy symbol a slightly different shade of yellow/gold/orange just so that it's at a glance distinguishable from Electric types.

Raikou is okay. I see him getting paired with eelektrik and doing alright, but I don't see him going Tier 1 or anything

Broken Pokemon EX said:
So stoked for Dragon Selection. Raikou is okay. I see him getting paired with eelektrik and doing alright, but I don't see him going Tier 1 or anything

For now, I agree. 100-80 (Eviolite) damage isn't good enough right now, but being able to snipe the bench is pretty good on a basic, espeically 100 dmg.

I love the Dragon symbol. It is perfectly fitting. However I do think it could be a bit confusing with Electric-types.

*logs in*

Wait, the Dragon-type symbol was released!?

*checks*

AWWW_YEAH_RE_Funny_Pictures_3-s250x196-182807.png

I'll be putting one copy of Raikou into my Eelektrik decks, thank you very much.

HOLY MACARONI!!! That symbol is the color of macaroni! XD I'm so happy that Latias and Latios are in this set. They are some of my favorite Pokemon! With all of the Hoenn Pokemon in there though... they might be getting ready to anounce Ruby and Sapphire remakes soon in Japan! (They could be using the third generation format for game releases instead of the fourth generation format. It went Year 1: New Pokemon + Two games. Year 2: Nothing but spin-off games. Year 3: Remakes from two generations ago. Year 4: Third installment of "New Pokemon games".) The Raikou's art look vicious. As for the Playbility, meh. Something fun for the League when it comes out in the U.S. It may be good with Eelektrik. I'll quote it for everyone: Ability: Dynamotor "Once during your turn (before you attack), you may attach a {L} Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your benched Pokemon." It might work, but the deck may be too slow. Those blisters are pretty cool, I love the art on the playmat that comes with the Red Collection pack!

Puckstopper20 said:
Same here. Maybe more!

Looking at Raikou, the cards in future sets that we know of, and current Eelektrik decks, you shouldn't be running more than two Raikou. I prefer one to fit more room for the Thundurus (of course, I can't predict how the meta will change once we get Raikou, so this isn't a reliable statement).

DeepSleepDarkrai said:
Anyone else think that Raikuo EX and Zapdos (HBPD) make a great combo.

Not really, considering that Zapdos isn't that great. The last attack is too flippy (don't say Fliptini, as the damage output would thus become too luck based and unreliable) and the sniping isn't that good either.

Three words on the Dragon symbol: EPIC. FRIGGING. WIN.

Seriously, I am so psyched out about Dragon Selection that it's pretty much all I talk about it for three days straight after hearing a piece of news. Latios + Latias EX (maybe with abilities that help each other) would be a dream come true, and if they are actually playable...don't even get me started.
I think the set will include all dragon types that have been colorless in the TCG before. For example, I doubt that guys like Dialga and Palkia (although that would be sick too) will be featured in the set,especially since all Dialga and Palkia cards have been metal and water, respectively. That would mean no Reshiram, Zekrom, or Kyurem, but I am totally fine with that (they've been in the spotlight enough already). Anyways, can't wait to see this set!

As for Raikou EX... I love it. Not sure how well it will do, but it has potential and is a lot better then Entei. Can't wait for Dark Rush, either!

The Dragon TCG looks awesome! Dragon is my favorite type, so this is great! I hope there will be a Dragon-type Zekrom in the set, but Haxorus is great too! The first EX with HP different than 180 if I'm not mistaken.

Back