(2) 'EX Battle Boost' leaks, ‘CoroCoro’ unleashes a torrent of new information [7/10]

ashyboy said:
jdivinity said:
I'm bummed Skrelp is on Y only when I'm getting X...

Me 2 cuz im getting Y and I want Clauncher xd
You guys can trade each other.
tumblr_m1gn7df1061rrd376o1_500.gif

ashyboy said:
jdivinity said:
I'm bummed Skrelp is on Y only when I'm getting X...

Me 2 cuz im getting Y and I want Clauncher xd

Hopefully, we can trade right away because I want Clauncher too day one (I'm getting Y also I'm thinking about getting both now. lol)..

Platane? Is that the Japanese name, or is that not the same person as Patrice? I'm still wondering who Sycamore is. o_O

I like everything revealed except for the Cotton Candy Pokemon. It's not bad, but it's one I'll probably never use (unless it evolves into something more interesting to me).

Xerneas as a pure Fairy-type is very interesting. I'm assuming it's going to shutdown most of the dragons (Garchomp, Salamence, Haxorus, Dragonite, and the numerous Legendary Dragons from Gen 4/5) in competitive play.

I'm so excited that Xerneas is fairy type! I think it's really cool honestly. From the beginning something screamed fairy type to me (and many others) and now it's confirmed! :D

I'm super hype for Goronda. I was already pretty excited when I first saw Pancham but seeing that it has an awesome looking evolution has me sold. I'm also liking the cotton candy, although it looks like it wants to eat me more than I'd want to eat it. And uhhh, Shushupu is probably my favorite Japanese Pokemon name revealed this gen. :3

Maika, the Revolution Pokémon. Dark/Psychic type. 0.4m tall, weighs 3.5kg, and has the abilities Contrary or Suction Cup.

Contrary!?

ALL ABOARD THE Stolen TRAIN!!

Squidtepig said:
Maika, the Revolution Pokémon. Dark/Psychic type. 0.4m tall, weighs 3.5kg, and has the abilities Contrary or Suction Cup.

Contrary!?

You just made me realize, for the first time, that a squid Pokemon was probably a horrible, horrible idea...

Zielo said:
Platane? Is that the Japanese name, or is that not the same person as Patrice? I'm still wondering who Sycamore is. o_O

Platane is the Japanese name.

If it's any consolation, it's very close to plane tree, which is from the platanus genus of trees. Guess what name the trees from it are in North America.

Sycamore.

The tree is correct. It's a tree that you will see a lot in France along with Oaks.

I guess I'll be the first to point out that the post says Honedge has a new ability called No Guard?

Lemme borrow this, DNA:
picard-facepalm.jpg

No Guard is already an ability... >_>; Unless this is a translation issue?

Zielo said:
Squidtepig said:

Contrary!?

You just made me realize, for the first time, that a squid Pokemon was probably a horrible, horrible idea...

There's gonna be a LOT of squid jokes flying round soon enough. >_<

Oh I fixed that, I had a moment when I translated it thinking it was a new ability. Until I double checked my ability list and face palmed. But thank you <3

I get points for translating while working on government documents for work though right? :)

That makes me realize though, No Guard actually fits perfectly for Honedge, being a sword without a shield and all... that makes me believe even more that he may have a shield counterpart. :p

You're welcome :3 Didn't mean to be an arse ;3

Malimar looks a little iffy, tbh he looks like an evil bird from a Disney movie or something, but it fits his flavor. Who knows, I could completely Turn Over my opinion.

Gotta love that Derpcloud. I like it, in some way. More animal looking than Vanillite so I don't think it will get as much hate. It's ability is like a sugar rush haha. Maybe that will be its adapted English name :3

More points for Pokebeach's source. Can't wait to see Espurr and Meowstick in the coming months :p

Malimar has officially become my new favourite Gen VI Pokemon.

Was really hoping both Yveltal and Xerneas were fairy type, but alas, was not to be.

Love the cotton candy guy. He looks like he could be a real animal that just happens to look like Cotton Candy, where Vanilluxe's line just look like Ice Cream that came to life.

All these guys totally make up for my disappointment with Honedge. Can't wait for confirmed english names.

viper.fox said:
I get points for translating while working on government documents for work though right? :)
Yes, yes you do. It's actually kind of impressive that even when you or WPM are busy that the news still goes up within good time. At first I was wondering why translations were slow here because I saw them on another site, but I have to remember people have outside lives. Your work is greatly appreciated. ^.^

That's uhh, probably a little off topic, so what can I say... I'm happy seeing the legendary Pokemon's typings revealed, they're not too surprising though. I'm very satisfied with that's been shown thus far. Getting more excited for the release as the days go by and the more information we receive.

Hmm...looks like Japan will be getting figures for their pre-order bonuses. I wonder if the rest of the world will get the same treatment.

Back