(2) 'EX Battle Boost' leaks, ‘CoroCoro’ unleashes a torrent of new information [7/10]

CorinthiansRose said:
Hmm...looks like Japan will be getting figures for their pre-order bonuses. I wonder if the rest of the world will get the same treatment.

I hope so too! I was planning on getting the digital copy from the eShop but if they have these then I'll preorder instead.

I love the new Pokemon :D There is only one thing I don't like, and that is the fact that Goronda has black-only eyes which I personally find a bit creepy..

Is it just me or pancham's evolution reminds you of metal gear's Big boss too? give it a cigar, an eyepatch and a rifle and you are done. awesome.

Inkay is pretty cute, but malimar looks like a very evil parrot.

I dunno about the pink birdie, but its beak is definitely inspired by the masks of medieval doctors.

I think dr. octopus junior here is an electric type gym leader, with helioptile in his team.
The other guy looks like he has gemstones in his hair, and a scaling harness, plus his hair looks like a mountain, maybe that's linked to sableye and the rock type?

Disappointed that Skrelp is on Y... Now I'm not sure which game to get. Hmm... Also I was hoping they wouldn't split them because water routes need more variety in their pokemon.
Also can we not with the food based pokemon? Although this cotton candy thing is better than ice cream. $20 says the larger "rival" has it on his team.
Pure fairy was slightly unexpected for Xerneas, but I like it. Dude's going to be a dragon slayer.
Pleased with everything else. Maika is adorable.

Steel and Dark type gym leaders maybe?

Below that it says something about a Pokemon game show on 8/17 and 8/18 for a playable demo? Why cant they just release a worldwide demo so everyone can enjoy it at the same time as everyone else? :<

Spammy said:
Gotta love that Derpcloud. I like it, in some way. More animal looking than Vanillite so I don't think it will get as much hate. It's ability is like a sugar rush haha. Maybe that will be its adapted English name :3

Yeah, I don't see it getting as much hate as Vanillite, either. I didn't even know it was a Cotton Candy thing until I saw the species name (but it makes you facepalm yourself if you didnt guess it already, like me.) I thought it looked more like a fluffy cloud puppy thingy on the first impression.

Also, I really like the nerdy looking gym leader for some reason. I don't know, I just like his design. Electric and Steel are the first things I can think of for a type for this guy...

Also, I am perfectly content that Puffball and Clauncher are on X, that is exactly what I want. :) Dont care for Skrelp and I dislike the girly angrybird. xD

Dark/Psychic squids seemed weird when I imagined them, however, these are great!

Weird, but cute, Fairies, and an angrier bear then we had before. I'm in for this game.

I'm also glad the villainous team is Team Rocket-esque, with the goal to get rich, just like Team Rocket wanted power. A team that doesn't mess about with the legendaries.

Another thing I like is how the 3D battles allow for dramatic changes in appearance of the Pokémon; Honedge unsheating itself, and Maike turning upside-down. I wonder, would Karamanero also be able to switch upside-down?

Love the squids, and sad at Skrelp being a Y exclusive, but all the more reason for my to convince my partner to get Y when I get X right away so we can trade. :D Thanks for much for your work in getting these up, viper.fox.

Also, Team Flair totally looks like a more colourful version of the agents from the Matrix trilogy.

Also also.... ohman, that gold Zekrom card. Do want. And RHs in XBB too! I wish I could order more boxes...

Goronda is sooo cool!! he has a look like saying "Come here you little @#@#$@$$%^ and have a taste of my iron fist ability"
Love it!!

the squids are just perfect. malimar(?) seems to know hypnosis (unless it's a new move). also inkay(?) seems to turn upside down during battle (upper left pic with fletchling). maybe it's its while-idle-moving thing.

the bird is a little intriguing but I'll wait for an evolution. healer + mask/nose + aromas = plague doctor (and maybe a little flamingo in there).

the professor plantane! the sycamore word has an overlapping meaning with the word Platane. plus, here in greece we have a lot lot lot lot of platanes/sycamores. we call them "πλάτανος" platanos (male-word) or "πλατάνι" platani (gender-neutral). Which makes me very very happy :-D

last but not least, why are they showing the starters again? trying to make us not forget about them since they're the main attraction or is there something really new we need to know?

steffenka said:
I love the new Pokemon :D There is only one thing I don't like, and that is the fact that Goronda has black-only eyes which I personally find a bit creepy..

Creepiness would make sense for a part Dark-type Pokemon. :)

Full art Shadow Triad :O also the artwork is beautiful
I think EBB may just be my first Japanese box (I won't be buying English cards since they're so expensive here and pull rates aren't as good), I hope amiami doesn't run out of stock too soon.

Zakuro is clearly a rock climber (harness, chalk bag, body positioning) so my estimate is Rock-type, especially with the gems in his mountain-shaped hair. Based on Shitoron's color scheme, robotic arms, and the solar power collecting armature thing that he's sporting, I think it's safe to say that he's Electric with Helioptile on his team.

I LOOOOOVVVVVEEE the cotton candy fairy-mon. It's so kooky and clearly has an insane sugar rush. The perfume Pokemon is nice, Pangoro is one tough BA, and the squids are super creative, though a bit off-putting to me right now. I love that Honedge has No Guard (makes perfect sense) and Turn Over sounds like a really neat move (though a bit dumb if you're using Contrary).

OK so here are my impressions:
Pangoro-best pokemon period. The only thing that bugs me is that he doesn't have some sort of pupils but I can over look that also doesn't he resemble Roserade a lot? Belly design looks a lot like Roserade's lower face and the cape is familiar. Bottom line he is epic A+++
Inkay-really cute! A
Malimar- at first I was like meh and didn't quite like his feet but when I realised he is a squid I fell in love with him A+

The other 2 are cute nothing else to say at this point. Let's just hope they get cool evolutions.

Last but not least the legendary typing is a little disappointing because i wanted them to be balanced i like that Xerneas is fairy nut i also wanted him to be steel so that Yveltal could be fire dark to counter. Even so pure fairy is cool too just Yveltal is quite idk I wanted something better. However I do love the sound of death wing. ^^

One more thing off topic why didn't they reveal Mewtwo's second form ? Could this mean it will not debut in this movie?

Oh wow, I originally misinterpreted Reverse/Turn Over. I thought it affected the user's stats. It's pretty much god-tier. I mean really though. That's insane.

ashyboy said:
One more thing off topic why didn't they reveal Mewtwo's second form ? Could this mean it will not debut in this movie?

my guess is that if it does infact have a second alternate form, then it will be something revealed in the movie and probably important to the movies climax/resolution, so im guessing they won't reveal it until after the movie has been released so as to not spoil the film

EDIT: I realized Malimar kinda looks like an evil witch/wizard. totally fits the typing, love it

"Peroppafu is based on cotton candy, known as fairy floss in Australia, which may be the inspiration for its type."
Wow you learn something new everyday

Ok let's see what rumours were confirmed today

1 Inkay and Malimar - pretty much means the psychic cars aren't too far ahead.
2 Draining kiss-hell yea 100 % dmg healing
3 Pangoro fighting and dark
4 New evolution methods are mentioned for Inkay and Pancham - exacly as we were told.

Also the new team looks interesting to say the least and hopefully they will be a bit more challenging and the leaders look electric and or sreel and the second dark or maybe fighting since it says: "Zakuro is said to be good at sports".

I think that pretty much raps up this month's scans

Squidtepig said:
Maika, the Revolution Pokémon. Dark/Psychic type. 0.4m tall, weighs 3.5kg, and has the abilities Contrary or Suction Cup.

Contrary!?

ALL ABOARD THE broken TRAIN!!

inb4itgetsadarkversionofoverheat

but ohmygodmalimarissobeautifuliwantitnow

that aside, I love these new Pokemon, Pangoro looks great, I love the cotton candy mon, and there's none that I actively dislike (which is nice, I remember bitching about several different 5th gen mons when they were first revealed, particularly Pignite/Emboar)

edit: I was originally unsure of which version to get but I will probably get X because Clauncher and cotton candy puff mon

All the new Pokémon revealed here are pretty darn awesome.
Although I was getting X anyways, I believe the exclusives would make me reconsider.

Back