(2) Genesect Trailer, Gotta Catch Em All [9/9]

"They're doing it again, DNA! The trailers for the next movie are out and they're pronouncing it Je-ne-sect!"
said my friend at league on Saturday.

...as if "Ark-ee-us" wasn't enough.

Edit: The movie title has "the Legend Awakened" in it.
That sounds similar to the set "Legends Awakened".
And Mewtwo LV.X was in that set...which means...

MEWTWO REMAKES CONFIRMED
...wait a sec...

DNA said:
"They're doing it again, DNA! The trailers for the next movie are out and they're pronouncing it Je-ne-sect!"
said my friend at league on Saturday.

...as if "Ark-ee-us" wasn't enough.

Wouldn't that kind of make more sense though as an English pronunciation? It sounds like "genesis", after all...

I can't really fathom why they'd want to bring back the terrible slogan and PokeRap though. Maybe it's what the dub version of Origins is going to be called? God, wouldn't that suck .-.

DNA said:
Edit: The movie title has "the Legend Awakened" in it.
That sounds similar to the set "Legends Awakened".
And Mewtwo LV.X was in that set...which means...

MEWTWO REMAKES CONFIRMED
...wait a sec...
Oh wow xD

Anyways I'm actually kinda excited for this movie, I can't wait for it to come on TV :3

So the Genesect Movie just set a new record as having the shortest gap between Japanese and American releases! 3 months!

DNA said:
Je-ne-sect!

but that is how its pronounced, are you telling me people have been going around pronouncing it like its spelt like a noob? like Gengar instead of Generation or Genesis?

In English it was always Genesect like a "j." As in generation / genetic / gene + insect.

That's always how I pronounced its name. Like genesis.

I'm excited to see this movie. I can already tell it'll be way better than the Keldeo movie was.

DNA said:
Echo please

ゲノセクト

yes that's how you pronounce it with Japanese accent, but in reality they named him in english, and because there is really no actual character that makes the "je" sound, "ge" is obviously the next best thing. they say "ge" but they mean "je", its only natural. either way its fine for japanese people because that's the language barrier, but there is no excuse for native english speakers.

Did anyone else notice this in the Pokemon Misap trailer?
2wpv8fb.png

ECHOxLegend said:
yes that's how you pronounce it with Japanese accent, but in reality they named him in english, and because there is really no actual character that makes the "je" sound, "ge" is obviously the next best thing. they say "ge" but they mean "je", its only natural. either way its fine for japanese people because that's the language barrier, but there is no excuse for native english speakers.
Technically there is a "je" (ジェ), though that would push the name to having 6 characters. I personally do think the pronunciation of "Je-ne-sect" makes more sense, but after seeing what NoA did to Ferrothorn I see no need to always follow what they say, especially if it's a transliteration from the Japanese anyway.

Plus, it annoys/frustrates certain people and it's fun to watch. (Not you. Other people I've met.)

Maannn, we didn't get to hear Mewtwos dub voice. Thats the main thing eating at me. I want to know if it's a female in English too.

Well I'm definitely going to have to catch it on CN. I hope I can get another reminder later on in a few days advance so I don't forget.
I'm also excited for the XY preview trailer- even though it will likely be just a dub version of the one we already have, I love hearing the voices. Cant wait to see what Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie sound like. :p

Something about Genesect being from 300 million years ago and it looking like it is technological and made of metal doesn't add up to me.

Cool, a dub for a mediocre movie and the accidental revelation of what will likely be a mediocre website.
What a good day for news right before Corocoro leaks.

...and did nobody see that the XY episodes will air just ONE WEEK after they air in Japan? Nobody noticed that, really?

And people said the anime couldn't be synced up. This just proved that, even if it won't happen, it's POSSIBLE.

EDIT: just checked, it's actually TWO DAYS, not a full week.

Back