(2) New Arceus CoroCoro Image, Redshark Mac Release and Updates [2/10]

Well guys, it looks like the new Pokemon game is not a GS remake. I heard on Bulbapedia that PMD3 has been confirmed by CoroCoro for a release of April 18th.

Looks like PMD3 is the "Pokemon Game".

Blue Thunder said:
Well guys, it looks like the new Pokemon game is not a GS remake. I heard on Bulbapedia that PMD3 has been confirmed by CoroCoro for a release of April 18th.

We wouldn't really expect a G/S Remake THAT early.

Blue Thunder said:

PMD3 has been confirmed since early January. >_> It simply wasn't posted on PokéBeach's front page.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mystery_Dungeon_3_details_trickle_out

Images from the Coro Coro issue that spoke about the game can be viewed here:

http://www.filb.de/960

I was more of refering to the fact that a date has been confirmed, not to the fact that we'll be getting a PMD3. Also, game box art and some more details have also been revealed on the game.

Still, I'd say odds are quite low that the game in the news story isn't PMD3.

Blue Thunder said:
I was more of refering to the fact that a date has been confirmed, not to the fact that we'll be getting a PMD3. Also, game box art and some more details have also been revealed on the game.

Still, I'd say odds are quite low that the game in the news story isn't PMD3.

That aside there is solid proof that the 2nd gen starters (and Heatran) are in the 12th movie, I doubt Ash will go to Johto and get another lot of starters because he would be doing what he did before. I believe it will be a flying visit like what happened with the Kanto Battle Frontier.

The way I see it, since a new Pokemon game comes out every two years (I think), I think we would have to wait for the GS remakes until 2011.

I am however iffy about the timespan between RS, FRLG, and E. If I'm not mistaken, the time between each of those games was one year, so maybe GS remake in 2010?

Actually, I think we could be seeing one as early as Fall of 2009. I explained why this would be in one of my more recent posts. I'll quote it when I find it.

Blue Thunder said:
As I have said in two other places, the new Pokemon game is just PMD3: Explorers of the Sky. Sadly, it is not a GS remake.

However, do not let this information trick you into thinking it will not happen. Notice how movie information is just now surfacing. If Nintendo is playing the strategy game like the have in the past, they will bring GSC characters back into popularity before the make a GS remake, to maximize profits.

Further proof of the above? Look at last year and Giratina. They revealed Giratina's role in Movie 11 in December 2007, and then revealed a new form of Giratina in February. In May, it was announced that Giratina would be the lead of a new Pokemon game. However, notice that the movie came out in July, and Platinum came out in September.

Based on all of the evidence we have to date, I expect to here news of a GS remake by Summer 2009.

Blue Thunder said:
Nope, I mean 2009. They wouldn't wait that long after the movie is released to release the game. It would defeat the purpose of putting the Johto starters in.

I agree with Weavile on the date of when the games will be released.

I actually don't expect a G/S remake (if any) until 2010 when this movie comes to the U.S. Just a IMO.

dmaster out.

I agree with dmaster, although I have a feeling it will be this summer for Japan.

On a side note, when will the site be back up and running?

Yes, the 2009 date was refering to Japan. A Spring/Summer 2010 date seems quite likely for a potential GS remake, assuming my theory is correct.

Your theory seems very well backed by past happenings, and many people had theories of Platinum in the timeline that came true.
So then, it is more than likely that you have a correct theory.

I'm going to take a weird shot but...

I forgot when was Blue Red made(1994?)but I know Fire Red/Leaf Green was made in 2004, maybe 10 year difference? so it could be 2010 if Gold/Silver was made in 2000.

Regarding the Johto starters in the 12th movie, I think it may be more a sign of the rumored G/S remake than anything regarding Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. As far as I know, Explorers of the Sky looks to be the Platinum of the PMD series.

DaUmbreonMaster said:
I'm going to take a weird shot but...

I forgot when was Blue Red made(1994?)but I know Fire Red/Leaf Green was made in 2004, maybe 10 year difference? so it could be 2010 if Gold/Silver was made in 2000.

Actually, Red and Blue came out in 1996 in Japan. The remake followed in 2004. Gold and Silver came in 1999. Based on this pattern, we were supposed to get the remake in 2007.

So that theory has been proven false as time has gone along.

RunningWithScizors said:
Regarding the Johto starters in the 12th movie, I think it may be more a sign of the rumored G/S remake than anything regarding Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. As far as I know, Explorers of the Sky looks to be the Platinum of the PMD series.

The only reason I even brought up PMD3 was because that was the "Pokemon game" that Corocoro refered to. I will agree, however, that the starters apperaing in Movie 12 are a big hint of a GS remake.

arcus_01.jpg

Just thought I'd post this in both Arceus threads, I believe this to be it's official art. The art from the movie site is excellent as well, and seems more alike the D/P Sprites than the Platinum one.

uuuuuuum for some reason i cant seen to find red shark 3.02 some 1 help! PLZ

This unfortunate wreck is a screenshot of what happened when I tried to download Redshark for my Mac.

15p4w48.jpg

What is this? Is it my web browser? My version of Mac OS X? No download takes place. All I get is this endlessly growing garble of words that crash the server, and make me Force Quit it.

I'd really like to download this game, since I usually have no one to play the game with in real life, and it would be cool if I could practice and play on my Mac. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Back