(2) New Set of X/Y Rumors, Xerneas/Yveltal Half Decks [9/23]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohman177 said:
Ganman3 said:
I'm now 100% sure this is fake, and you can tell from the starter evolution art.

The second evolutions of starters never look this similar to the first evolutions. It looks like you've taken the second forms of the starters and made them mega.

Also, I'm pretty sure GameFreak said there would be no major announcements like what we've gotten before the release of X and Y. We are getting information on a new evolution of something (watch it be Mewthree because my dad works at Gamefreak... that's a joke by the way) tomorrow on the Pokemon Facebook page, but otherwise, I think it's probably safe to say that there will be no more major updates.

Ivysaur would like to have a word with you. So would Quilava, Servine, and Croconaw.

And Pignite. Also Bayleaf and Infernape.

Ohman177 said:
Ganman3 said:
I'm now 100% sure this is fake, and you can tell from the starter evolution art.

The second evolutions of starters never look this similar to the first evolutions. It looks like you've taken the second forms of the starters and made them mega.

Also, I'm pretty sure GameFreak said there would be no major announcements like what we've gotten before the release of X and Y. We are getting information on a new evolution of something (watch it be Mewthree because my dad works at Gamefreak... that's a joke by the way) tomorrow on the Pokemon Facebook page, but otherwise, I think it's probably safe to say that there will be no more major updates.

Ivysaur would like to have a word with you. So would Quilava, Servine, and Croconaw.

False. There are drastic changes in the artwork for all of those forms. Ivysaur's eyes close and its flower blooms completely. Quilava's eyes also glare in its final evolution, and it becomes bipedal. Typhlosion looks completely different, by the way, though there is a strong resemblance. And I'm sorry, but there are drastic changes in art between Serperior and Servine; for one thing, Servine is much, much more closely related to a serpent, having lost its legs. It gains a floral design. The other markings on it vary greatly.

With these two, you've just slapped on a detail or two and called it good.

Ganman3 said:

I'm not saying I believe these pics but that's not a good reason to disclaim those pics!

Ivysaur - Venusaur
Every Generation 2 starter
Marshtomp - Swampert
Pignite - Emboar

It's very possible for the final stage to look very similar to the first starter evolution!

Is the guy at http://pokemonxyreview.weebly.com/ legit or a fake?

I know he said some of his info was deliberately fake but do you think he actually has the games or did he just photoshop the pics of the box art?

Blob55 said:
signofzeta said:
No no no, I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about that blob whatever guy who claims that spiders are insects because apparently, to him, all arthropods are insects, which in that case, he is Wrongy Wrongerson. I didn't particularly quote the guy, because I think there may be other who share the same views as that guy.

Anyway, I could have replied that claim with a Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, but I didn't, well because I just thought of a response like that just now, and it is too late for me to use it. Or perhaps a facepalm.

Here's the deal, if it doesn't have 6 legs, then it isn't an insect.

If it is an arthropod, and the only person living in western countries who eats these subgroup of arthropods for a living is Bear Grylls, then it is a bug. So lobsters, crabs, those are bugs. I also don't consider snails as bugs. If you want to consider them as bugs, well not specifically you, just the general populace, then it is tough to classify bugs into a category, because snails aren't arthropods.

To me bug is a term that describes something that damages through infestation, be it insects, arachnids, worms, bacteria, viruses, or computer viruses.

AAARRRG!!! ALL SPIDERS ARE INSECTOIDS, NOT BUGS.
YOU HAVE IT BACKWARDS! See, we can use caps too.
In·sect
ˈinˌsekt/
noun
noun: insect; plural noun: insects
1. a small arthropod animal that has six legs and generally one or two pairs of wings.

bug
noun
Definition of BUG
a : an insect or other creeping or crawling invertebrate (as a spider or centipede)

I'm so sick of reading you being wrong about this. Stop. You are wrong.

jstar21 said:
Ganman3 said:

I'm not saying I believe these pics but that's not a good reason to disclaim those pics!

Ivysaur - Venusaur
Marshtomp - Swampert
Pignite - Emboar

It's very possible for the final stage to look very similar to the first starter evolution!

Well, I'm not just saying they look very similar, as there's always some resemblance. I'm saying they look nearly identical. There's no facial variance between either of the two rumored final forms and their second evolutions. The body shape is also identical. With every starter, you see some change in the face and also some variation in the physical structure of the Pokemon. Generally, they become visibly larger, more muscular, or bipedal, at least in cases where there's not total variation.

So yeah. That dude is kinda going nuts with the info now. He's throwing it up, taking it down, putting it back up again (with some info changed), and it wouldn't surprise me if he takes it down again soon.

For example, he originally said that a new pokeball that works well on Steel types was called the Ironball, but now he say's it's called the Metaball. He also changed that bit about Tropius' mega having more coconuts with bananas (as it should be), as well as something about Skrelp and Clauncher evolving the same way as Karrablast and Shelmet.

Right now, I'm willing to believe that the information originally sent to Pokebeach is from someone else, and this person is just pretending to be them in the hopes of getting attention. This 'leaker' is just acting silly now.

ls2013 said:
Is the guy at http://pokemonxyreview.weebly.com/ legit or a fake?

I know he said some of his info was deliberately fake but do you think he actually has the games or did he just photoshop the pics of the box art?

Is fake. He has changed the information of the web like 5 times in the last hour... Now, he copy and pasted the same than other page, I say it in a last post

I have been a Pokemon fan since I was about 13 years old (99), but have never paid that much attention to leaks and rumors. Were there any leaks like this in previous generations that looked realistic, that turned out to be real (or fake)? Any examples I can see?

jstar21 said:
Ganman3 said:

Ivysaur - Venusaur
Marshtomp - Swampert
Pignite - Emboar

I've covered Ivysaur. The Gen II starters all change in body structure, and their faces generally look more hardy and meaner. Marshtomp, again, fits the above qualities, in addition to its becoming quadrepedal, and so does Pignite. It's never just a matter of slapping on a detail or two. There are always two very different features, at least, even if the Pokemon strongly resembles its previous form.

bogaboy said:
I have been a Pokemon fan since I was about 6 years old (93), but have never paid that much attention to leaks and rumors. Were there any leaks like this in previous generations that looked realistic, that turned out to be real (or fake)? Any examples I can see?

This happens with every new generation.
A notable example is this fake Shaymin Sky Forme that had most people fooled for a short time.
People don't seem to realize just how good some have gotten at the Sugimori style. Or making boxes, for that matter d: It's not like the official things are made by transcendent perfect beings. They're made by people. Professionals, of course, but still people. So any random schmoe could create their own if they had the time/skills/motivation to do so.

bogaboy said:
I have been a Pokemon fan since I was about 6 years old (93), but have never paid that much attention to leaks and rumors. Were there any leaks like this in previous generations that looked realistic, that turned out to be real (or fake)? Any examples I can see?

Oh honey. All. The. Time.

This is not a new phenomenon. People make entire fake CoroCoro scans just to get attention.

If the leaker is legit, do you think they is saving the Quilladin evo for last because it's the one people are most anxious about to see if Quilladin has a turn around?

Kitana Coldfire said:
bogaboy said:

This is not a new phenomenon. People make entire fake CoroCoro scans just to get attention.

Reminded me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD2RC1Lw6tQ

But yes, I am aware, and have already seen fake CoroCoro's for X and Y. But nothing that seemed even remotely real. Was there any that were widely believed?

Ganman3 said:
Ohman177 said:

False. There are drastic changes in the artwork for all of those forms. Ivysaur's eyes close and its flower blooms completely. Quilava's eyes also glare in its final evolution, and it becomes bipedal. Typhlosion looks completely different, by the way, though there is a strong resemblance. And I'm sorry, but there are drastic changes in art between Serperior and Servine; for one thing, Servine is much, much more closely related to a serpent, having lost its legs. It gains a floral design. The other markings on it vary greatly.

Typhlosion IS NOT bipedal. And a flower blooming is Ivysaur's only real change and that's only one. The rumored images shown have at least one real change as well. Servine was more of a stretch but all they did was take off some limbs and make it longer.

Gallade said:
If the leaker is legit, do you think they is saving the Quilladin evo for last because it's the one people are most anxious about to see if Quilladin has a turn around?

That's a pretty major "if". Not only do I doubt the artwork, I'd question how anybody would obtain any of this information at this point, since Nintendo's not revealing anything. They have one minor announcement slated for tomorrow.

The whole thing just looks wrong, and I wouldn't put any stock in it. You can do what you want, of course, but if those are the final forms, then I'm Hugh Grant.

bogaboy said:
Kitana Coldfire said:

But yes, I am aware, and have already seen fake CoroCoro's for X and Y. But nothing that seemed even remotely real. Was there any that were widely believed?
There was this one time before the starters in Gen IV, i think, that a dark/psychic/fighting trio was revealed. They were a kangaroo, a gryphon, and something else. They were pretty convincing IIRC. And last gen, the starter evos leaked and no one believed it. They were even confirmed fake for a brief moment.

bogaboy said:
Kitana Coldfire said:

I seem to remember a CoroCoro page featuring a fake Basculin that got a bit of ground.... OH! and some excellent supposed evolutions for Delibird and Farfetch'd. But there were so many, it's hard to keep track of them all. Some are very well made, and only the terrible Japanese gives them away.

It's alittle different this time, since simultaneous release and all.

Ohman177 said:
Ganman3 said:

Typhlosion IS NOT bipedal. And a flower blooming is Ivysaur's only real change and that's only one. The rumored images shown have at least one real change as well. Servine was more of a stretch but all they did was take off some limbs and make it longer.

Actually, yes. Typhlosion is bipedal. If you can find a legit image where Typhlosion isn't standing on two legs, then I'll give this one to you.

And you're really simplifying this. To take it further, Venusaur has markings on its face that Ivysaur did not. Its eyes are further closed and different. There are huge variations to the flower on its back. Venusaur is a lot more bulky. And again, there are changes to the design and to the face of Servine.

I don't know why you're getting so upset about this. But my problem is simply that the base design hasn't changed any. It's never a matter of slapping on a few details, but neither the bodies of these Pokemon nor the faces look any different, and that's a big indicator for me. Final evolutions generally look meaner, stronger, and/or larger. Although the other evolutions look similar, you don't just give one of your Pokemon a paint brush/accessory and add a bit of purple. There's always a change to the base design that significantly distinguishes it.

EDIT: So, it's pretty much been confirmed that this guy is a fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back