(2) New Set of X/Y Rumors, Xerneas/Yveltal Half Decks [9/23]

Status
Not open for further replies.
DNA said:
...Please don't completely ignore what I said with your own tangents. I don't like it when people do that.

If you really want some more examples:
Wurmple isn't a worm
Venonat is too big to be a gnat
Politoed isn't a toad
Spiders aren't insects, yet they are classified as Bug-type
Calling Samurott an otter is a gigantic stretch
Ducklett is the Ugly Duckling

You get the idea.
You are splitting hairs over something that you don't even need to split hairs over.

you're treating pokemon as if they are actual animals instead of them being BASED off of actual animals... they are fictional animals that use real animals as a reference.. wurmple IS based off of a worm, Venonat IS based off of a flying insect, particulary insects with compound eyes, that is one of the main themes surrounding venonat....

palitoed is based off of a frog, again a frog and a toad have minor physical differences, it's not the same as comparing a porcupine to a hedgehog

the term BUG refers to any arthropod animals that aren't sea dwellers, so the term is correct when it comes to spider pokemon...

fr samurott, like the others the pokemon is BASED off of the animal that its name implies.. does not mean it is an actual otter.. though that much should be obvious considering this is a fictional world with fictional animals

Noxi said:
DNA said:
...Please don't completely ignore what I said with your own tangents. I don't like it when people do that.

Wurmple isn't a worm
Politoed isn't a toad

You get the idea.
You are splitting hairs over something that you don't even need to split hairs over.

you're treating pokemon as if they are actual animals instead of them being BASED off of actual animals... they are fictional animals that use real animals as a reference.. wurmple IS based off of a worm, Venonat IS based off of a flying insect, particulary insects with compound eyes, that is one of the main themes surrounding venonat....

palitoed is based off of a frog, again a frog and a toad have minor physical differences, it's not the same as comparing a porcupine to a hedgehog

the term BUG refers to any arthropod animals that aren't sea dwellers, so the term is correct when it comes to spider pokemon...

fr samurott, like the others the pokemon is BASED off of the animal that its name implies.. does not mean it is an actual otter.. though that much should be obvious considering this is a fictional world with fictional animals

Actually, Spiders are insects, not bugs.

My favorite rumors include the Normal/Poison porcupine, the Ghost spider, and Helioptile's evolution. All sound like interesting designs.

TheRoyalXerneas said:
DarthMewtwo said:
I don't think they'd ever call a move Fairy Dust, simply because of the drug connotations.

And the move Acid doesn't?

Last time I used it, it didn't send the opponent's pokemon tripping.

Zielo said:
DNA said:
I think Linoone is either a ferret or a stoat.

Either way, ferrets, stoats, weasels AND badgers, are all members of the same family; Mustelidae (sp?)
So I'm pretty sure we can all agree that Linoone is definitely a mustelidaian... :p

Mustelid, honey, mustelid.

I don't care fo most of this news (it was about time) except for fairy dust (mismagius mismagius mismagius, c'mon, gamefreak, you know you want to...) and helioptile's evo, it's bipedal, good, good, still has ears. bad, bad. I guess it didn't became a dilophosaurus or a spinosaurus after all...

Blob55 said:
Noxi said:

No they aren't. Bugs refer to Arthopods, specifically land dwelling ones that we see as pests or "creepy crawlers". This includes crustaceans: pill bugs, (though shrimp, crabs and lobsters are here, but they aren't land dwelling), Hexapods(these are insects): which includes flies, butterflies, ants, bees, etc, Myriapods: centipedes and millipedes, and chelicerata: this includes arachnids( which are spiders and scorpions) and another class that includes horseshoe crabs.. you should have known that arachnids and insects aren't the same thing in basic biology class.

Blob55 said:
Noxi said:

They're arachnids, and rabbits are rodents.

I was weirded out by the Quilladin/Quillom thing for about two seconds until I remembered how awesome and adorable spined mammals are. If they wanted to throw in another ten or twenty hedgehog/porcupine/echidna pokemon for good measure, well I say BRING EM ON

The Bunnelby evolution would be less weird if it was a Normal/Ground type to begin with. I can't understand why they'd make something with shovels for ears that burrows underground and not make it a Ground type.

Also can't understand why people are questioning the newsworthiness. Do they know what a fixture Pokebeach has become for dependable and investigative pokemon news? When someone sends WPM info that is compelling enough to post, it becomes news. I'm disappointed to learn there won't be any more updates until the release... I'll have to use another site for awhile to get my impatient spoiler fix :p

Why the rumors don't leak some ice type . I'm dying to know some ice type pokemon . Especially the blizzard wolf .

I think the thing I like the most out of these rumors, besides the spider pokemon, is that you can rotate Xerneas or Yveltal on the title screen, I think that's really cool

Blob55 said:
I'd like to note that you can't naturally find Hedgehogs in the wild in the US, but you can find Porcupines.

Zielo said:
I'll be excited to see a porcupine, badger, and boar Pokemon. We need more animals we've never had.

I just said we already have a Badger.
Also, Emboar.

You can find Hedgehogs in the UK and Europe (though some countries won't have as many). My partner's parents find them under their shed (well, the dog does and ends up with a spike in his paw... lol) but I love Hedgehogs, they're awesome when you see one.

you're treating pokemon as if they are actual animals instead of them being BASED off of actual animals...
No, I'm pretty sure that was you. You were the one insisting that Chespin was based off a porcupine and not a hedgehog. I was merely pointing out your argument didn't fully hold water. That's all.
(Wurmple is based off a caterpillar, not a worm, fyi. I would, at the very least, like to point that out.)

Not only is that statement completely false, but the term "bug" properly applies to only a single order of insects.

Pokemon are monsters though, so no point in comparing them to animals really.

Anyhow, I'm happy Froakie's final-evo isn't going to be some big bulky toad, and more so a stealthy, kick-ass froggy.

Some of this conversation is making me laugh. It's as bad as people complaining about how small Joltik is or saying he's not a spider, when the fact is that he's based on one of many types of Mite, which is actually part of the Arachnid family.
DNA said:

Wurmple isn't a worm
Politoed isn't a toad

You get the idea.
You realize nobody was talking about names... You can only really go by the Japanese names. The US tends to just base it on what it looks like and what sounds like a cool name to them. It's the same as how Samurai get given Ninja clothing in any western produced show about them - it's all the same to them, even if it genuinely insults peoples' intelligence or the Japanese lol.

DNA said:
you're treating pokemon as if they are actual animals instead of them being BASED off of actual animals...
No, I'm pretty sure that was you. You were the one insisting that Chespin was based off a porcupine and not a hedgehog. I was merely pointing out your argument didn't fully hold water. That's all.
(Wurmple is based off a caterpillar, not a worm, fyi. I would, at the very least, like to point that out.)

Not only is that statement completely false, but the term "bug" properly applies to only a single order of insects.

Bug specifically and informally refers to ARTHOPODS

Blob55 said:

Uhhh actually no... Spiders are arachnids, not insects... Insects have 6 legs, Arachnids have 8

garbodorable said:
The Bunnelby evolution would be less weird if it was a Normal/Ground type to begin with. I can't understand why they'd make something with shovels for ears that burrows underground and not make it a Ground type.

It becomes a ground type... GROUND/Dark.

garbodorable said:

It becomes a ground type... GROUND/Dark.

Rangermon said:
Some of this conversation is making me laugh. It's as bad as people complaining about how small Joltik is or saying he's not a spider, when the fact is that he's based on one of many types of Mite, which is actually part of the Arachnid family.
DNA said:

Wurmple isn't a worm
Politoed isn't a toad

You get the idea.
You realize nobody was talking about names... You can only really go by the Japanese names. The US tends to just base it on what it looks like and what sounds like a cool name to them. It's the same as how Samurai get given Ninja clothing in any western produced show about them - it's all the same to them, even if it genuinely insults peoples' intelligence or the Japanese lol.

Maybe this is why I don't happen to be proud to call myself a U.S. citizen born and raised. Especially since I'm of mixed nationalities and all these ignorant things like how a lot of Americans think other countries have to speak English when we come there, but have to learn English when they come here.

Anyway, I like the sound of Quillom! For some reason, I feel like it's gonna be around 3 feet and not evolve.. Maybe be like the new Dunsparce/Chansey/Audino of this generation (normal-type giving lots of EXP while being rare, unlike Audino)
When I picture Apparachnid, I picture a creepy Joltik with ghostly waves coming from it's shoulders and hips.. I wanna see how it looks! I hope it evolves into a giant creepy tarantula or something! (This coming from an arachnophobic lol)
I want another badger pokemon! I think there's not enough pokemon like wolverines or badgers! I mean, there's Typhlosion and... I think that's it..
I'm so hyped now! But I'm probably the only one really hyped to hear the new cries lol.

Rob234111 said:
Uhhh actually no... Spiders are arachnids, not insects... Insects have 6 legs, Arachnids have 8
To be fully correct, Arachnids, including Araneae, have 6 pairs of limbs, of which 4 pairs are legs and a pair of chelicers and pedipalps.
So, although Joltik is my favorite Pokémon due to its cuteness, I don't agree, it is as spider (the same case with other spider-like Pokémon, and I'm personally interested, if the rumors turn out to be true, how will look the new Ghost spider).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back