(2) Secret Key Download, Platinum Player Strategy Guide [4/9]

RE: (1) Platinum Player Strategy Guide [4/9]

It's about time we recieved something close to the Japanese visual books. I'll be picking this up for sure! =D

I'll buy a Pokedex book when they add Arceus.

Maybye they are trying to make it fairer for us with the foreign langauge banning...

I think this is great! I have video games guides for DP and RS, but the only card guides I've ever gotten were not made my Nintendo, and only covered the Base Set, Fossil, Jungle, and Team Rocket.

I hope the guides are as good as they say....

They sound wierd...

I remember seeing an old deck poster from the old strategy book....it told you that you should have 28 energies in your deck! :D

I'll wait until some kid brings it to league, then I'll look at it. I'm almost sure that the only good thing about it is the Croak card, and that's not even great either.

I wonder if they'll be able to make a winning strategy with Luvdisc?

This is awesome. Maybe they will finally take the TCG as seriously as they do in Japan.

Regardless of whether the info in the book is useful i will be picking up at least one for the promo.

I think the new Toxicroak is maybe a good combo with the Platinum Toxicroak?

Lou Cypher said:
I wonder if they'll be able to make a winning strategy with Luvdisc?

All I know is, they better have an amazing deck for Purugly G. I'm betting if little kids will follow this book, Purugly very well could turn into the BDIF come Flygon. /lies

Yeah, the book sounds interesting. It's cheap, but it is an SP strategy guide, so I'll have to pick it up. Toxicroak G is amazing too. Great tech for Toxitank at the very least.

Secret Key via Wi-Fi is amazing. I didn't think they would actually do it, but no more TRU for me. I'm glad they're still offering TRU as an option, as not everyone has Wi-Fi. Most who play Pokemon should though.

dmaster out.

I can't wait to go to this event! I want to change my Rotom into different forms.

I'm predicting that the strategy guide will have stuff like: "You need around 20 energies so you'll always have enough" and "you need 16 basics to increase the chances of getting one during your 1st turn" like those stickers you used to get at league back in the base set days...

Oh well, the toxicroak seems funny, so I'll probably buy it.

Also, would this event work in, say, Belgium, with an American copy of Platinum?

Yeah, a glorified Theme Deck strategy. x_x I'm hoping for better, although.

dmaster out.

Finally, a good use for Wi-Fi besides online battling. >.<

I'm definitely going to pick up one of the books.... probably. ;p I'll most likely ask if it's good once it comes out, and depending on the yes/no ratio I'll buy it.

I'm glad that TRU is an option for the Secret Key seeing as I don't have wi-fi, can't wait to change my Rotom's forms, 1 Mow and 1 Frost or Fan.

I'll probably pick up the Guide, if I'm not broke, if only for the promo.

The guide sounds OK, but I bet it will only feature Platinum and Rising rivals cards, so it won't mention that all decks must have Roseanne's and Rare candies. I want it to see if they mention Blastcatty, if they don't then they are boneheaded idiots.

Yay! My mom doesn't have to take me to TRU! Let's hope that my Wifi doesn't break like it always does when i need it!

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
Also, would this event work in, say, Belgium, with an American copy of Platinum?
Yes, as long as it's a North American copy, it should work with the event; after all, I was able to get the Secret Key and Member's Card with my Japanese copy of Platinum, even though I live in the States, so I see no reason it should be different with the US version and its event.

Back