(2) Secret Key Downloadable Now, Rising Rivals Blister Pack with Carnivine G [4/20]

RE: (1) Rising Rivals Blister Pack with Carnivine G [4/20]

All I can say is the artwork for the Rising Rivals packs is great - the contrasting colors and the bright whites really make the packs stand out. The Platinum packs looked great, too. Overall, the 3D artwork packs (which used to be my least favorite) have been getting better. So I guess they're finally getting better at designing the 3D artwork.

I really like the Rotom pack art. the Carnivine looks cool...but it doesn't seem too good. I'm not going to waste money on this, as I'll get enough pack art at pre releashes.

You guys haven't seen the pack art before?

http://pokebeach.com/2009/03/next-english-set-rising-rivals

I'm liking carnivine's sniping attack :] load him up with a bunch of energies and you have a mini dusknoir that isn't stopped by unknown g and doesn't have to be hurt. The fact that there is a supporter that lets you attach another energy to an sp pokemon makes this little ghosty a somewhat decent rogue

I've seen it before, WPM, I just wanted to comment on it now, and not earlier. I am really glad they're improving the 3D artwork, though. Before it was just boring, but now it's lively and actually appealing.

Carnivine G is awesomeness. I'll be sure to buy some of these blister packs. <3

I want to report a mistake. The Carnivine's G, retreat cost is 1, not 2, as WPM mentioned on his post.
Loved the pack! Really amazing!!

Carnivine G is by far the worst promo I have ever seen. There is significant doubt in my mind that he will ever do any good for G decks. The promo makes the blister pack seem useless.

I hope they make more 2-D booster packs artwork in the near future though, like what was done with Legends Awakened. I don't like how 3-D CGI is dominating the illustrations now. The illustrators are getting better at making them look less "artificial," but the 2-D artwork has been dwindling in number. (I suppose it's because it's now faster to make 3-D stuff.)

For that matter, have there been any Team Galactic Pokémon who aren't 3-D CGI?

Ophie said:
I hope they make more 2-D booster packs artwork in the near future though, like what was done with Legends Awakened. I don't like how 3-D CGI is dominating the illustrations now. The illustrators are getting better at making them look less "artificial," but the 2-D artwork has been dwindling in number. (I suppose it's because it's now faster to make 3-D stuff.)

For that matter, have there been any Team Galactic Pokémon who aren't 3-D CGI?

I completely agree with you. :)

And no, I don't believe there has been a non-CGI G Pokémon released.

Xous said:
And no, I don't believe there has been a non-CGI G Pokémon released.

You are correct, all G Pokemon are done in CGI.

Um, just a problem,

I can't see it on the main page...

carnivine is just like tangrowth GE, only tangrowth is stage 1, and carnivine is basic. too bad carnivine has less HP, but i guess snowpoint solves that.

Carnvine is okay but nothing special worth geting one pack though.

the other promo will either be Darkrai G or Probopass G if they go the way the Japanese released their promos when BET came out

I hope it is darkrai g, I see it know absol-darkrai-honchkrow g . The new g toolbox will be out for POTF. Can't wait for Darkrai G, the coolest g of all.

Yeah, I really hope it's Darkrai G, but with my luck it's gonna be Probopass G...

For the video, LOL.

But now I know I have to catch Rotom first. More effort for me.

Back