(3) Live-Action Pokemon Movie?, BW Shipping, Isshu's Fighting-Type Legendary Trio Revealed; More Lea

RE: (3) Live-Action Pokemon Movie?, BW Shipping, Isshu's Fighting-Type Legendary Trio Revealed; More Leaked Pokemon Info

The film is actually called Pokemon Apocalypse. The setting is in Celadon City after all the Pokemon Masters were wiped out. Now Rocket Cooperations now runs everything and force trainers to underground pokemon battles for money. Well of course, Ash decides he's had enough and stops Rocket.

Thats what I got from the full trailer. But the people who made this specializes in making kid friendly shows into more mature movies. Also the trailer is real for a real movie, but the movie and trailer are both unoffical. In other words, it's like a fanfic.

RE: (3) Live-Action Pokemon Movie?, BW Shipping, Isshu's Fighting-Type Legendary Trio Revealed; More Leaked Pokemon Info

*I find the idea of a live-action pokemon movie to be stupid. Thank god it's fake. At least they'd have better 3D pokemon..? I find it funny how Meowth shoots with the gun though! xD

*I like the 3 musketeer trio. Well.. Just Birijion. She's like a suicune. Kobaruon is like Entei. Terakion (McFatty) is like Raikou. I think Kureido is the trio-boss, yet the story behind is that the trio rescued the little pony from a building on fire.

As for the two trios of the game, "Raijin" and "Fighting Arceus Trio" (as so many people have been calling the second set =P) I think it's just a matter of getting acclimated to them. I remember when I was a wee little laddie and I saw the Entei-Raikou-Suicune trio, I was a little upset with them. "They don't have tails," I thought to myself, "and the blue one's snout looks really weird. Why do they have clouds on their backs?" Once everyone gets used to them, I think they're gonna be way more accepted.

I'm sure Nintendo has some pretty awesome cultural influences to explain their designs. From what they've said about the influences of the starter lines (they're based on designs from Western, Chinese and Japanese cultures) it's easy to imagine that they have such varied designs for the Pokémon and the legendaries, especially. I, for one, really like the Flying-type trio, and the really strong Japanese mythology they evoke. If nothing else, they look unique and have really strong visual appeal. Voltros, the blue one, has a really nifty look, I think.

Another thing that I think people don't give enough credence to is the (in my opinion) BRILLIANT addition of animated sprites. With that new feature you can only judge a Pokémon so much based on the single sprites we've seen. You have to imagine them having really interesting and personalised animations. Sure, the Flying trio all look the same, but there's a really good chance that they'll have unique and varied animations.

I can't wait for these games to be released here in America to really experience it for myself. You can bitch and complain all you want about how they look too rehashed or boring or awkward or whatever you want, but I can assure you beyond any shadow of a doubt that you will find yourself falling in love with these new critters after playing the game for only a little while. Some of them (the monkey gang, anyone?) have evident personality and appeal, and they grab your attention right away, but I think in the long run, people will find that their favourites are the ones that they skimmed over at first. I haven't heard anyone talk about Nuttre (the grass/steel one with tentacle-maces) but I think it's a really cool one and I think it'll have a really cool appearance in the anime.

I realise that this has become something of a rant, but really, everyone, you need to see just how much work Nintendo has put in to making sure that this game is just as much fun as we hoped for. I think that the series is going in a great direction, and I really appreciate the isolated-ness of Isshu, to really recapture that old Generation I feel of "just this group of critters" and nothing else. Honestly, if I was a kid about to embark on his own Poké-adventure, I'd rather live in Isshu than Kanto. There's something timeless and beautiful about Generation I, but there is nothing but good to say about this grand new set of critters set before us in Black and White.

That is all :)

@GrimKarasu: Very good analysis. I like all of the points that you made in your post. And being a vet of all the generations as well, I'd have to agree that I'd rather start my adventure in Isshu than in Kanto (aside from the reason that I know Kanto better than the back of my hand o_O). There seems to be so many good things in this region, and all that we know so far is making me anticipate the US release of the games like a never did for DP.

It also makes you wonder what they'll do for generation VI...I would hope that they continue on this path of many, many new pokemon each generation in new and interesting places.

There seems to be so many good things in this region, and all that we know so far is making me anticipate the US release of the games like a never did for DP.

Definitely, man. There are things in Isshu that Sinnoh only had minor hints of. I loved Sinnoh's kind of wintry appearance in Platinum, but there's gonna be ALL the seasons in Isshu, so it's infinitely better :D

Although, will the hero's clothing change? I hope so. Poor female protagonist with her tiny shorts and tank top!

I believe it will. I recall seeing pics of both the male and female protagonist in that demo that showed them in warmer clothing for winter.

It all just makes it that much harder to wait for it...>.<

I always found it weird how the Sinnoh female trainer still had the tiny miniskirt even though there was snow on the ground, especially while wandering through the blizzard on Route 217. How did she not get frostbite!?

Fire_Master said:
I believe it will. I recall seeing pics of both the male and female protagonist in that demo that showed them in warmer clothing for winter.
Characters change clothing?
That is different. Makes me wonder what other changes.

There is no change in clothing. That's what I believe and that's what I see. ^^ But I'm still not sure, 'cause I can't understand japanese.

@noah: Like I said, I might be wrong, but I am 99.9999% sure that the demo mentioned and showed wardrobe changes in the winter (i.e. warmer clothing). Do you have the game? Is that why you say so, or is it just because you yourself don't recall hearing of it?

This pokemon action movie will be funny and I wanna see it! :p

@Hinomoto: It's not a real movie, bub.

I Think the movie was made by a Film animator just trying to pull a few yolks.

its completely fake. Beasides why would team rocket have guns? Life there is so pokemon oriented, its like this: gotta problem? Tell it to my charizard.
Oh yeah well my blastoise wants to fight!
Fights and who ever lost is wrong.
The End.
Bad teams usually hav menacing pokemon. Not the grunts but the bosses. Giovanni with a huge bipedal rhydon probably scared some people, and flying blood sucking bats just adds on to that.
Point is, they should stick to the laws of pokemon.
Id hate it if the game producers made the game by themselves. Everyone knows how infamous movie games are, maybe the same backwards.

frostwind said:
its completely fake. Beasides why would team rocket have guns? Life there is so pokemon oriented, its like this: gotta problem? Tell it to my charizard.
Oh yeah well my blastoise wants to fight!
Fights and who ever lost is wrong.
The End.
Bad teams usually hav menacing pokemon. Not the grunts but the bosses. Giovanni with a huge bipedal rhydon probably scared some people, and flying blood sucking bats just adds on to that.
Point is, they should stick to the laws of pokemon.
Id hate it if the game producers made the game by themselves. Everyone knows how infamous movie games are, maybe the same backwards.

The whole point of the fake movie trailer was to demonstrate that things in Hollywood -- and in general -- have started becoming darker and darker. "There are no more masters," movie Brock says, and it's true. Just to get something close to a real Pokémon battle Ash has to fight in cruel gambling dens. The guns, car-bomb Voltorb, Pokémon black-market sales, all of it...it's an interesting take on a familiar concept. It was pretty insightful and also a little funny -- I mean, Meowth with a gun? C'mon, that was awesome. And Ash telling Misty, "I choose you."...just perfect :]

Anyway, adding the real life elements to the movie made it so that things weren't as Poké-oriented as the games, which is the point. There's no need for Rhydon Extortion and Golbat Intimidation...they have guns. There's no more honour in a Pokémon battle, which is why the gambling dens are especially heartbreaking. It's a very well-made trailer, even if it is fake. Well done, Pokémon: Apokélypse staff =)

basically doing to pokemon what michael bay did to transformers. not a compliment btw

XieRH said:
basically doing to pokemon what michael bay did to transformers. not a compliment btw

Xie, if this movie was a serious endeavour, then you'd probably be right. Since it's something of a parody, though, it presents some really interesting insights to our mindset as consumers. People are attracted to explosions and action and predictable tropes. Present them with something that breaks the mold and they're left unsatisfied by "poor moviemaking." It's a matter of perception. I thought the Transformers movie did some interesting things, but mostly, yes, it was crap. It's really cool to look at things like Pokémon through that lens of "Hollywood darkness," though, don't you think? =)

IMO it could be done without going hollywood anyway. A lot of things in Hollywood try to go for sheer spectacle rather than substance. In fact I always felt that pokemon should've taken a story atmosphere more akin to something fullmetal alchemist, a mix of seriousness and light-heartedness. The closest to that though, is the Pokemon Special manga, of which I am an avid reader of.

if it were supposed to be a parody, then Id probably replace my transformers comment with something referencing the producers of Scary Movie instead :p

I know this movie is fake but so in a sense I wanna see this as comedy lol. Many japanese think like this:D

When/If the movie is proven fake
i would like to still like to see it
You know just to see the mistakes

Back