(3) Triumphant Images, Isshu Based Off NY, Black White Perfect Score [9/9]

Isshu being based off NY is very cool, but i expected it. Im still very happy. Now i will be expecting some skyscrapers that are much better than the department stores to be in the game.

thats awesome
an that goes all the way round

*voice guy -can ash survive in the this economy - what challenges can ash accomplish with money*
- to be continued*
lmao j/k
it's funny to me

I don't think the game creators are going to put every single landmark in New York into the game. I mean, it's based off of it, but isn't copied.

Personally, for me, Isshu, is Isshu.

Hopefully this will be a good game, I'm excited for it.

so i guess each starter is based of a culture now... Chinese, western, and Japanese...^_^

did anyone check 2ch yet???? im hearing that the Mijumaru is confirmed to be water/fighting!!!!!!

ooo, i do love the new artwork for the boosters and decks, I think i'm gonna get both decks when the set comes out and i still love the new deck design carried on from undaunted. (with the display window and booster pack) I was suprised no 2nd gen feature on the packs but the artwork on them is probably the best yet. The booster box will look awesome. I am looking forward to this set and hopefully it will be the best HS set yet for both players and collectors alike.

Cool! I live in New York, so this is awesome!

Anyways, I'm planning on getting some HS: Triumphant boosters if I get the chance, and it seems interesting that they didn't continue the "Un-" prefix line.

Also, Black and White getting a perfect score makes me want to get the game even more...

I'm looking forward to a lot of this!

I (in that other thread) said:
Okay. From what I've heard, it's not fake, but it's an unofficial magazine and the article is only a collection of speculation that doesn't give any set answer.

Also...
WHY SHOULD WE CARE?
Why can't Isshu just be Isshu? Who cares if it's based on New York or some place in China or a valley in the middle of Africa? What if it's a brand new region not inspired by any existing area? It's not like they HAVE to stick to the pattern of basing the regions on real-life locations, just as you're all speculating that they're straying from the pattern of basing regions on parts of Japan.

That is all.

Triumphant looks great, by the way. I love it. <3

I cannot wait for Triumphant! Any guesses on the deck types? Obviously water and fighting respectively, but judging by the cards remaining to be revealed; Mamoswine deck might also be lighting? and Nidoking have psychic types (Nidoqueen)?

THe nidoking deck will be probably be psy beacuse its nidoran [m] and nidorino are psy cards in the set so the deck will need some psy energy, hence psy pokes. If that makes sense.

For mamoswine i will probs be electric or fire with the water/ice. They might add electivre or magmortar to it but i doubt it

I'm glad Isshu is based off of New York!! I also like the American-themed Pokemon. :D
40/40?! No way! I'm probably getting both games now.

Well it seems like the Isshu region is based off of New York. There was some similarities between the cities as well as the characters represented in the game. I didn't care where the Isshu region was located. I just mostly care about the gameplay.

I hope there arent any american pokemon, cuz i dont think that would be nice. I like the idea of how pokemon is sorta covering the globe, if you think about it. I want to see what types the starters are. hoping for a water/fighting!!!

"Okay. From what I've heard, it's not fake, but it's an unofficial magazine and the article is only a collection of speculation that doesn't give any set answer.

Also...
WHY SHOULD WE CARE?
Why can't Isshu just be Isshu? Who cares if it's based on New York"

It's an official magazine, so you heard wrong. The information would not be speculation - it's full of interviews from the creators of the game. So, whether they do discuss New York or not, it's real information :p

And people care because 1) It's a huge annoying debate and some of us want it to end one way or the other, and 2) So far every region has been based off some specific place according to the creators in interviews such as this, so it's just interesting to see if this one really is based on somewhere other than Japan :) Isshu IS Isshu. But some of care because it's INTERESTING.

Isshu is based off New York =] (just glad to be right about something). i was having second thoughts on getting both game but now since it got a perfect review score im definitely getting both. if i knew japanese i would get them now but since i don't i have to wait for the english version.

makes you wonder if Game Freak's planning to have the next generation based off of London, Paris or Beijing or just about any other major global city for that matter.

the theme decks are probably Psychic/Fighting for the Nidoking one (for obvious reasons) and Water/Grass for the Mamoswine deck since its name is _Verdant_ Frost...

I think thats a cool idea. Since the previous regions were all too fake to me. I didnt feel like i was really part of the game. Now that it is based off a real place. I think its really nice.

Back