3DS Discussion Thread

I have to wonder why in Arceus' name 3D Pro costs so much. I mean really, all they did was add in National Dex Pokemon and a quiz feature, that's not worth paying $15 when the original one was free. Hell, that's not even worth $10, I wouldn't pay more than $5 for something like this.

NachoMan said:
Me too. People that aren't getting this don't know what they're missing.

I'm quite sure I know what I'm missing. Sufficient funds to purchase it.

Porygon-X said:
Is there any chance that we will get the Charizard 3DS? I'm thinking of upgrading my 3DS regular to an XL, and I would buy the Charizard over the Pikachu any day.

I wouldn't bet on it. It may be Pokemon, but it's still not big enough in America to warrant multiple Limited Editions I'd be guessing. Or rather, it would be big enough, but not as big in Japan. Or... Yeah. If it ever does though I pray I have the cash to spend on hand.

Bolt the Cat said:
I have to wonder why in Arceus' name 3D Pro cost
s so much. I mean really, all they did was add in National Dex Pokemon and a quiz feature, that's not worth paying $15 when the original one was free. Hell, that's not even worth $10, I wouldn't pay more than $5 for something like this.

Yea... I have to agree with you. Maybe if you could access it while playing X and Y, just maybe then, could I see it being useful. And even then it MUST have X and Y's Pokemon in it to be useful (which I'm quite sure it doesn't)! Otherwise the internet is on hand pretty much 70% of the time, so why would I spend $15 on something that tells me even less? Or even $10? $5 I could see, but anything more than that gets my immediate stamp of NOpproval.

Not saying it's a bad purchase decision, it's a neat little gimmick. But it's definitely not for me.

SotS said:
Yea... I have to agree with you. Maybe if you could access it while playing X and Y, just maybe then, could I see it being useful. And even then it MUST have X and Y's Pokemon in it to be useful (which I'm quite sure it doesn't)!

That wouldn't work, because they typically change movesets between games (hell, they did it in between BW1 and BW2, did 3D Pro change that at all), so you'd pretty much need a copy of the Pokedex for every single Pokemon in game in the franchise or else it would only be accurate for one game in the entire franchise. At this point, it's probably better to just integrate Pokedex 3D features into the new games anyway (which adds a whole new dimension of lack of value to 3D Pro, because XY is giving you infinitely more bang for 2-3 times the buck)

I'm gonna buy the Pikachu 3DS XL, then sell it in a year or two to make a huge profit.
...is anybody else? I feel like I'm the only guy who's not buying it to use it...

don()shinobi said:
I'm gonna buy the Pikachu 3DS XL, then sell it in a year or two to make a huge profit.
...is anybody else? I feel like I'm the only guy who's not buying it to use it...

That's what my plan was (except I expect value in a month, honestly), but after looking around after the announcement there's literally no way for me to scrap the money together. That and... Well, I kind of want it to keep as well. I figured I could buy one now, sell it in a month, then the value may drop later on if they ever reprint them. (Not sure why, but I see them doing something like that.)

So no, you're not... Technically? I guess?

I don't know.

After very careful consideration, I have decided I will not be buying the Pikachu 3DS XL for the following reasons: 1. I don't like Pikachu. 2: This. 3. <---- That. 4. Not interested in investing in a game system to sell it, with that money I could buy 4~ silver coins.

... but anyways, please bring that to America, Nintendo.

also, congrats Bazinga. The most Streetpasses I've gotten in a day is like... five. So if I did my math right, you have me beat.

Went to an anime con today, so I got a lot of streetpass. I'll go tomorrow and Sunday too. Also, that fire emblem 3DS looks awesome! I'd buy it, if I wasn't trying to get a wii u.

I'll have a minicon today! Let's see if I can get my total up to 1000 passes this year. I think I have much more than 750 passes already (thanks to various anime conventions).

Teal said:
I'll have a minicon today! Let's see if I can get my total up to 1000 passes this year. I think I have much more than 750 passes already (thanks to various anime conventions).

Whoa! I've had my 3ds since May 2011 and I only have 400 streetpass tags total!

I got like 800 passes, mostly from when i took my 3DS with me when i went to Japan. It was insane the tags I'd get within a minute... (o_O)

Starboard Driger said:
After very careful consideration, I have decided I will not be buying the Pikachu 3DS XL for the following reasons: 1. I don't like Pikachu. 2: This. 3. <---- That. 4. Not interested in investing in a game system to sell it, with that money I could buy 4~ silver coins.

It is in America now. When I went to Gamestop today for the pokemon event, I saw it sitting there. Amazon also is selling it. It's not the same one you have linked, but I think it's gonna be the closest special Fire Emblem 3DS America's gonna get. /:

Grand total of streetpass today..... 30 People! I think I could've gotten more, but I still had a lot of fun at Zenkaikon today!

Pikachu 3DS XL and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity. Both are out tomorrow!!!!! :D I'm excited. Gonna be a Target as soon as they open!

Teeboy23 said:
Pikachu 3DS XL and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity. Both are out tomorrow!!!!! :D I'm excited. Gonna be a Target as soon as they open!

Me too. Gotta move fast.

don()shinobi said:
Wow. Where's the fun in that? The point of buying a Limited Edition system is to have, and that a lot of people won't have.

PikabooPikachu said:
I got like 800 passes, mostly from when i took my 3DS with me when i went to Japan. It was insane the tags I'd get within a minute... (o_O)

Starboard Driger said:

It is in America now. When I went to Gamestop today for the pokemon event, I saw it sitting there. Amazon also is selling it. It's not the same one you have linked, but I think it's gonna be the closest special Fire Emblem 3DS America's gonna get. /:

Yeah, but that's the normal 3DS. The one I linked to is the XL, which is only in Europe and Japan at the moment >8(

If it never comes to the states, I'll get either black or white (concerned that the latter might get dirty though. Anyone know if the material is like that?)... when those come to the states. I read that white doesn't sell well over here, so that's why they haven't brought it over, but black is onixeptable. IT'S BLACK. NINTENDO Y U NO.

... I feel like 90% of my posts in this thread are complaining about Nintendo not localizing something.

It's now March 24th! Which means Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity, and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon are now on the eShop and in stores! And, the Pikachu 3DS XL is now in stores!

Bazinga001 said:
Time to reveal my grand streetpass total for today! 25 people in 3 hours!

Nice! I don't get but one a week on average, but I got something like sixty~ from the Zelda Symphony at the Dallas Symphony Theater. It was awesome. docjazz4 was even there!
/pleasedon'ttakeasbraggingitwasjustreallyfun

Teeboy23 said:

And Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon! I was going to get Mystery Dungeon, but it's been getting so-and-so reviews, whereas Luigi's Mansion has been nothing but good for the most part. Not that I expected too much more for Gates to Infinity, I just didn't expect Luigi's Mansion to get such glowing reviews!

NachoMan said:
Wow. Where's the fun in that? The point of buying a Limited Edition system is to have, and that a lot of people won't have.

I don't think that's the point of buying a Limited Edition, lol. It's the same point whether it's limited edition or not: You want it. Making friends envious has nothing to do with it. It's just a bonus. :p

Starboard Driger said:
PikabooPikachu said:

Yeah, but that's the normal 3DS. The one I linked to is the XL, which is only in Europe and Japan at the moment >8(

If it never comes to the states, I'll get either black or white (concerned that the latter might get dirty though. Anyone know if the material is like that?)... when those come to the states. I read that white doesn't sell well over here, so that's why they haven't brought it over, but black is onixeptable. IT'S BLACK. NINTENDO Y U NO.

... I feel like 90% of my posts in this thread are complaining about Nintendo not localizing something.

Oh don't worry. If Monster Hunter 4 releases in Japan without signs of it releasing here your posts will look like nothing. ^-^

Back