3DS Discussion Thread

Chariblaze said:
ThatPokemonCollector said:
Well as for sales, Nintendo have dropped prices for all their consoles not long after their release dates.

That's only really happened with 3DS. Off the top of my head, Wii didn't drop until... late 2009, I think? Don't know about DS Phat, but DS Lite didn't drop until 2010 or something crazy. Though, DSi and DSi XL did drop in 2011, one year after DSi XL launched, so I guess that counts.

PikabooPikachu said:
I got it. Since I really like rhythm games, I think it's pretty good. It's very different from other music games I've played. I think it's worth it. I've played it longer than I have played Pushmo.

I can't give a good answer, but I think it's worth it just by being a rhythm game. Rhythm games are some of the most fun to replay.

Yeah. It's like you can play threw it once and "beat" it. Then go back and get gold on all of the songs/ stages you haven't got gold/ 100% on. That'a what I like the most about rhythm games. Also, I think I like it more than I do final fantasy theatrhythm because of it's concept and story.

ChillBill said:
So, following your suggestions, I downloaded OoT. Thank you guys. It's great. The graphics are amazing and the story is interesting. Controls are pretty good too. The only think that annoys me is the 1st person camera angle. Otherwise, it's excellent.

Once you get done with OoT, I recommend you download Links Awakening on eshop. Its also a very good game, and a lot of the music in it is amazing. Just saying though, it's a bit different from OoT though.(doesn't take place in Hyrule and Zelda's not in it, for starters)

Or if you have a Wii/Wii U I highly recommend Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess, they're both great games. Although not for the 3ds... :|

Welcome to the world of Zelda my friend!

pokemaister899 said:
ChillBill said:
So, following your suggestions, I downloaded OoT. Thank you guys. It's great. The graphics are amazing and the story is interesting. Controls are pretty good too. The only think that annoys me is the 1st person camera angle. Otherwise, it's excellent.

Once you get done with OoT, I recommend you download Links Awakening on eshop. Its also a very good game, and a lot of the music in it is amazing. Just saying though, it's a bit different from OoT though.(doesn't take place in Hyrule and Zelda's not in it, for starters)

The Oracle games will be in the eShop soon, too! :D

Amphy23 said:
But it is really good, the only annoying thing is multitasking by pressing R, A, X, and Circle Pad all at the same time to vacuum ghosts.

You don't have to press X, gyro controls. Takes awhile to get use to but its much better then pressing three buttons at the same time.

Chariblaze said:
pokemaister899 said:

The Oracle games will be in the eShop soon, too! :D

Oh yeah thats right, I've been looking forward to playing those for a while now. Man, theres been a lot of good things thats been coming to the eshop recently.

pokemaister899 said:
ChillBill said:

My opinion: Get Link's Awakening! I played the original gameboy color DX version and it was awesome!

Bolt the Cat said:
Why is there no demo for Luigi's Mansion?

I really want to play one before I decide whether or not it's good.

You can look at the first level on Youtube or see some parts of the first game on Gamecube and decide if you think you might like what the game is about. Alternatively, try a friend's game out if they have it.

dmaster out.

Bolt the Cat said:
Why is there no demo for Luigi's Mansion?

I really want to play one before I decide whether or not it's good.

Some Gamestops have it in their 3DS demo thingy. That's were I demoed the game. Otherwise, do what dmaster said and try out a buddy's.

dmaster said:
You can look at the first level on Youtube or see some parts of the first game on Gamecube and decide if you think you might like what the game is about. Alternatively, try a friend's game out if they have it.

dmaster out.

That's true, but for all the hype they've been giving this game, you'd think they'd put a demo on the eShop.

PikabooPikachu said:
Some Gamestops have it in their 3DS demo thingy. That's were I demoed the game. Otherwise, do what dmaster said and try out a buddy's.

Good to know, I'll have to check that out when I get back to my apartment next week.

PikabooPikachu said:

Oh, those displays. My GameStop had NSMB2 for a while, but the last time I went they had Adventure Time... the DS version. -.-

So what kinds of games are you hoping will be announced at E3?

I'm hoping for:

New Kirby and/or Metroid game (these franchises really need to make their way to 3DS sooner or later)
Something on SSB4 (probably just a trailer at this point)
maybe another new Mario game if it's original enough (Super Mario 3D Land 2, anyone?)

Bolt the Cat said:
That's true, but for all the hype they've been giving this game, you'd think they'd put a demo on the eShop.

Nintendo generally does not release demos of their first party games.

They let the game speak for itself. ;p

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
Nintendo generally does not release demos of their first party games.

They let the game speak for itself. ;p

dmaster out.

Seems like a pretty backwards strategy IMO. If you want people to buy your games, they need a taste of it first to see if it's worth buying (unless they've played a similar one before).

Bolt the Cat said:
So what kinds of games are you hoping will be announced at E3?

I'm hoping for:

New Kirby and/or Metroid game (these franchises really need to make their way to 3DS sooner or later)
maybe another new Mario game if it's original enough (Super Mario 3D Land 2, anyone?)

For the 3ds? I'd like to see a Mario Party personally, or maybe a new Star Fox game (yeah like that will ever happen.) I'd also like to see a non remake Zelda game for the 3ds. But what I'm really looking forward to is SSB4 and the new Zelda game for the Wii U (I've been hyped for both those things since last year)

Oh yeah I almost forgot, I want to see an X/Y trailer too. I'm expecting some great things from E3 2013 :D

Bolt the Cat said:

It's GUARANTEED... we'll get screenshots.

EAD Tokyo is probably busy with the new 3D Mario Action game on Wii U, but yeah, that'd be cool.

The Pikachu Mafia said:
For the 3ds? I'd like to see a Mario Party personally

YES. After playing a good amount of Mario Party DS, I think the franchise mostly works on portables. Kinda. If anything, the gimmick of single-card download play being used for all multiplayer was great. Never had to worry about anyone else owning the game.

Oh yeah I almost forgot, I want to see an X/Y trailer too. I'm expecting some great things from E3 2013 :D

Yeah, I think trailers are what we're really going to see. They announced a lot of their stuff in the last few Nintendo Directs, and they seem to want to put trailer-season in E3. We'll get some surprises, yeah. I think a 3DS Zelda is likely, and if not that, some other really big holiday title for 3DS. And after last year's fireworks, we should get the big thing at the end. As many have predicted, maybe it'll be what Retro's working on.

Mario Party 3DS would be amazing. Mario Party DS was one of my favorite games ever (too bad I lost it somewhere *cries in a corner*). A new Metroid would be nice too.

Also, I might get a new game this weekend: should I get Mario Kart 7 or Mystery Dungeon? I'm really stuck on both, although I'm leaning towards MK7.

The storyline in MK7 is nonexistent but at the same time it has a ton of replay value. I've yet to play the new PMD game, but in the long run I think MK7 has more value when compared to past PMD games.

The Pikachu Mafia said:
Oh yeah I almost forgot, I want to see an X/Y trailer too.

That'd be nice, too.

The Pikachu Mafia said:
I'm expecting some great things from E3 2013 :D

Let's hope so. Nintendo really needs to step up their first party lineup on both the Wii U and 3DS (although the 3DS is in a slightly better position than Wii U, but still lack a few key franchises).

Back