(6) Lots of News [6/27]

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: (?) Lots of News [6/27]

ManhattanTheStarr said:
Wow, September 18th.
Seems kinda early, IMO. Not that I'm complaining.
But the date doesn't matter much to me, since I've never, and won't ever pre-order a game where I can't even understand what the people are saying. X_x But hey, I guess once it's released in Japan, there's gonna be gameplay videos of B/W all over Youtube for me to watch like the nerd I am. :B

Well, I am kinda glad that it's coming early. I mean it takes the game to translate into english around 5 months. And thats just in America. It takes around another 3 months to get it into eroupe. And that was with the 4th generation. It will probaly take 6 months in America. So the early it is in Japan, the earlier it gets around the world.

Just says "Black", similar to how in HGSS they just called him "Soul".
However soul's real character name is "hibiki', so it makes sense to assume that Black also has a similar "Character name'.

kriffix said:
Just says "Black", similar to how in HGSS they just called him "Soul".
However soul's real character name is "hibiki', so it makes sense to assume that Black also has a similar "Character name'.

Thanks! It's just nice to know for sure now which one is Black and which one is White. (Male / Female, etc)

kriffix said:
EDIT: actually Chelen doesn't necessarily seem to be a gym leader, judging by the room they were in. The VS screen was misleading, but maybe it's simply because that's how all battle start now~

Also I'd just like to emphasis my edit here. There's no guarantee that Chelen/Cheren is a gym leader so sorry for the confusion!

Could the second guy be a villain disguising himself as the character in the first and third screenshots?
That is a distinct possibility, looking at the way the scene flows there.

kriffix said:
EDIT: actually Chelen doesn't necessarily seem to be a gym leader, judging by the room they were in. The VS screen was misleading, but maybe it's simply because that's how all battle start now~

I was thinking the same thing.
4fx1rl.png

Also there is another mysterious character. =O

Yeah, just looks like a house that's been burgled is now being use to battle. Maybe the protagonist is accused or something.

[IX] said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzTtW0IfvWU

I noticified something. Look at this video and pause at 0:24. Doesn't it look like a gym mech ? And a trainer in the middle of this... Maybe this amusement park have a Gym ?

Anywho, the games and characters portrait looks very good so far !

I think that too. I think that if it is a gym, it's going to be an Electric one.

Black and White are looking incredible so far. I just hope GF doesn't do something to make them stink.

cocowoushi said:
I wonder if Cheren is a male or a female. I.. honestly can't tell from the VS shot.

Yes it's hard to tell. The eyes and glasses are feminine but the hands have a more masculine build.
I lean towards female though.

kriffix said:
Yeah, just looks like a house that's been burgled is now being use to battle. Maybe the protagonist is accused or something.

Yeah, the male protagonist has the same hat, but in a different colour, as the rival. It could play into the rival = villain theory.

Divine_Light said:
Yeah, the male protagonist has the same hat, but in a different colour, as the rival. It could play into the rival = villain theory.

The whole dark/light good/evil side thing makes it add up too. Plus the jaw shape, hair length and eyes are the same. Perhaps this is a reason for choosing older characters this time, so that the same-aged rival guy turns out to be a villain. a 10 year old gang leader just doesn't have the same ring to it afterall w

Divine_Light said:
Cheren sort of looks like a cop too, in that outfit. Maybe s/he continually mistakes you for the (villain) Rival and thus battles you often - allow the reason why Cheren has their own VS sprite.

indeed, there is a kind of wood-be detective feel. (probably due to the accusing finger and smart composure of adjusting their glasses) Of course just as speculation, nothing solid here~
I'd say that the rival/villain part goes beyond speculation now though, it's downright likely.

kriffix said:
The whole dark/light good/evil side thing makes it add up too. Plus the jaw shape, hair length and eyes are the same. Perhaps this is a reason for choosing older characters this time, so that the same-aged rival guy turns out to be a villain. a 10 year old gang leader just doesn't have the same ring to it afterall w

The main characters are meant to be older that the other ones. I'm guessing around 15. But the villain looks like 17.

The characters are normally 10 so I think 12-14 also, Looker was epic and always will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back