(6) Lots of News [6/27]

Status
Not open for further replies.
cocowoushi said:
Okay, having some time to have this sink in here are my thoughts:

The boy in the cap will be (one of) your rival/s, as he claims "I will surpass the champion." However, there's something noticeably menacing about him (probably the goofy hair, pale complexion). Not to mention he bears a slight resemblance to the clearly villainous figure with the red eye and golden artifact. Father/Son relationship perhaps? Brothers?

Also, our Rival is wearing a cap too, similar in style to our protagonists. Before the VS match with Cheren and Black, the room they are in has recently been terrorized by a pokemon. You can tell by the footprints on the wall. I don't believe Cheren is a rival, or a Gym leader, but guessing by the small amount of clothes we see, they look like an officer or maybe someone like Looker was in Platinum. Our Rival is actually working for the bad guys and is what caused the chaos in this room. Cheren runs in to investigate but mistakes you as the thief instead.

This probably happens more than once, as you're more on the trail to track down and stop your Rival, who always seems to leave before Cheren shows up, leaving you to battle them instead. This explains why Cheren has their own VS sprite, and why they're not directly in front of you when the battle starts.

The golden object the Villain guy holds looks like a crown, but I actually think it's the top of a torch of some kind, to tie in with the whole fire thing Reshiram's got going on.

And I'm going to guess the bit with the roller coaster is part of a Gym. An Electric type I'm hoping - with what looks like a female leader. (She's got blond hair so it certainly fits the trend!)

Hey are the person who also posted this on serebii? At first I thought someone else thought of something similar but it is the exact same theory. Anyways I thought this was a good idea. Very well thought out.

Chimchar15 said:
Hey are the person who also posted this on serebii? At first I thought someone else thought of something similar but it is the exact same theory. Anyways I thought this was a good idea. Very well thought out.
XD Yep, same names. *points*

Though my Serebii forums are just sooo laggy. =(

Has anyone noticed that the trashed room where you battle Cheren looks a lot like your room in most other games, with the bed, T.V., downstairs, etc?

The map gives a lot of options for speculation. What are the clouds covering? If they're all important, could the game have a lot of story, more than were used to seeing? Why is Hiun City so big while the others are small and detached? Could the airport take you to previous regions? (Like I've always wanted!) What's the building near the top left corner that is partially covered in clouds and has a fancy gate? Where do Reshiram and Zekrom fit into this map? The list goes on and on...

Wow. Those pics look awesome. I hope we get some videos soon. I would like to see those when they come out.:)

hey thanks for the jirachi mystery gift information! i've always wanted a jirachi since i sold my old pokemon games for the gamecube along with the jirachi bonus disk thing so i couldn't get one. thanks! i'm also looking for celebi, arceus, etc. so i'll be coming back to this site often to see what there is to see and hopefully obtain the pokemon i'm looking for. thanks!

Oh totally forgot. Glad to see you made it safely to Japan WPM. Man I can't wait to see more of this game!

cocowoushi said:
Okay, having some time to have this sink in here are my thoughts:

The boy in the cap will be (one of) your rival/s, as he claims "I will surpass the champion." However, there's something noticeably menacing about him (probably the goofy hair, pale complexion). Not to mention he bears a slight resemblance to the clearly villainous figure with the red eye and golden artifact. Father/Son relationship perhaps? Brothers?

Also, our Rival is wearing a cap too, similar in style to our protagonists. Before the VS match with Cheren and Black, the room they are in has recently been terrorized by a pokemon. You can tell by the footprints on the wall. I don't believe Cheren is a rival, or a Gym leader, but guessing by the small amount of clothes we see, they look like an officer or maybe someone like Looker was in Platinum. Our Rival is actually working for the bad guys and is what caused the chaos in this room. Cheren runs in to investigate but mistakes you as the thief instead.

This probably happens more than once, as you're more on the trail to track down and stop your Rival, who always seems to leave before Cheren shows up, leaving you to battle them instead. This explains why Cheren has their own VS sprite, and why they're not directly in front of you when the battle starts.
You`re right!I totally agree with you about the brotherhood.Maybe the two of them starts their adventure as rivals but at some point something happened to the green hair guy.And the protagonist(Furatsuu) will discover that somethiong is not right with his brother and will try to help him or sth else.I think this could be the theme of yin and yang not only for Zekrom and Reshiram but even for the two brothers.

cocowoushi said:
Can you tell what the Protagonists name is?
pkmnbwvs.jpg
His name is Furatsuu

Its a mistake his name is Black,
[IX] said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzTtW0IfvWU

I noticified something. Look at this video and pause at 0:24. Doesn't it look like a gym mech ? And a trainer in the middle of this... Maybe this amusement park have a Gym ?

Anywho, the games and characters portrait looks very good so far !

Yeah, actually its a gym.If you pause it at 0:23 you will see a blonde girl that looks like its in the center of the gym as a gymleader

RuinsofPoli said:
4fx1rl.png

Anyone see that lamp thing above the two stand out characters? It kinda looks like a pokemon...
Maybe that girl with the cap in the middle is a gymleader!

The Spook said:
That girl in the middle is a gymleader!
Its possible that person in the middle could be your mom if thats your house that Black and Cheren are in, or it could be just the owner of that house and what not.

Waitwaitwait. It's been speculated and rumoured that the third legendary to accompany Reshiram and Zekrom will be a green / pale green colour. And this shady (ba dum tish) looking trainer is wearing all black and white, and has pale green hair. Coincidence? :p
Even if the green colour isn't significant, this person must be. He looks suspiciously evil with that colour scheme, and he may be linked to the cover legendaries in some way because of this. He looks younger than the guy with massive hair and crown, but they do look remarkably similar. The trainer's cap hides his eye colour. Hm.

The Spook said:
cocowoushi said:
Can you tell what the Protagonists name is?
pkmnbwvs.jpg
His name is Furatsuu

[IX] said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzTtW0IfvWU

I noticified something. Look at this video and pause at 0:24. Doesn't it look like a gym mech ? And a trainer in the middle of this... Maybe this amusement park have a Gym ?

Anywho, the games and characters portrait looks very good so far !

Yeah, actually its a gym.If you pause it at 0:23 you will see a blonde girl (similar to the third girl in the room with Cherel and the protagonist Furatsuu) that looks like its in the center of the gym as a gymleader and waiting for you to challenge her in a battle.

I'm pretty sure his name is Black, as in Burraku

Hey, that evil dude. The middle picture, the golden staff contains a Celebi head, if you look near the top middle on the right!

@the spook

You're making a lot of claims, but i'm afraid you're misinformed.

His name is not "furatsuu", as I said near the beginning, and as anyone with even the smallest amount of Japanese knowledge could tell, his name (here anyway) is Black.

Also nothing says for sure yet that Cheren/Chelen is a gym leader, don't just go claiming that it's true because you wan't it to be/you wan't to sound knowledgable!

i just noticed that your "Rival(unconfirmed)" is dressed in black and white... Am I making a point or am I just late? = (

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back