Pokemon A Pokémon For Each Real World Country

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
RE: A Pokémon For Each Real World Country - Voting Phase!

After reading Celever's lecture...
I would like to change my UK vote too Bronzong.

PsychedelicBreakfast

We can live beside the ocean leave the fire behind

Uh, er, I wouldn't say I got the wrong country... Wales may have a large sheep population, but so does Scotland. All I know is that there are more sheep in Scotland than there are people.

ArceusTrainer

Arceus Collector

Norway: Arcanine, Pyroar

Uhm whadefug, no, no and no

If you think about Lynx, ye, but Lynx is very, very, VERY rare in Norway, the most suitable for Norway imo is Stantler

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon

First of all, sorry for being so late with this.

Secondly and more importantly, I'd like to thank all those that participated in this voting, despiting my hopes that all Pkbeach community would participate and contribute to smaller countries also having a Pokémon and with that, people learning some history and facts about said countries.

This one is finished, but I hope that in time, namely with a new generation, a new poll might arise and attract more people, even if not promoted/created by me.

Neil Klima

Aspiring Trainer

USA- Braviary is the first choice, but i feel like Sawsbuck an Luxray are also acceptable, due the kinds of wildlife here.
Mexico- I feel like Hawlucha would be the best mascot for mexico, i always thought ludicolo was kinda racist. and btw, mexico's coat of arms isnt a vulture, its an eagle as well.
France- should get Furfrou i think. Maybe sterotypical but it fits imo.
Spain- Tauros
South Africa- ummmmmm, Sharpedo? I feel like that one is an obvious one that didnt get mentioned. South Africa's coast is known for its great white poplulation.
Australia- i think Seviper, but Kangaskhan makes sense, its marsupialesque.
China- Pangoro
Brazil- I think Tropius or Luvdisc is the most suitable. Tropical place, and the ladies are HOT. xD
Denmark- Vaporeon. Little Mermaid ring a bell? anyone?
Egypt- I feel like Cofagrigus is obvious, but Lucario would work here, as well as Hippowdon.
India- ARBOK. hands down. i think india, i think cobras.
Algeria-Fennekin. based off of fennec fox, fennec is a french word, and algeria is a desert country that was formerly a french colony. also i believe that fennec foxes do live here, so i nominate algeria for fennekin.
Japan- so many choices, but im going to go with Greninja cause i dont see any other countries with ninjas.
Peru- Mew. For any of you that know your red/blue games, mew was discovered in south america. hence the inclusion here.
Argentina- Arcanine. Lots of wild dog populations here, i feel like arcanine fits this one best. Or Mightyena for that matter.
Germany- I think Germany should get Chespin. Germany has tons of forest, chespin is a cute forest critter. i think german folk would agree.
Canada- Bastiodon. Most Triceratops and other dinos in that family are from canada, and they have a museum there for it. if not that, I think Glaceon would suffice for canada.
Scotland- Another country not mentioned. I think Stoutland is the perfect choice here =).
Ireland- Meloetta is awesome for this country, and sensible if you read some of their myths and stories.
Russia- Mamoswine
Ivory Coast- Donphan. how do you think Ivory Coast got its name? Elephant tusks dude. IVORY.
The Netherlands- Sunflora. I think of windmills and tulips, Sunflora is a cool flower, and theres the pot reference. Florges also works.
North and South Korea- Sawk/Throh for these guys.
Nepal- Medicham
Greece- I think Greece should get Gyarados. Large, mythical sea beast. makes sense to me. Lapras also works.
Switzerland- Abomasnow. for the alps.
Romania- Crobat. Dracula, vampires, come on.
Italy- this is a tough one, and maybe theres a more obvious choice, but i think Gardevoir makes sense here, or again, Florges.

thats all the ones i can do off top, but i may think of more.

MrCoolViking

Aspiring Trainer
I think Shaymin should represent Norway!
Why?

Well, partially because the movie "Giratina and the Sky Warrior" was inspired by the fjord landscapes of Norway. Those who made this movie actually visited Norway to find inspiration. Including glaciers, waterfalls, the train trip through a valley and the cruise ship on the fjord.

M677.jpg
M916.jpg
300px-Shaymin_M11_Sky_Forme.png

And in Norway there are hedgehogs (as Shaymin is), even though they may be a bit rare. Which, by the way, makes them more mysterious, like Shaymin. :rolleyes:

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Unfezant, Garbodor, Jellicent female and Swanna should also be represented by the UK.

Unfezant because pheasant shooting is popular in the countryside.
Garbodor due to how bad London smells.
Jellicent female should also be added, because the currant monarch is the Queen.
Swanna because all swans are owned by said Queen.

Happy Hunnabee

Aspiring Trainer
I have many choices:
Spheal, Popplio and Dragonite for Ireland due to the seal population, also a friend suggested Dragonite.
Grapploct for Mexico because someone suggested it.
Copperjah for India because it's based on a sacred animal, the elephant.
Oricorio for various countries: Baile for Spain, Pom Pom for USA, P'au for Hawaii and Sensu for Japan/China.
Komala, Kangaskhan, Krokorok, Ariados and Sharpedo for Australia for obvious reasons.
Kirlia in France or Russia due to ballet.
Bisharp for Japan because it's a samurai.
Toxricity, Corviknight, Scorbunny, Sinistea, Pachirisu and Male Jelicent for the UK, again, for obvious reasons.
Falinks and Lyncanroc for Italy due to the roman history and the national animal being the wolf.
Perrserker for Norway because it's a viking.
Crabominale and Abomasnow for Nepal because they're based on a Nepali cryptid, the yeti.
Incineroar, Octillery, Duraludon and Sawk for South Korea because Incineroar is a tiger, Octillery is an octopus, Duraludon is a skyscraper and South Korea has urban landscapes and Sawk because taekwando.
Thundurus for Greece because of Zeus.