Animal Crossing: New Leaf Discussion

Please try to keep simple statements to VM. This thread is for discussion of the game.

Aren't simple statements like, all you can say when it comes to Animal Crossing? =P

I saw another Scorpion last night. Fifth one seen.

FIFTH
ONE
LOST

I kid you not when I say each and every scorpion I've seen since release date has disappeared when I pull out my net. I haven't even been stung yet, man. They just all... *Whoosh* Gone. Then, I gave up on filling my bugs list when I couldn't catch a Tarantula, so it's not too much skin off my back.

I have caught a scorpion twice but never managed to catch the tarantula... v__v

You guys will be amazed when you visit my town sometime. You should. :3 Still WIP but I have made amazing progress.

Dream Address, and/or Town and Name?

Also, even though I haven't done all that much... At all, in the past few months, my town/name is Chris from Symphony. There was only one other guy with that combination last I checked. You'll know it's mine if you go straight down and see the Town Hall with a music flag.

I haven't updated my dream town in over a month. I should check out my dream town now, it will be interesting. (Yes... I actually just bought a second copy of ACNL... yup...)

I want to get a second copy later on down the road; a digital one. I like my boxes, and I hate not having physical cartridges, so I got it retail at release. But two years or so from now I'm worried about not getting around to it as much. #FirstWorldProblems

That reminds me: If anyone has Kit, Agent S, Margie, Rosie, O'Hare, or Diana moving out, please PM me. I'm willing to pay in most cases.

To upgrade from the Convenience Store, can the bells spent be from the shopping catalog or do they have to be new items?

Catalog purchases count, iirc, but it only takes a day or two of buying every item stocked on those days to reach the purchase requirement. By selling the items to Re-tail right after, you don't lose too much money (and the island can easily replenish what is lost in a few minutes of beetle hunting).

Hmmm. I might have to work out something if you're willing to sell the floor there...

On another note: I found an interesting (Japanese) image of all the possible town layouts. I thought it could be fun to find which layout our/our friend's towns have, but I do NOT recommend simply posting here stating which yours is and ending there, since that's effectively spam. :/

Beware, the picture is rather large, or I would have put it here, rather than in a link.

Mine appears to be layout A1 of the lower left group. The town, itself, is well centralized with the event plaza in the center and Re-tail not far below, making both easy to check (for Redd, Gracie, Katrina, etc.) at about the same time, usually while headed up to Main Street.

Do you have the Pumpkin Pie?

I have B4 from the very first group. Don't feel like explaining it more than that, visit my dream. :p I'll update my dream in a week or so.

Oh Drago, you silly dragon, you.

tumblr_mu0cnfjkL61sewtwro1_400.jpg

4 months after I get the game and only NOW does a villager suggest the police station.
Great...too bad I don't even need it at this point.

Quick question actually! Up until now I no-lifed Animal Crossing New Leaf at any chance I could possibly get but now that Pokemon X and Y are out I have been putting all my time into those games and with school I really haven't had the time to check up on my town. I was just wondering if there was any set time that villagers tend to move out or at least try to? Like how many days do you have to go before someone tries to leave? Thanks I was just concerned about this cause there are a few of my villagers that I just adore and I would be heartbroken if they were to move out!

When you start up your game next just timetravel to the day you played last and yeah, nobody will have moved since it's the same day you played last.

Teal said:
When you start up your game next just timetravel to the day you played last and yeah, nobody will have moved since it's the same day you played last.
Oh really that works? Thanks If anyone happened to move I will try that out!

Buizel said:
Teal said:
Oh really that works? Thanks If anyone happened to move I will try that out!
lol. it doesn't work if they already moved out. It's the same if the person was moving out that day and you go back to try and stop them. The move-out date moves back the same amount as the time you moved to (since your last save).

Back