"Archetype"

Tomokazu Komiya

He's cool. Sorta.
Is an archetype deck just a really powerful deck that's overused? Or is there some other definition? And what are the main archetype decks? I don't play very much, so I would kind of like to know....

Oh, and is there a super-powerful deck out there with Feraligatr EX as the focal point? Because that is the best card I have ever seen.

I consider Archetype as a deck that is overused and every1's afraid of.

Tomo, u should turn this thread into a poll.

Archetypes are the major decks out there that win a lot of tournaments and are overused, or used to be overused. i play old-school archetypes and mini archetyps, but never major archetypes. some popular ones are hereV

BLS
Medicham varients
Queendom
Flariados
Mewtric
T2 Arcanine
T2 Hariyama
Punch'n Run
MS
Dragtrode
Lunarock
Pow! Block

and a whole buncy i can't think of right off the top of my head.

Arcanine out.

I thinks this kind of thread already exists, archetypes are decks that have at least won soem tournaments and is seen often..

You forgot Rock-Lock, Metanite, ZRE, Zap-Turn-Dos, SMP, and Ludicargo.

Archetypes are what I eat for breakfast :p
there are so many archetypes, if you go to a tournament, you'll find yourself battling an archetype 50% of the time, and as it seems, every region has his own archetype. In my region I find a lot of people playing ZRE or queendom, 1 person plays ludicargo, and 1 player rock-lock
the downside of archetypes is that you can't surprise your opponent, cause he knows what to expect.
To me, archetypes are just for people who just don't know how to make a  deck and so they copy a strategy.
well, archetype according to me: an deck used by many with a very solid strategy, a deck feared by many.

zapturndos is not an archtype anymore, it was in RS-On though...
and Pow Block is in fact an Archtype, it was used ALOT for regionals and in some GC's their used ALOT.

I have never heard of Pow Block, how come?
Archetype are decks that almost every PTCG player knows, and very many use. Here were I live, almost everyone use RoCk-LoCk, Darkheart, Dragtrode, ZRE, and Zap-Turn-Dos (attack second round)

Dark Heart example:

Pokemon 23/10

3 Dark Dragonite
3 Dark Dragonair
3 Dratini
2 Pidgeot
1 Pidgeotto
2 Pidgey
2 Dark Electrode
2 Voltorb
1 R Sneasel ex
2 Paras
2 Holon`s Magneton

Trainer 24/9

1 Rocket`s Admin
3 Copycat
1 POR
3 Celio`s Network
1 Mr. Briney`s Compassion
4 Rare Candy
1 Crystal Shard
1 Pokemon Retriever
1 ATM (Rock)
1 Swoop! Teleporter
2 Switch
3 Desert Ruins
2 R Hideout

Energy 13

2 R Energy
4 Darkness
3 Dark Metal
4 Rainbow

RE: "Archetype"

The only archetypes I know:
Dragtrode (Electrode EX and Dark Dragonite)
LBS (Lugia, Blastoise, Steelix EX)
ZRE (Zapdos, Rayquaza, Electrode EX)
Rock Lock (Dark Ampharos and Tyranitar, ATM Rock)
Metanite (DS Dragonite and Metagross)
Liability (DX Weezing, FRLG or LM Victreebell)
And all the ones people have already mentioned. So can someone please tell me what the others are? For example, what the heck is the strategy in punch 'n' run?

RE: "Archetype"

Tomokazu Komiya said:
For example, what the heck is the strategy in punch 'n' run?

Punch and Run: Use P-toed ex Grumpig's Teleportation Blast, etc. to put a fossil or a Shedinja in play. then, on ur next turn, get P-Toed or something else in play by discarding the fossil or retreating the shedinja and keep doing 40 damage until u knock out each pokémon. However, my bench attack deck owns this deck :).

Punch & Run

Pokémon = 13

3 Poliwag UF
2 Poliwhirl UF
3 P-Toed ex
2 Poliwrath UF
2 Nincada DX
2 Shedinja DX

Trainers = 30

4 Claw Fossil
4 Root Fossil
4 Mysterious Fossil
3 PETM
3 Warp Point
3 Switch
3 (Anything to draw cards)
2 Potion
2 Sitrus
2 Oran

Energies = 17

10 Water
4 Multi
3 Warp Energy

But it's kinda good against most decks!! It's like 40 to 40 damage and then protect ur Pokémon!! It's a great strategy!! Except against my bench atk deck ;).

Back