Are These Cards Real or Fake?

RE: *** Card Errors Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Errors - no misprints)

I have an umbreon card with megaton tail and it does the same thing as evoblast. Is that an error?

RE: *** Card Errors Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Errors - no misprints)

got a pic?

How do you add pics

How do you post pictures

I can't post pictures it said it doesn't work. But is a card like how I described an error?

you take pic with camra

upload to photobucket or others

then copy paste the share links provided by the image hoster

legolord101 said:
I can't post pictures it said it doesn't work. But is a card like how I described an error?

You can use a cell phone, camera, or scanner to make a digital image of the card, then host it online so we can see. Websites like the aforementioned photobucket are nice because your pictures are saved in an album, but you can also use sites like tinypic or imgur to host a picture quickly without an account. Once the image is hosted, copy/paste the URL to the thread so we can see the picture.

This is important because problems with Pokémon cards like you describe tend to fall under two categories: errors or fakes. With a photo or scan, we can determine if the card is legitimate and therefore an error, or if it's just a fake card.

Based on what you've described, I would lean towards the card being a fake rather than an error, but without a picture or scan, there's no real way to say for sure.

I got the card from a white kyurem box so I'm pretty sure it's not a fake.

Here's a pic:
BcqRMVPl.jpg

Click here to see the full-size image: http://imgur.com/BcqRMVP

Edited to fix tags/links ~Athena

Sorry, but that's definitely a fake card. Here's a scan of the real Umbreon Prime card for reference.. In addition to the major problem you noticed, the border should be holo instead of yellow, and the font is the wrong font as well.

In fact, the Black & White Kyurem Boxes shouldn't even have had a pack that could give you Umbreon Prime, since that card was released in the HGSS series (specifically the Undaunted set), while the boxes contained BW series packs.

If it's fake does that mean it is unusable and not worth anything?

legolord101 said:
If it's fake does that mean it is unusable and not worth anything?

Basically, yes; sorry to be the bearer of bad news. It's also likely that other fake cards were in the box you purchased. You could probably return it all for a refund or exchange if you explain that the cards inside were counterfeit.

Hey I have a shiny kabutops with a lot of ink problems, like the pink - black spot on the top left corner and kinda cuts off some of the letters

Also I have a shiny sharpe do that at the bottom says resistance -30 than underneath is the psychic sign
Is this an error? Also the dark energy signs are kind of faded

And finally for now
This meganium might be a fake, but it has a ton of errors.
Printed too far to left
Weird picture border
Resistance -30 not next to water sign

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 37

ChanceLure said:
Hey I have a shiny kabutops with a lot of ink problems, like the pink - black spot on the top left corner and kinda cuts off some of the letters

Also I have a shiny sharpe do that at the bottom says resistance -30 than underneath is the psychic sign
Is this an error? Also the dark energy signs are kind of faded

And finally for now
This meganium might be a fake, but it has a ton of errors.
Printed too far to left
Weird picture border
Resistance -30 not next to water sign

Sorry to say it, but all of those cards are fake. The giveaways are the gold borders/names and the font of the text.

Porygon-Z 6/106 Great Encounters Non-Holo Misprint?

Hi!

Is the Porygon-Z 6/106 from Great Encounters a misprint? I have a non-holo version of it. If it is a misprint, how much is it worth?

I've googled and checked ebay and neither seems to have the non-holo version of the card online. Thanks!

RE: Porygon-Z 6/106 Great Encounters Non-Holo Misprint?

Actually that Porygon-Z was just a part of the Great Encounter's Theme Deck > Eternal Time

Unusual pokemon card - would like information on it

Hello,

I came here to see if anyone knew what this pokemon card is (pics attached). I purchased a booster pack: base set in 1999 and found a double sided card with the pokeball design, but one side is colored and the other is in grey scale.

I have had it checked out by other collectors and comic stores to find information but had little luck. The other cards which came along with it have been verified and confirmed for authenticity, to make this more convincing that it is not a fake.

Please let me know what you think!

Attachments

• card 1.jpg
    card 1.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 79
  • card 2.jpg
    card 2.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 51
  • card3.jpg
    card3.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 65
RE: Are these Cards Real or Fake?

id say its a very rare test pattern card that somehow got into a pack

RE: Are these Cards Real or Fake?

The-Kaiser said:
id say its a very rare test pattern card that somehow got into a pack

I see. Do you know where I may able to get this confirmed? Or at least find more information on it?? Thank you for the input!

RE: Are These Cards Real or Fake?

could try PokeGym's Forum or ask on Bulbapedia :)

Destruction Rush deck misprints?

Ok so I bought both of the new X/Y theme decks last a few days ago. I bought one for myself and one for my daughter who is currently getting in to pokemon, while I’m sort of getting back in to it through her. I played the tcg years ago when it first came out but stopped during high school.

Anyways I was looking through both decks when I noticed nearly all of the cards in the Destruction rush images are not centered. What I mean is there is a small thin area of the yellow border on the left hand side of the cards and a much larger area of the yellow border on the right. Almost all the cards are like this with the exception of about 4 fighting energy and the holographic Yveltal. I bought both theme decks at the same time at a Wal-Mart and the code card that came with the destruction rush deck worked fine in the online trading card game so I know that there not fakes. I've tried looking around a bit online and can’t seem to find another case like this and was wandering if anyone else may have some information on this. Anyways thanks for your help.

My deck is the same way. TPCi has so many off center cards, it is only news when there is no yellow border on one side.

That sort of problem is generally referred to "miscutting" or "miscut cards" and is pretty common, especially with newer sets.

Back