Avatars and art. Closed. Use new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: New pieces. Avatars and art. All Eeveelutions Up.

Oh yes Xous I'm not good at all these image stuff but they are two questions anyway.

1. Why do you save as GIF?

2. Won't PNG be good, so you can give them a transparent background?

Umbreon is awesome. So is Espeon. GREAT work. Shiny Espeon looks a little weird, but fine nonetheless. NO ONE BETTER TAKE MY ESPEON.

Shiny Espeon > Shiny Milotic

Plz and Thank You!

W0W... the avvys are rocking the house! And just in time for the holidays! :p

Soul Seeker said:
I'd like to do a Banner with Eevee, Umbreon and Espeon, can I do that?

Sure. :3

And to Elite Stride: Okay, and thanks.

And to Heatran98: Yeah, that's fine. Remember though: for the avatars, you just need to post saying that you're using it, not ask if you can use it. :)

And to Dark Marc: I've been a little busy this week doing portraits for gifts, and haven't had time for Pokémon art. I'll get around to it soon.

And to Hebi: You're right - the version of the Espeon art I was going off of (his latest one) had the back paws facing the side, so they looked pointed, when in fact they're more like Vaporeon's paws. xD

And to Noobnerd: I always save them as .png, so I can have the transparent background, but the 20k avatar size limit makes some of them too large, and the only way to get it under that limit is to save it as a .gif. (However, if you check some of them, they're still .png, since for some reason they come in under the size limit. xD )

And to The Spread King: Sure, that's fine. :)

And to Shiny Mew 89: No problem. :3

I will be using the Flareon avatar if thats ok.

Here is the end of my crit. :)

Leafeon: Well my only problem with this is the tail leaf. It just looks un-natural and odd. If I were you I would make more then just 2 branches off a center branch within the leaf...I have no clue what there called. :p

Jolteon: Well once again there is that mane thing like with flareon where it just JUTS right on out. This one I can be more understanding but I think it is a little to far out, just a little. Then I think all 4 legs are just a tad to chubby. Jolteon is supposed to have skinny legs so it can sprint real fast being IIRC the fastest eeveelution with espeon close behind.

Glaceon: Hmmm...Well my problem with this one is it's hunch legs. I think it is to fat...it needs to be shrunk a little, and needs to be closer to that blue clump on it's back. That is all for Glaceon...

Vaporeon: Oh man. This one has only one major problem...it is a little to "Dog" like. Just to dog like...it's body looks very odd shape wise, unlike a vaporeon should look like.

Eevee: Looks to chubby...:p

Espeon: To much feline...it is not ENTIRELY feline, but it has some dog characteristics you over looked that should be added.

Umbreon: No crit. :)

EDIT: Hey Xous if you need help creating shiny versions I have PS CS3 I can help you to color with.

Is it okay if I recolor the Jolteon one to be sky blue and use it? I'll still keep the watermark, as I'm just changing the hue/saturation.

Great artwork too.

Xous said:
And to Dark Marc: I've been a little busy this week doing portraits for gifts, and haven't had time for Pokémon art. I'll get around to it soon.
Okey dokey, fine by me

Can I use the Haunter avatar if it's ok? And great artwork!

Xous said:
And to Noobnerd: I always save them as .png, so I can have the transparent background, but the 20k avatar size limit makes some of them too large, and the only way to get it under that limit is to save it as a .gif. (However, if you check some of them, they're still .png, since for some reason they come in under the size limit. xD )
If you host the image somewhere else, the 20kb limit doesn't apply.

EDIT: That's why I have a 31kb avatar. So basically all your images can be PNG.

Thank you ^_^

Here Xous, I just want to show you what I've done with your Eeveelution Artworks ^_^

http://img386.imageshack.us/my.php?image=umbreoneeveeespeonbannesq5.png

-Someone can use it if he give a credit...

Echosong said:
I will be using the Flareon avatar if thats ok.

Yup. :3

And to Charizard88: I agree with you on Jolteon, but I'm not with you on some of the other ones. xD But thanks for the critique - I'll remember those points when I'm drawing more Pokémon like these. :)

As for the shiny-versions help, I've got it covered; thanks, though. :3

And to Mechanos7: Sure, I guess that'll be fine, since the watermark will be kept.

And to pokedude101: Yeah, you can use it - just remember that you don't need to ask permission to use the avatars, just the full body art. If you'd like to use an avatar, just make a post saying which one you're using. :3

And to Noobnerd: These forums don't allow me to use avatars of 20k or over - my image hosting site (Photobucket) will let me upload images of any size. >_>; Or are you allowed to upload avatars of over 20k here as long as it's not being hosted on Photobucket? (If so, that's oddly specific.) xD

And to Soul Seeker: Very nice! I like it. :3

I host my images on photobucket. Then I paste the avatar URL in the field. I tried this with a test account and everything worked perfectly. I used two browsers, IE and Firefox. If you upload directly from the computer, it's a 20kb limit. There is no limit at all if you host it somewhere else.

Noobnerd said:
I host my images on photobucket. Then I paste the avatar URL in the field. I tried this with a test account and everything worked perfectly. I used two browsers, IE and Firefox. If you upload directly from the computer, it's a 20kb limit. There is no limit at all if you host it somewhere else.

xD That's what I've had people do (and what I do myself), but they come back saying it won't work, and I always assume it's because of the image size. I'm not sure now what it is that causes it to mess up.

Señor Smoothie Buns said:
CAn I use that christmas one to bad I am!

:/ Next time, just be sure to post that you're using it. I take the time to say that in the first post for a reason; I don't want people just using them without my knowledge.

If you don't mind could I use the flygon avatar please? It's awesome, good work!

Hi can u do me a favor???ß
Can u make me an avatar with a Magnezone??
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back