Avatars and art. Closed. Use new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Avatars and art. Read the rules. Groudon v.2 and Venusaur added.

a houndoom with a purple backround please

PMJ said:
They're pretty much the same thing. :3

I'd like to suggest Gardevoir again (and more UH stuff) :>

No, suggestions don't have a time frame they need to be done in, and people can't (or shouldn't) bug me about them. ;D

And to Kingdra King: No problem.

And to Ashisgames: >_>; I'm not even sure when I'll be getting around to Houndoom (soon, hopefully), and I'm not sure what color background I'm going to give it. Time will tell, I guess.

I'm gonna be using the Cresselia avatar as soon as I get my Dragonite banner done.
Plus, I'll use the avatar in the following forum, which is exclusive to my country:
http://poke-life.com/index.php?action=forum

Thank you very much.

Adrialberto said:
I'm gonna be using the Cresselia avatar as soon as I get my Dragonite banner done.
Plus, I'll use the avatar in the following forum, which is exclusive to my country:
http://poke-life.com/index.php?action=forum

Thank you very much.

Okay, and no problem.
---

Added Chansey, Golbat, and Magby to the first post. I should have more done tomorrow, as well.

RE: Avatars and art. Read the rules. Chansey, Golbat, and Magby added.

Magby is pimpin'. That's all I have to say.

dmaster out.

Golbat has really good body work. Great job on him! Magby, on the other hand... XD

I love all 3. I don't know which one I want for my avy. Can't wait for the next one!

Golbat is epic. Good job!

dmaster said:
Magby is pimpin'. That's all I have to say.

dmaster out.

xD Thanks?

And to Gliscor, cool kid master555, and Soul Seeker: Thank you.

And to Forever Loading: Okay.
---

Added Muk and Drowzee to the first post.

RE: Avatars and art. Read the rules. Chansey, Golbat, Magby, Muk, Drowzee added.

Both Muk and Drowzee have great body work. Good job on both!

RE: Avatars and art. Read the rules. Chansey, Golbat, Magby, Muk, Drowzee added.

Yeah. Good body work of those two. But, Golbat's the weird one with it's pose...

I'm using the Kyogre Avatar, thanx!

Gliscor said:
Both Muk and Drowzee have great body work. Good job on both!

Thanks.

And to Sweet Dawn Berlitz: Thank you. For Golbat, I wasn't sure what other pose to give it. I'm not a fan of the "wings down in mid-flap" pose like Platinum's sprite has, but I didn't want to do a head-on wings up pose like most other Golbat art. So I went with a semi-side view. *Shrugs*

And to adam44: No problem.

Xous, if I hadn't seen this art on Pokebeach first and on some search engine instead, I would have thought it was Ken Sugimori's. Really, how do you make three or four avatars in one day, and make them look absolutely amazing?

Muk must have been pretty hard, seeing as it has a rather free-flowing shape that looked like it was pretty difficult to imitate, but you nailed it. Again, and for probably the tenth time, great job.

ok thanks and i have to admit , the groudon is my favorite art piece of yours and i dont even like groudon...lol

;; Your ability to draw Sugi Mons makes me weep in envy.

Out of curiosity, how do you start with each piece? Do you sketch/ink/scan, or do you automatically start in your program of choice? Do you do things at an astronomical size and then vastly shrink it down, or do you start off mainly at the size where you end up at? Do you do other artwork besides this? And, my most curious question of all...have you ever tried to imitate Sugi style for humans?

/endinterrogation

But no. I know how deceptively hard it is to try and copy Sugimori's style. Kudos to you for doing so many in such a short amount of time, and for letting people use these avatars. I would request an arttrade, but a) I'll safely assume you got too many things on your plate to bother/it's sorta a request where you get stuff in return so that goes against your rules, b) I got too much stuff on my plate definitely right now and c) it may be something out of your Sugi abilities (people, I dunno until you comment back) soooo...yeah. :X

...I really gotta stop this wall nonsense. XP

Your Photobucket must be hurting something awful with all that bandwidth usage though ;D

Mr. Random said:
Xous, if I hadn't seen this art on Pokebeach first and on some search engine instead, I would have thought it was Ken Sugimori's. Really, how do you make three or four avatars in one day, and make them look absolutely amazing?

Muk must have been pretty hard, seeing as it has a rather free-flowing shape that looked like it was pretty difficult to imitate, but you nailed it. Again, and for probably the tenth time, great job.

Thanks. xP

And to to Zac: Thank you.

And to Crystal Hikara: xP Thanks.

Well, here's a guide I wrote a while ago about how I do it. Basically, yeah, I start at a huge size, color it in, and then resize it to whatever size I need. I do draw other things besides this, too. :3 I make things like Guilty Gear artwork, Doom artwork, and more. Those can all be seen on my Deviantart account. I also do physical art (paintings, sketches, etc.), and I'm strongest in watercolors and colored pencils at the moment. I want to try oil paints, but I've never been able to.

And yeah, I can do the Sugimori human style just as well as the Pokémon style. :3 Though, I don't get to use it as much as the Pokémon style. Here's an example:

Nekoban Ryo's character.

xD Photobucket has been a real pain to me over the years. When I first started making all these avatars (back when Photobucket had all normal accounts with 50GB of bandwidth), I could easily fit them all onto one account. After I started making more (and after I learned my massive movie .gif sigs killed my bandwidth), I moved to a second account (still when it was 50GB bandwidth), just to make sure I could hold an equal amount of avatars on each account and keep the bandwidth from going over. It worked like a charm, and I had no problem staying under 50GB. Then, Photobucket pulled the braindead card and reduced the bandwidth of all normal accounts to 10GB, so now I have to go between three accounts for all the avatars... I wish they would have kept it at 50GB, and I'd be fine.
---

Added Deoxys-A to the first post.

RE: Avatars and art. Read the rules. Deoxys Attack Forme added.

Just like most of your other work, Deoxys Attack Forme is good.

RE: Avatars and art. Read the rules. Deoxys Attack Forme added.

Yeah. Gliscor is right. Deoxys-A is pretty darn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back