Bad TCG judgings happen to you? Discuss them here!

Wiseman.

Gengar will banish you to the Lost Zone.
I was at NATS this weekend (like most of you) and i had the most bizarre penalty you could ever have put upon you!

I was shuffling my deck and i dropped a card by accident as i am a very clumsy person. The kid across from me tells me not to pick it up and he raises his hand. The judge comes over, and says, "What's the problem," I say, "I was shuffling my deck and i dropped a card" The kid across from me says, "I don't know where it came from!" (from my deck, duh) and the judge says, "well seeing that this is NATS, i am going to give him a prize penalty and don't let it happen again."

i was shocked. A prize for dropping a card! Do you think pokemon needs to rethink the rules? Do you think he should have gotten a prize penalty? Discuss.

RE: Bad rule?

Huh. What round was this and in what division? I was sitting beside a match where that happened in round one of the seniors division, though I was too focused on my match to notice anything other than one person dropping their cards...

maybe they THOUGHT you were getting a super cool card out of your shoe or something to cheat....???

Can you imagin trying to cheat by hiding cards in your sleeves and pockets and trying not to bend them? You would be walking around like a robot:D

Nowadays, people sue for anything...and sorry that happened to you. Did you win?

omg ftw !! what has this game come to where from a clumsy mistake cost a player a prize from a greedy opp.,first there has been problems where you couldave dropped a card not notice it till later and you could get a game loss but if youve dropped a card raise your hand and ask a judge to see you pick it up and keep the game goin...

also the reasonable play woudve been is to tell the judge to ask people around the table if they saw anything and then if that doesnt work tell the judge to count all your cards in pla and discard and deck and if there a card missing then they know it was droped and not layed out at random.Also did you talk to a judge after words to discuss this out ??

Please, don't even get me started on the judgeing at nats. By far the worse judging i have ever seen. That ruling is bad but I've seen far worse. Heck, the jr. nats champion had marked sleeves and the head judge ignored a request to look at them.

People just want to win, dont want to win fairly. That really sucks. BTW did you won?

People are consiceded on one thing. Winning. They don't see what the game was made for (fun), and only see winning. They then gloat if they win, or cry when they lose, not even respecting the actaul reason the game was made.

Someone did this @ my nats, & they didn't get that happened to them.
They only got a warning not to do it again.

Hah.
I got a major play warning for not shuffling my deck between a bebe and an immediate keen eye..
"Bebe's search"
*searches for furret*
I dropped the furret on my sentret and went "then I'll just keen eye, your turn"
The kid goes STOP
his hand shoots up and he kept trying to get a judge...
I was like wtf?
"whats wrong"
"seriously whatd I do?"
"dude WHAT DID I DO?"
a judge comes over and wont even listen to me.
Sad really.

I know, it's SO annoying--only to win...blah. I'm clumsy too, at league, I drop my cards on the floor like every second. I think it's a bad ruling--the judges don't really want cheating, (even if you didn't)so you can't blame them for doing their job. They just need to take precautions.

wow. that is the saddest thing i have heard since i heard that Urkel's real name was Jaleel White. Seriously, people will call you on anything. one thing is i always ask before i do something like bebe then keen eye, just in case some redicoulous kid decides to call me on it but seriously. What has pokemon come too?!

Stigma said:
Hah.
I got a major play warning for not shuffling my deck between a bebe and an immediate keen eye..
"Bebe's search"
*searches for furret*
I dropped the furret on my sentret and went "then I'll just keen eye, your turn"
The kid goes STOP
I was like huh??
"whats wrong"
"seriously whatd I do?"
"dude WHAT DID I DO?"
Sad really.

Wow. This is even worse, by far. At least in the 3 cautions that occured in the games I played (2 against me, 1 against an opponent) the judges respected what each player had to say. Still, some of the warnings that were handed out at Nats this year were very poor decisions by the judges. >.>

Stigma said:
Hah.
"Bebe's search"
*searches for furret*
The kid goes STOP
I was like huh??
"whats wrong"
"seriously whatd I do?"
"dude WHAT DID I DO?"
Sad really.

oh thats petty bickering. what happened?

The rules are just getting stupid. Some people just want the win so they'll memerize the rule book to do it. The games ment to be fun not just for winning!!

When I red the first post I got really shocked.. Realy!

The fact that hits me is why the judge didn't chek throug your deck like someone said before me, checking your deck, setup and discard pile.

And the kid that got a free Prize irritates me a lot. Everyone of them.
I just have one thing to say to kids like him: STAY AWAY FROM POKÉMON TCG!

Daroach said:
People are consiceded on one thing. Winning. They don't see what the game was made for (fun), and only see winning. They then gloat if they win, or cry when they lose, not even respecting the actaul reason the game was made.
Just wanted to quote this because it's the greatest post you will ever find on a Pokémon forum ^_^
Why can't everyone think like this one?!

Considering the money, wii, trophey etc. I could picture someone trying to do that kind of thing. If it was a Battle Roads the kid would probably not cheat. But the judge at Battle Roads probably wouldn't even give you a
Caution anyway. You should of asked another judge. The rules are stupid. Someone fix them.

Wait did your opponent lie? HE deserves a game loss!!

Back