Beach Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Beach Magazine - we need YOU to supply our content!

He should be able to do T games

I might be able to do Summary of Pokemon News if it's not full (it's still red)
OK

May I suggest a monthly deck. By this I do not mean a person who does reviews, but a group of people who each month makes a Deck and works on it. The guide lines would be something like this:

1: It may not be a current meta game deck.
2: It most be at least playable in the current meta game.

Then all of the Magazine's rules.

I think it should work as every 3 to 4 months a new set is released making room for more rouge decks. If you think it is okay I would like to be part of this group.

EDIT: You could also give the decks rateings fomat

Deck name:
Deck type:

1: Speed: /10
2: Power: /10
3: Consitancy: /10
4: Disruption\Donkablty\spread [depends on type of deck]: /10
5: Rarety of the cards[how hard are the cards to get?]: /10 [the lower the rateing the harder to get the cards.]
6: Adaptablty[do you auto win some deck but aout lose to the rest? is there a back up plan.]: /10
7: Creativty[can it be changed based on prefrence? Or do you have to be a robot to play it?]: /10
8: Over all meta game Mach up: /10
Total Deck: /80
Averged Total: [number divded by 8][rounded up]\10

Then the team would wright a mini artcle describeing the Stratagy and the cards.

Example:
I will use a meta game deck for the example rather than

[insert mini arctcle here]

Deck name: Kingdra Prime
Deck type: Donk

1: Speed: 9/10: This deck needs only one energy to get a pokemon out makeing it very fast with BTS and Rare Candy
2: Power: 7/10: Kingdra only does 60 damage. In order to do more you have to put on an Expert Belt and risk your oppnet takeing 2 prizes. Luckly you can use Spray Splash to deal more damage per turn.
3: Consitancy: 8/10: After your Kingdra gets knocked out you can easily get an other one by useing BTS or rare Candy and useing some search cards.
4: Donkablty: 10/10: The Epic speed of this deck can let it do 60 damage T1 very easly. It is the Ideal Donk deck.
5: Rarety of the cards: 6/10: It will be a little hard to get a donk search engine, consitng of Bebe's, Communcation, BTS, Rare Candys, and other staple cards.
6: Adaptablty: 7/10: You can run some of the LA Kingdra ti avoid getting OHKO'd by Luxray. You can also put many other techs in this deck.
7: Creativty: 8/10: You can tech in almost anything in this deck because of the low enegy cost. Some techs include, Machamp, Relichanth, Donphan, Luxray GL Lv.X and Floatzel GL lv.X.
8: Over all meta game Mach up: 7/10 It falls just sort of the Ideal 8/10 because of it's crippling {L} weakness. {L} is a common type due to Luxray GL being teched in almost every deck. The new craze of ERL [Entie Raiku Legend] doesn't help either.
Total Deck: 62/80
Avreged Total: 8/10

WailmerMan said:
I'd be the redshark person. One problem I see with this is if someone gets a bad hand, it would not be interesting to read. I'm assuming we would play best 2/3?

BTW, i've gotten people who want to play against me, but no one wants to start writing articles if they win

I will be working collab with Pride to do VG Articles. We'll be using this slot to go over topics that we consider the most important for competitive VG at the moment, with the obvious first example being the dragon types and how the most powerful ones going to Uber will affect things. If this wasn't the sort of thing you had in mind for a VG writer then add a section for us, since this is going in whether you like it or not ^_^

A word of warning: as most of you know from Canalave Archives I am not known for short articles, so I fully expect our finished product will likely top the average entry length into this thing by 2, possibly even 3 times. Especially with both me AND Pride working on this, we're likely to really go for it here and go as far into the topic as we can.

We'd also like to at least be considered for the battle of the month slot seeing as how we already run battle of the week, but we'll understand if you want to leave that to someone else :p. It would be nice to tie the two things together though, since it seems like it would be a very good match.

Confirming with Calum. I will also lend my opinion to any other vg competitive article.

jirachinick said:
Come on Gale, their is always a game that's good that comes out each month, I know plenty...

It's Summer. Very few good games are coming out between now and August that aren't T/M-Rated. The 4th quarter of the year always has the best games, especially in September and October. Like I said, I can work with T. Can't work that well with E.

Once again, I want to review games people will buy. Look at that link I posted and you'll understand my concern as far as Wii/DS games go.

i would like to apply for the "How to draw (insert Pokémon here") space, am i in?

I'm pretty sure I have the time to do Miscellaneous Movie Review (It's vacant, yes?). I'm guessing I can do PG-13 movies, right? PG movies and under may be a little hard for me to do :p

I definatly think PG-13 Movies and T-Rated games should be aloud. Assuming that your not supposed to signup for Forums till your 13 years old...This obviously proves that the younger crowd on beach can handle what is being said. While we try to keep G/E ratings for the site writing about PG-13/T ratings is not going to kill anyone. At most it would have violence but obviously not like sex or inappropriate material. That's a given to tell you the truth.

gamercal said:
I will be working collab with Pride to do VG Articles. We'll be using this slot to go over topics that we consider the most important for competitive VG at the moment, with the obvious first example being the dragon types and how the most powerful ones going to Uber will affect things. If this wasn't the sort of thing you had in mind for a VG writer then add a section for us, since this is going in whether you like it or not ^_^

A word of warning: as most of you know from Canalave Archives I am not known for short articles, so I fully expect our finished product will likely top the average entry length into this thing by 2, possibly even 3 times. Especially with both me AND Pride working on this, we're likely to really go for it here and go as far into the topic as we can.

We'd also like to at least be considered for the battle of the month slot seeing as how we already run battle of the week, but we'll understand if you want to leave that to someone else :p. It would be nice to tie the two things together though, since it seems like it would be a very good match.

I want in.

Gale said:
It's Summer. Very few good games are coming out between now and August that aren't T/M-Rated. The 4th quarter of the year always has the best games, especially in September and October. Like I said, I can work with T. Can't work that well with E.

Once again, I want to review games people will buy. Look at that link I posted and you'll understand my concern as far as Wii/DS games go.
Well hey, there's always Metroid: Other M for you at August's end (which is T anyway, actually). But as much as I hate to agree with you on this, you're right, it's usually not until Septemberish that the delicious games come out to play on Nintendo consoles.

Of course it's only because of the lack of good third-parties, though ;D

Yeah I think we need T games to be allowed. And maybe for now don't limit it to games that came out/are coming out within a month, there are plenty good older games to review, even E-games. However I agree with Claus that if T is allowed(and it definitely should be) and we're doing upcoming/recent games then Metroid: Other M would be good since I'm buying it it's a recognised series with a decent number of fans on pokebeach.

Anyway several questions:

When should I start working on the news page?

When is this issue due?

Can you talk to WPM about getting this magazine on the front page?

Should it look like a real magazine with pictures and collumn writing?

I may be interested in doing the redshard battle thing, if its not already taken.

I can help with:

Summary of Pokémon news from the month - Blue Thunder and Meaty (Still in red, no?)

Pokémon of the Month - TheDarkLucario (I know you said this is occupied, but I think this can be greatly added upon)

@Aggiegwyn, I'll put you up for one of the judges then.

@Gale, you can do E and T rated games from any time in the Wii era on the Wii.

@TDL, Shining Raikou is now one of my Sub Editors.

@The Flaming Ho-oh, OK.

@WM, the RS games will be best of three.

@Cyndaquil Master, it will be in 3 days.

@Cool kid, :/ OK I'll put you up.

@Sin Raven, I'm doing all the formatting so no need for pictures. All articles apart from PotM, CotM and Hints, tips and tricks to be at least one side of A4 size 12 Times New Roman font (I expect the news to be longer).

@Nabby, already taken.

@Jirachinik, write about the latest episodes in America from the past month. A deadline is yet to be set.

@Gliscor, follow the article guidelines. You have permission to use pictures though.

@Charizard88, what do you mean for the programming?

@Flying Swmpert, it's full.

@Common Candy, possibly we'll go with it.

@Cal and Pride, sounds great :] I won't put you for SBotM yet though.

@Gardegon, read my PM.

@TSL, you can do any movie up till and including Inception's rating.

@Limitless and The Assasin, maybe you can work something out with Cal and Pride.

@Juliacoolo. both positions are taken.

Does anyone know if KG is availible to do SBotM?

New. Its best if it is.

I guess I'll take the movie review.

I can also do the shoddy thing if no one else wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back