Best Donphan variant?

What's the best option?

• Donchamp(Donphan/Machamp)

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Yanphan(Donphan/Yanmega)

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Stage 1 Rush(Donphan/Zoroark/Cincinno)

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Other(explain in post)

Votes: 15 31.9%

• Total voters

The Yoshi

Wumbo
Hey everyone,

I wanted to know what you guys thought was the best variant of Donphan. I was thinking of pairing it with Machamp, Yanmega, or a bunch of Stage 1's. What do you guys think?

Oh yeah, I forgot about DD. Thanks for that, I'll probably build DD since I don't have enough Yanmega anyway. :p

Yeah, DD has 50-60% win rate vs Yanmega/Magnezone (you beat that deck as long as Judge doesn't give you a crap hand)

and probably a 60-70% over Kingdra/Yanmega/Jirachi (Reshiram shuts Kingdra up, Kingdra and Yanmega has that Electric weakness, Jirachi is a liability because it can't devolve anything other than Donphans.)

It does have a little bit of a tough time with Reshiram Variants if you don't pull the Reversals early and let him swarm Reshirams.

Just recently been reading about this DD variation, what's the idea of it and how many reshirams/zekroms it runs? might replace my ZPSmega with it since i don't like luck based decks... also the energy amount would be nice to hear. Not asking for decklist or anything since i most likely build my own variant anyway. just would like to know those things. I have like 7 Reshirams (4 in TyRam) and 5 Zekroms (4 in ZPS currently but gonna make it DD)

It's an anti-meta deck wherein you just spam Donphan's earthquake and boost Zekrom's Outrage.

Basic cards would be 3 Zekroms, 2 Reshirams and 4-4 Donphan Prime

For energy, mine has around 4 DCE and 8-9 FIghting

Riskbreakers said:
It's an anti-meta deck wherein you just spam Donphan's earthquake and boost Zekrom's Outrage.

Basic cards would be 3 Zekroms, 2 Reshirams and 4-4 Donphan Prime

For energy, mine has around 4 DCE and 8-9 FIghting
Okay thanks :D I can most likely get that one required reshiram in trade since i seem to have extra zekroms.

Played DD in a league tourney awhile ago. We play best of three swiss rounds.

Went 2-0 against a MegaJudge, KYJ and Magneboar.

I thought standard for DD was 2 each of Reshiram and Zekrom?

But yeah, 3-4 DCE and 8-10 Fighting would be good.

Well you can bump it up to three if there are really too much Yanmegas and Kingdras that you want to kill off.

4 DCE is pretty much standard since you want to use Buffa and Reshi/Zek to attack quickly.

Donphan with Dragons is definitely the strongest variant. I preformed fairly well with it at Nats, and every game I lost was down to like the last prize. My list ran 2 Zekrom and 2 Reshiram, and it seems as if the average energy lines are 6 Fighting and 3 DCE. Also stupid DD and it not being rogue anymore, now people will be expecting to see it at the Worlds grinder. I'm pretty upset because I thought I was the only one who had thought of the combo, but then there were like 20 other people with it at Nats. Any other tip of advice I can give you is if you have a set of Victory Medals, play them.

Can you PM me a skeleton list with victory medals? I'm interested on what that looks like.

BTW, what's the Matchup of DD vs Stage 1 toolbox?

Also Vulpix to be specific, there were 10 of them that made it top Top 128 and one reached as far as Top 32 and another one went to top 8 but had Yanmega..

I'd call it 50/50. I lost to one because they did 100 damage to my Donphan with a noctowl. I think it really depends on who is able to set up a Heavy Impact Donphan first.

I think the two worst matchups this deck does get is against Reshiram and Mew/Muk/Plume/Pluff. In theory those Muks can wreak havoc on your Donphans will locking your trainers out.

Idk if this will change your opinions, but DD has about a 30/70 matchup against KYJ, not a 70/30. For one, Kingdra is NOT an attacker. If you can get a zekrom with enough damage to OHKO a Yanmega, then the knock out will be easily returned anyways. Zekrom is the only effective attacker against it, and you have to EQ four times for it to be effective. I'm not sure why you think it is a good matchup. I'll show anyone at worlds who doesn't believe me.

76-ruins-of-alph.gif

I'd call the match up 50/50 honestly, it is definitely winnable for the Donphan player, since Yanmega doesn't do any sufficient damage to Donphan.

Yes. It is Donphan with Double Colorless Energy, so you are able to play things like Zoroark, Zekrom and Reshiram.

DCE? I don't play any DCE. I just play Zekrom with 2-2 Donphan and 4 Rainbow. That's my Donphan/Zekrom, anyway. I'll try the build with DCE and see what works best.

Back