Best Place Online to Buy?

I just got some XY Promos in from Troll&Toad this morning, and while the cards were in great nick (Besides XY01 - XY03, the cards had a bit of a bend in them, but nothing some time in a top loader won't fix), I was shocked that they put them all in one envelope, with no sleeves or anything. The only reason I bought from them was because I couldn't find those Fennekin, Froakie and Chespin promos anywhere else. I won't be in a rush to get them from there again.

One place I've had good experiences with, even though I've heard they have a bad reputation when it comes to stealing images, is CardTeam. I've bought promo boxes and singles from them and they've been perfect. Bubble-wrapped envelopes, cards in sleeves in toploaders. They take precautions which I like.

I'm thinking of getting a Furious Fists box for my birthday, and I live in Ireland, so retailers that sell boxes aren't readily available. Does anyone have any advice, or will I just stick with CardTeam?

WhySoCarefree said:
I just got some XY Promos in from Troll&Toad this morning, and while the cards were in great nick (Besides XY01 - XY03, the cards had a bit of a bend in them, but nothing some time in a top loader won't fix), I was shocked that they put them all in one envelope, with no sleeves or anything. The only reason I bought from them was because I couldn't find those Fennekin, Froakie and Chespin promos anywhere else. I won't be in a rush to get them from there again.

One place I've had good experiences with, even though I've heard they have a bad reputation when it comes to stealing images, is CardTeam. I've bought promo boxes and singles from them and they've been perfect. Bubble-wrapped envelopes, cards in sleeves in toploaders. They take precautions which I like.

I'm thinking of getting a Furious Fists box for my birthday, and I live in Ireland, so retailers that sell boxes aren't readily available. Does anyone have any advice, or will I just stick with CardTeam?

Hill's wholesale gaming has pretty good prices, might want to check them out.

Patriots Fan said:
WhySoCarefree said:

Looked into them, prices are great, shipping is an absolute killer.

WhySoCarefree said:
Patriots Fan said:

Looked into them, prices are great, shipping is an absolute killer.

Try Dave and Adam's Card world - the shipping is about the same, but it's insanely faster (UPS ~2-5 days instead of the cheapest USPS ~1-4 weeks). The box is a wee bit more expensive though. If you're going to go with Hill's, use USPS First Class International shipping. It's the cheapest, but also the slowest.

I order from both - everywhere else, the international shipping is just too steep

WhySoCarefree said:

I can recommend http://www.jjsfunstuff.com/ .
The best prices I've seen so far and great shipping. I've bought several boxes from them before so they are reliable. (btw his eBay account was blindguardian, if you want to check out his "reputation")

DaftNine said:
Does anybody know any good places
To buy booster packs online? not really interested in singles

Go to ebay. Generally the lowest prices are 3 dollars a piece but sometimes people list them for 2.75 a pack or less.

Or if you're REALLY smart don't buy them at all because booster packs are rip offs and you're better off buying the cards you want from the expansion individually rather than just trying your luck at pulling them.

BUT if you love the thrill of opening packs , just buy a booster box for 90 dollars. That's 2.50 a pack, plus you're guaranteed exs/fullarts/secret rares.

BaseAuthority said:
DaftNine said:
Does anybody know any good places
To buy booster packs online? not really interested in singles

Go to ebay. Generally the lowest prices are 3 dollars a piece but sometimes people list them for 2.75 a pack or less.

Or if you're REALLY smart don't buy them at all because booster packs are rip offs and you're better off buying the cards you want from the expansion individually rather than just trying your luck at pulling them.

BUT if you love the thrill of opening packs , just buy a booster box for 90 dollars. That's 2.50 a pack, plus you're guaranteed exs/fullarts/secret rares.

I wouldn't buy booster packs from eBay, since the risk of the packs being weighed, I think, is pretty high.
Try collector's cache, they have pretty good prices on their packs :)

adam44 said:
The best prices I've seen so far and great shipping. I've bought several boxes from them before so they are reliable. (btw his eBay account was blindguardian, if you want to check out his "reputation")

I'll only be ordering from jjsfunstuff from now on. I ordered the Furious Fist Elite Trainer Box
on Saturday for 30 dollars (plus 3 dollars shipping, I live in the US). Obviously Furious Fist JUST came out today in the US, and what do I come to find when I get home on the FIRST day of Furious Fist? The Elite Trainer Box. So you figure I saved 7 dollars (the box costs 40 at any store like Walmart or Target) on a box that got here the first day it possibly could. 10/10 would buy again. Btw, I pulled a Dragonite EX and Lucario EX FA, I know this has nothing to do with the seller, but I was very happy with the box.

I highly recommend jjsfunstuff.com, ordered my Furious Fists booster box over the weekend and paid like 3 dollars shipping and it arrived on Wednesday. I checked shipping and even for 2 booster boxes it is only 5 dollars. That's pretty sweet. I'm definitely going to keep pre-ordering from them.

DevinTheWelf said:
adam44 said:

I'll only be ordering from jjsfunstuff from now on. I ordered the Furious Fist Elite Trainer Box
on Saturday for 30 dollars (plus 3 dollars shipping, I live in the US). Obviously Furious Fist JUST came out today in the US, and what do I come to find when I get home on the FIRST day of Furious Fist? The Elite Trainer Box. So you figure I saved 7 dollars (the box costs 40 at any store like Walmart or Target) on a box that got here the first day it possibly could. 10/10 would buy again. Btw, I pulled a Dragonite EX and Lucario EX FA, I know this has nothing to do with the seller, but I was very happy with the box.

akida said:
I highly recommend jjsfunstuff.com, ordered my Furious Fists booster box over the weekend and paid like 3 dollars shipping and it arrived on Wednesday. I checked shipping and even for 2 booster boxes it is only 5 dollars. That's pretty sweet. I'm definitely going to keep pre-ordering from them.

Yeah it's really sweet, I got my booster box yesterday (the day it released) which is very impressive since I live in Sweden :D

Best websites to buy Pokemon booster boxes?

Where can I buy booster boxes online that ship to Australia?? My country is too bloody expensive when it comes to booster boxes. Trollandtoad have them for $99 but they don't ship to Australia. I need other sites that are cheap and reliable.

Thanks!

RE: Best websites to buy Pokemon booster boxes?

montdog95 said:
Where can I buy booster boxes online that ship to Australia?? My country is too bloody expensive when it comes to booster boxes. Trollandtoad have them for $99 but they don't ship to Australia. I need other sites that are cheap and reliable.

Thanks!

Looks like http://www.jjsfunstuff.com/ ships international.
Scroll down and read the information on international shipping. http://www.jjsfunstuff.com/about-usshipping-info.html

You could always email and specifically ask what their rates are based on your location but, they don't make profits off of the shipping costs so you can expect it to be reasonable.

montdog95 said:

Thanks!

Yeah http://www.jjsfunstuff.com/ ship internationally, but you'll have to send them an email to get the right shipping cost added.
it's about 110$ for a booster box

Has anyone heard of Gaming Broker?

Hi,

As the title asks, has anyone heard of Gaming Broker? They sell via Amazon.com and appear to be by far cheaper than others. Too good to be true or genuine, official stock?

Can you let me know your experiences please.

NobleSX said:
Hi,

As the title asks, has anyone heard of Gaming Broker? They sell via Amazon.com and appear to be by far cheaper than others. Too good to be true or genuine, official stock?

Can you let me know your experiences please.

I've read a lot about them and I find them to be very tricky, they seem to weigh their stuff but don't know about singles.
They are the same as Gathering Ground, they change for some reason, I sent them an email on their site but they didn't answer.

I would stay away, but it's your choice :)

Hi guys,
I just wanna share this with you:

Few days ago I bought few cards for my recently started Pikachu collection at Stop2Shop.
I ordered and paid for my cards at 8th November. I didn't get any confirmation from their shop or anything like that. I just get PayPal payment confirmation.

My order on their site has a PENDING SHIPMENT status and I was getting kinda upset. I decided to wait to Monday and then write to them to know what's happening. And today, just a minute ago, I received e-mail from PayPal informing me that they gave me full refund without any comments or reason.

So yeah, after six days they just send me full refund without any explanation. I think it's really unprofessional for them to act like that.

jakopo said:
Hi guys,
I just wanna share this with you:

Few days ago I bought few cards for my recently started Pikachu collection at Stop2Shop.
I ordered and paid for my cards at 8th November. I didn't get any confirmation from their shop or anything like that. I just get PayPal payment confirmation.

My order on their site has a PENDING SHIPMENT status and I was getting kinda upset. I decided to wait to Monday and then write to them to know what's happening. And today, just a minute ago, I received e-mail from PayPal informing me that they gave me full refund without any comments or reason.

So yeah, after six days they just send me full refund without any explanation. I think it's really unprofessional for them to act like that.

Yeah they don't seem so active, I'm suprised they're still "open".
I sent an email to them 2 weeks or so ago, but I haven't heard anything from them, so I probably won't order from them.
plus a lot of reviews online says it's a bad store xD

Yes, I've seen those bad reviews before but I wasn't thought they treat their clients like that, lol. I mean no answer for your question and canceling orders without any explanation.

Well I think they're still "open" because they do have new stuff on their site and they offer holiday discount code.

I ordered cards to Europe so I could understand (or just try to understand...) if they'll cancel my order for 2 cards for 2$, but I ordered more cards for more than 40$ so it's weird to me.
And well - I do not recommend them :D

Does anyone have a good site for us UK players/ collectors? CoolStuffInc looked nice but I'm not sure on what the shipping is like to UK, plus they didn't have some of the cards I wanted.

Back