Best Place Online to Buy?

Valex said:
Does anyone have a good site for us UK players/ collectors? CoolStuffInc looked nice but I'm not sure on what the shipping is like to UK, plus they didn't have some of the cards I wanted.

If you look through this thread you'll probably find a few stores that fits you, that has items you want etc. but it depends on what you're looking for?
Is it singles/packs/boxes/tins? older singles/packs/boxes might be hard to find in certain stores so I would suggest eBay for those.

Any good site that sends to Brazil? Or at least allows me to buy with a brazilian credit card and send the product to Canada or USA?

Looking for a some cheap sites for buying single cards that can ship to Australia. Any suggestions?

Anyone know the best place to buy specific singles lists online in the UK? Chaos Cards has a very limited listing, as does Card Kingdom (iirc thats its name) and ebay is all over the place. Would like a site where I can order a list of singles as a lot and have them sent to the UK (pref low shipping too, which I why I ask for online in the UK, although if a site (thats not T&T is cheap and has a good list that's outside of the UK I'm willing to try it out)

EDIT: Also. anyone know how much good prices are and where to get the older Elite Trainer Boxes? (Pre-XY)

Valex said:
Anyone know the best place to buy specific singles lists online in the UK? Chaos Cards has a very limited listing, as does Card Kingdom (iirc thats its name) and ebay is all over the place. Would like a site where I can order a list of singles as a lot and have them sent to the UK (pref low shipping too, which I why I ask for online in the UK, although if a site (thats not T&T is cheap and has a good list that's outside of the UK I'm willing to try it out)

EDIT: Also. anyone know how much good prices are and where to get the older Elite Trainer Boxes? (Pre-XY)

Have you tried PB Marketplace sellers?

omahanime said:
Valex said:

Have you tried PokéBeach Marketplace sellers?

I checked out those forums after you mentioned it, tbh they're all pretty dead or selling niche stuff like foreign boosters, playmats ect.

Collector's Cache Shipping Options

I've decided to order some cards from CC as they have a cheaper selection ATM (and they ship to Aussieland).
Anyway, came across the abundance of shipping options. I really want to pay the least for shipping; with the cheapest options:
  • CC Select First Class Mail $5.95
  • USPSPriority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box $24.75 (Avg. Delivery 6 - 10 business days to many major markets. Certain restrictions apply. Not all items that you have ordered may fit inside a Flat-Rate Box.)
  • USPSPriority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope $24.75 (Avg. Delivery 6 - 10 business days to many major markets. Certain restrictions apply. Not all items that you have ordered may fit inside a Flat-Rate Box.)

What are people's experiences and suggestions? Looking for answers ASAP

RE: Collector's Cache Shipping Options

I've used Collector's Cache a lot. They were my main shop when I lived in the US for English-language products. My orders from there were always reasonably fast and well packaged. This was only for domestic purchases, though; I don't have any experience with them shipping something internationally, and mostly with booster boxes or promo products, but I'm guess you're only buying a few singles or so?

The $6 sounds super cheap for a shipment all the way to Oz. "First Class Mail" is basically the standard USPS shipping option for envelopes and small packages, with price based on weight and location. This will probably take a couple weeks to get there.

Priority Mail is also USPS, but will get there faster, and they'll always be the same price based on the size of the box ("flat rate" and all). Generally speaking, flat-rate shipping options are best when you're buying heavier things, since you pay the same price for a heavier weight as opposed to the First Class that prizes out based on weight. If you're just buying a few singles, this is probably overkill, but would probably be worth it for full booster boxes.

I would also make sure to double-check the customs limits for your country to make sure you won't get slapped with customs fees when the package arrives.

RE: Collector's Cache Shipping Options

Im an Aussie born and bred but lived in the US for 10 years now. Cant speak for the company but this is the deal with shipping.

I have a feeling that they may give you the run around with First Class. 6 bucks is cheap and via the USPS website, only gets you 1-2oz of shipping weight.
http://www.stamps.com/whitepapers/first-class-package-international-service-rate-guide.pdf

As Athena says, Priority is a flat rate but there is a lower weight limit on international. Dont think it would effect sending cards though, even a few booster boxes if thats what your ordering. However it must fit in the USPS supplied box without bulge or the like.

I would contact them and try to get First class shipping (which has a max of 4lbs (64oz)) have them weigh your order and give you a price for both. 25 bucks Priorty price in First class terms equates to 2lb5oz, so anything over that def do Priority if thats their price.

TBH, in my personal experience First Class doesnt take much longer than Priority to AU and is considerably cheaper in some shipments has been the same estimated time as Priority.

Hope this helps :)

TCGPlayer...is it Trust-Worthy?

Hi everyone, I've always bought my cards at my local store, but it's been getting pretty expensive lately. So,I'm planning on get my cards on this site, but as safe as it seems, it always keeps bugging me. I usually buy in bulk, so if ever they don't ship the order, I'll be losing a pretty big amount of money.

So, have any of you bought cards from here? If so, what was the condition of the cards? How long did it take? Did you get your package without any problems?

RE: TCGPlayer...is it trust-worthy?

I have no personally, because I still support my local shop, but from what I know, it's pretty darn good.

RE: TCGPlayer...is it trust-worthy?

The prices certainly are, but is the condition of cards too?

I usually buy from Troll and Toad and Coolstuffinc.

Coolstuff is nice because they have 99 cent shipping on all singles, and if you buy enough from them with an account they give you discounts. A friend of mine is up to 8% of all single purchases with 10% right around the corner.

CoolStuffInc is good, Strike Zone Online are decent although sometimes a little pricey. When purchasing from Amazon, I highly recommend the Eclectic Shopper / Eclectic Gamer.

STAY AWAY from Troll and Toad, and Stop2Shop. I've bought from both of them once, and will never do it again. Very unprofessional, horrible customer service, and the cards I ordered were not in the condition they should have been

Pokediamond.com? Anyone Buy From Here?

Hi,

my son just started collecting cards and of course he wants me to buy him lots of cards. I was looking around online for a cheap place to buy cards, and I read about a few different sites (i'm not into ebay). I came across pokediamond.com from searching, and I saw that everything is free shipping and all purchases come with free gifts. I'm not sure what the gifts are, and I also was wondering if anyone has any experience with the site.

Any info would help.

Thanks!

RE: Pokediamond.com? Anyone buy from here?

I can't vouch for this place. It looks like they're still up and coming. I probably wouldn't order from there. If you are looking for cheap cards, I would suggest untappedgames.net or Troll and Toad. Also, you can check your local card shop (if you have one).
Honestly, I'm going to get some heat for suggesting Troll, because they're grades for cards and business practices are just garbage, but if you don't really care what you are getting, and want cheap, that's probably the way to go. I think some sellers on here also sell bulk lots of just common cards, might be able to swing a deal with one of them.

Thanks! I will think about it. I sent an email to the site and will let you know the reply, my son might just have to wait a little longer til I figure this out! I feel like if I'm gonna be getting stuff for him regularly (maybe I'm too long term with my thought process) then I want to try to figure it out now... he also only wants new cards, so none of those places that sell the used stuff or the craigslist stuff is really an option.

I'm trying to be supportive, but this looks like it'll be a fairly expensive hobby. grrr

If you want your son to enjoy Pokemon cards and play somewhat more competitively (i.e. using things like the expensive cards such as EXs), he could try TCGOne, which allows the use of any card for free online, while making some nice casual decks IRL, which are much cheaper.

bbninjas said:
If you want your son to enjoy Pokemon cards and play somewhat more competitively (i.e. using things like the expensive cards such as EXs), he could try TCGOne, which allows the use of any card for free online, while making some nice casual decks IRL, which are much cheaper.

I tried that... it was a resounding no!

Thanks for the suggestion though...

I have bought several times from TNT and I am collector. I have never had problem with the card's condition so far and I have bought from them about 10 times. eBay is where I get some of my cards as well though is it hard to find a trustworthy seller. Usually I try one out by buying something trivial and then if I am satisfied by the service I proceed to buy more from him/her.

Also does anyone know and good store to buy singles and some sealed products in the EU? I have found only 1 or 2 small sellers around here but I would like someone with a bigger stock.

Back