Big Basics (Landorus EX / Tornadus EX / Mewtwo EX)

MountainDrew said:
You never know if you tech in some Plasma/Colress Machine you can do some big damage.

*then it gets KO'ed with 4 energy* AWWWW DANGIIIT

I would rather use something else or use more Supporters. Probably more Supporters.

I've been testing this for now, what do u think?

Pokémon

3 Landorus EX
3 Mewtwo EX
2 Tornadus EX
2 Lugia EX
1 Keldeo EX
1 Sableye

Stadiums

2 Virbank City Gym
1 Plasma Frigate

ACE SPEC

1 Computer Search

Supporters

4 Professor Juniper
4 N
3 Skyla
2 Bianca

ITEMS

4 Hypnotoxic Laser
4 Pokémon Catcher
4 Switch
3 Ultra Ball
3 Colress Machine
1 Max Potion

ENERGY

4 Double Colorless Energy
4 Prism Energy
4 Plasma Energy

Why are you playing Lugia-EX, Plasma Energy, and Colress MCHN when you could have more consistency instead?

Just testing and messing around. The deck is not bad, it was a friend of Igor's who gave me the list and I've been testing. I prefer the regular mewtwo/landy/bouffa/clucknadus. or the G

Scramble switch or Computer Search? I've found both to be handy in certain situations. And also, do you guys run energy switch?

Fatality said:
So whats everybody's pokemon line in this deck? I really undecided on how many Landorus/Tornadus I should run in this deck

I like 4 Landorus EX (my primary starter), 3 Tornadus EX and 2 Mewtwo EX work for me.

SheNinja said:
Will this deck be good by the time Nationals rolls by? I want to know if I should buy the cards now.
Too early for me to predict yet since Plasma Freeze has not yet been released and we can review all the cards. Even then, any revised deck needs to be battle-tested in events prior to Nats. I do expect the deck to remain in the upper tiers though.

MountainDrew said:
Do you guys think the new Tornadus EX in Plasma Freeze will see any play in this deck?
Definitely NOT in my deck.

DSJ said:
Scramble switch or Computer Search? I've found both to be handy in certain situations. And also, do you guys run energy switch?
Tested Computer Search first in the deck prior to States and liked it. Replaced it for Scramble Switch (thanks SoleMan) for States and LOVE it.

I am playing 3 Landy, 3 Mewtwo, 2 Clucknadus, 2 Bouff. I thought about running a single Terrakion NVI, but not sure. Also, yes, scramble switch is REALLY awesome in this deck

DrunkSpinda said:
I've been testing this for now, what do u think?

Pokémon

3 Landorus EX
3 Mewtwo EX
2 Tornadus EX
2 Lugia EX
1 Keldeo EX
1 Sableye

Stadiums

2 Virbank City Gym
1 Plasma Frigate

ACE SPEC

1 Computer Search

Supporters

4 Professor Juniper
4 N
3 Skyla
2 Bianca

ITEMS

4 Hypnotoxic Laser
4 Pokémon Catcher
4 Switch
3 Ultra Ball
3 Colress Machine
1 Max Potion

ENERGY

4 Double Colorless Energy
4 Prism Energy
4 Plasma Energy
Very clever including Sableye and Prism energy... I've been thinking about that for certain matchups.

However, now that you got Junk Hunt capabilities, I'd suggest:
-1 Ht Laser
-1 Pokémon Catcher
-1 Switch
+1 Bianca. More card draw support is needed, IMHO.
+2 F energy. To increase your odds of having needed energy to attach T1.

So what are the thoughts about adding Keldeo EX and Float Stone?
I feel like with 4 Switches and even Scramble Switch as the Ace Spec, you will still not get along with 4 Catchers and 4 Lasers in pretty much every Deck. Also you sometimes have to switch your attacker even without getting out of a Catcher or Laser.

Setting up a Keldeo with a Float Stone isnt to hard and gives you infinite Switches at any point of the game without having to rely on my 4 Switches.

Im currently playing 2 Keldeos, 2 Float Stones, Scramble Switch and still 1 normal Switch,
any thoughts about that?

That ruins consistency, 3 Switch, 1 Escape Rope and Scramble Switch are pretty much what's necessary. Also, swap out the mewtwos for Cobalions

DrunkSpinda said:
That ruins consistency, 3 Switch, 1 Escape Rope and Scramble Switch are pretty much what's necessary. Also, swap out the mewtwos for Cobalions

Looks like everyone wants to add Cobalion Exes now. When I first posted my build in the Thundurus Deoxys thread a couple of weeks back, people were dissing it. It's good to see people have seen the light =p

3 Blend WLFM
4 Fighting
4 DCE

IIRC is what I play. Keep in mind that this is with 2 Cobalions.

SheNinja said:
3 Blend WLFM
4 Fighting
4 DCE

IIRC is what I play. Keep in mind that this is with 2 Cobalions.

How often do you get to attack with Cobalion with only 3 Energy that works for him?

I think running 3-4 basic steels would be a better idea, mainly because enhanced hammer is rampant now a days, but you can also energy search for it and if you only run 3 blends you might whiff (probably a lot) when you need it.

But I like how both Cobalion and Landorus can set up those later KO's, that early 30 is just too important IMO.

Try a 8/3 Split Fighting-Metal with 1 energy search. Granted that's in garbodor, but with a 3-2 Landorus Cobalion and 3 skyla, nine times out of 10 I start with landy/cobalion I'll have the energy I need

Back