Blastoise / Keldeo EX / Black Kyurem EX

RE: Keldeo EX / Blastoise (With and without Black Kyurem EX)

Anybody plan on adding the new Kyurem from plasma freeze into this deck?

Fatality said:
Anybody plan on adding the new Kyurem from plasma freeze into this deck?

It's not to good in this deck, it needs 2 energy for the attack that you'll want to use, as the other one is rubbish (for this deck). So not really worth it considering that there are better Pokemon for the deck.

Frozen City will see a LOT of play in anti-meta rogues

Ok so this might be kinda allitle stupid but does anyone think this deck might work with just black kyurem ex?
Or is Keldeo like the glue that holds this deck together

zapper1998 said:
Ok so this might be kinda allitle stupid but does anyone think this deck might work with just black kyurem ex?

I tested that idea a few times, it's definitely better with Keldeo as the focus.

Ok thanks for the input

While it's polite to thank someone, in the future, please just like their post. - Blah

zapper1998 said:

I think if you only had BKEX it would be wierd, just because his moves do 60 or 200. Theres nothing inbetween like Keldeos 110 + the rush in.

Keldeo EX is a MUST in this deck. It's so strong and versatile. It's a great attacker, it's great for ridding your BKEXs of danger/status ailments, it's great as defensive shield...

My first experimental take on the deck in the future would have a Ball Engine including Level Ball, 1-2 Exeggcute, 3 Tropical Beach, 4 Juniper, 3 Colress, and 4 Super Energy Retrieval with a focus on Black Kyurem EX. The plan is the high amount of PokeBall cards allows me to play Colress well earlier in the game (with the higher Tropical Beach count making a smaller Colress plenty safer while having the extra shots at discarding Frozen City). The main reason for Level Ball is for the Exeggcute (and Squirtle, I guess), and dropping them and Energy in the discard pile with Professor Juniper and Ultra Ball turns Super Energy Retreival into a one card combo that pushes Black Kyurem attacking each turn.

Pokemon: 12
3 Blastoise
4 Squirtle
2 Black Kyurem EX
2 Keldeo EX
1 Exeggcute (PS: This card is the most beautiful card; ignoring the fear of donking, I would play 2 with 4 Ultra Ball without a doubt in my mind)

Trainers: 38-40
4 Professor Juniper
4 Skyla
3 Colress
2 Random Receiver
3 Tropical Beach
1 Dowsing Machine (The decent set-up card, turns into important trainers, becomes a supporter when the hand is lacking, lets the hand work well late game, etc.)
4 Super Energy Retrieval
3 Pokemon Catcher
4 Rare Candy
3 Ultra Ball
2-3 Level Ball
3-4 Energy Search (Extremely versatile with the energy types, is searchable, thins the deck, and is safe because of Super Energy Retrieval's turning into sufficient energy. It's also best to have enough outs to energy, and I'd rather not have 4 Cilan running around)
2 Float Stone (Keldeo EX's most lovely combo)

Energy: 9 (Super Energy Retreival is all you need, and might even be safe to have lowered if you can get the energy in your hand/in play/in the discard okay)
2 Lightning Energy
7 Water Energy

I feel the list is a bit cluttered, but I personally love the idea so far. My instinct is that a better list would have 4 Ultra Ball to discard Energy, 4 Energy Search, and less than 9 Energy. However, this is completely untested, but I'd like to see how this works.

That's my idea on a Black Kyurem focused deck.

~L_X_F

So far I would reduce Energy Search to one, to add a second Exeggcute and a third float stone, as you'll probably only need one anyways and you're already running Skyla. I would also take out the random receivers in favor of two more water energies, as RR and Skyla usually don't go that well together

The whole point of Energy Search is that it thins the deck faster and lets you play less energy cards in general, plus it can turn into the Lightning Energy or the Water. It might be best to play 2 Lightning, 6 Water, and 4 Energy Search, but, for example, a game versus Plasma Klinklang might be a bit more painful if you have too many Water energy or Super Energy Retreival as prizes, so I don't want to get too greedy with a first draft. The Random Receiver into Skyla also serve a purpose of finding a Tropical Beach early game, becomes slightly weaker after that, and later game grabs you every Super Energy Retrieval or Ultra Ball you need to get your Pokemon out and attacking. This deck relies on a one-card combo, and Skyla is the best card to have it work. More energy would clutter the deck since you have the option to have less.

~L_X_F

You're going to want to have more than 6-8 energy on the field at a time though. It also relies way too much on the retrievals to be consistent. The entire focus of Blastoise/Keldeo is to overload your opponent with your high energy attackers, so running minimal energy is counter productive, even if you do have 4 Energy Search.

Black Kyurem EX + Super Energy Retrieval = 200 damage. Plus it's searchable with Skyla, and the deck will have very few weak cards at most any point in the game. Just discard all of your energy early and get them back with Super Energy Retrieval.

A Super Energy Retrieval is all you need each turn.

~L_X_F

Couldn't your use the exeggcute as a tech and keep a origanal list

Exeggcute is amazing in everything. Of course you can play it in something else:)

~L_X_F

Which Exeggcute are we talking about? the one in Plasma Freeze?

Yes, the one with Propagation. It's the only one in the BW-On format

Pardon my ignorance but why is Exeggcute so good? Is it cause if you use cards like Computer Search and Ultra ball you can discard the exeggcute and just keep putting it back in your hand without discarding any resources?

Back