Playthrough Blue Nuzlocke-A Game to Remember

@Reggie McGigas, it only seemed fair, since Reggie didn't even survive long enough to level up. :(
But yeah, lol, you killed yourself. Dat recoil damage

Updated with a real short chapter. Was going to make it longer, but I don't really have much time at the moment.

Snorlax is definitely going to help you. I believe it's level 37 that it learns Body Slam which seems to have very high paralysis rate despite it being 30%. You may want to think about starting to raise Hitmonlee soon because right now Victreebel is the only Pokemon you have that has a super-effective attack for Lorlei if you have it with a good grass move.

I know Lorlei isn't until the elite 4, but her Pokemon are in the 50s level-wise so you'll need to grind quite a bit.

King Arceus said:
Snorlax is definitely going to help you. I believe it's level 37 that it learns Body Slam which seems to have very high paralysis rate despite it being 30%. You may want to think about starting to raise Hitmonlee soon because right now Victreebel is the only Pokemon you have that has a super-effective attack for Lorlei if you have it with a good grass move.

I know Lorlei isn't until the elite 4, but her Pokemon are in the 50s level-wise so you'll need to grind quite a bit.

Exactly what I was thinking. Hitmonlee is probably going to replace Ninetales on my team sometime soon.

Can please name a pokemon after me? Pwetty pwease. With swugar on twop.

Also, lol at Reggie killing himself.

This seems like a good Nuzlocke. I'm just starting one in White. I've had some funny experiences so far, but I know how you feel. Can I get one of the Pokemon named after me?

Also, quick hint (not sure if KA said this, or if its too late anyway)

But you might want to catch the first pokemon of a route, regardless of if you have it or not. I have done a few lockes, and it is not fun being stuck with only 3 pokemon up against the Elite 4 because they all died and you were picky about who you caught on each route.

James86134 said:

But you might want to catch the first pokemon of a route, regardless of if you have it or not. I have done a few lockes, and it is not fun being stuck with only 3 pokemon up against the Elite 4 because they all died and you were picky about who you caught on each route.

If I caught all the Pidgeys I've run into as the first pokemon for a route, I'd have like 5 Pidgeys plus the Pidgeott I already have. :p
But I see your point, I just don't think with the amount of pokemon I have at this point that I'll run out anytime soon. Plus, I'm being extra careful (which is why so many have lived this far :)).

Keeper of Night said:
James86134 said:

If I caught all the Pidgeys I've run into as the first pokemon for a route, I'd have like 5 Pidgeys plus the Pidgeott I already have. :p
But I see your point, I just don't think with the amount of pokemon I have at this point that I'll run out anytime soon. Plus, I'm being extra careful (which is why so many have lived this far :)).

Oh wait... Yeah I just realised that Red/Blue dont have as much of a variety at the start of the game as the games I did Nuzlockes on...

Well, if you're gonna do a Nuzlocke of Platinum any time soon, follow the hint I said before :p

James86134 said:
Keeper of Night said:

Oh wait... Yeah I just realised that Red/Blue dont have as much of a variety at the start of the game as the games I did Nuzlockes on...

Well, if you're gonna do a Nuzlocke of Platinum any time soon, follow the hint I said before :p

Yeah, I've Nuzlocked (not sure if that's a term) plenty of games before, including Platinum. And usually, I do catch the first pokemon of every route, even dupes.

Didn't do much, but updated anyway.
Will definitely do something special for the league battles, assuming I don't lose everyone before then.

Just making a list of possible replacements I could use.

CMP>Delta
PMJ>DNA
Blah/Astra/James>McGigas

lol
I'll just take care of casualties when they happen. :p

Oh. Yay. I got a Pokemon named after me.

*checks to see which one*

... Of course I got the scum Pokemon... Of course.

I always save a few fishing areas or some pocket areas of grass. Such as the grass behind the tree on Route 14 or the one just below Pallet Town. It's a good backup plan I find ;]

zappy800 said:
You should relatively easily win the league. Are you going to try and catch mewtwo?

I might. I'm assuming Blue has a post-game much like FRLG. If it does, I might play through that as well.

Keeper of Night said:
zappy800 said:
You should relatively easily win the league. Are you going to try and catch mewtwo?

I might. I'm assuming Blue has a post-game much like FRLG. If it does, I might play through that as well.

There really isn't a post game. The only area that opens up is the cave near Cerulean City.

Victory Road is a royal nightmare. I would avoid most trainers the first time you go through it just so you can safely get through it. This way you can always go back and heal when necessary. You will need Strength to get through the cave so make sure you have that. I'm not sure if you taught that to Snorlax or not. If you didn't, it wouldn't be a bad idea to give that to Hitmonlee. Make sure you have a lot of Hyper Potions because you could need them.

King Arceus said:
Keeper of Night said:

There really isn't a post game. The only area that opens up is the cave near Cerulean City.

Victory Road is a royal nightmare. I would avoid most trainers the first time you go through it just so you can safely get through it. This way you can always go back and heal when necessary. You will need Strength to get through the cave so make sure you have that. I'm not sure if you taught that to Snorlax or not. If you didn't, it wouldn't be a bad idea to give that to Hitmonlee. Make sure you have a lot of Hyper Potions because you could need them.
No Islands? Awww...
Makes sense, since in FRLG the Islands are home to Johto pokemon. Oh well.

Yeah, I'm stocked on Potions and whatnot. I can also Dig in emergencies. I taught Snorlax Strength (it's in a chapter somewhere) and am making good headway so far.

EDIT:
I am no longer able to finish this nuzlocke, unfortunately. The ROM I was using was deleted when that computer died. :(

Back