• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

BR Masters Gengar Vileplume Spiritomb

Multiplicity

There is Power in Numbers
Here is my take on the Vilegar.
Pokemon-26
3(SF)-3(SF)-3(SF)-1(AR) Gengar Level X
2(LA)-2(UD)-2(UD) Vileplume
4(AR) Spiritomb
3(LA) Uxie
1(LA) Azelf
2(MD) Unown Q

T/S/S-20
1 Palmer's Contribution
2 Looker's Investigation
4 Bebe's Search
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Broken Time-Space
4 Pokemon Collector
2 Professor Oak's Visit
2 Copycat

Energy-14
3 Call Energy
4 Warp Energy
7 Psychic Energy

Strategy-
This is the basic lock for the game. Best start is spiritomb, but anything is doable with 4 collector with the call energy. Just get spiritomb up and an oddish on the bench to start getting vileplume up. With 4 warps if vileplume comes up a warp will be easily gotten. After the warp is played on the plume, a Q attach gives another retreat since you can discard the warp to retreat. After Vileplume is up, gengar comes up to start with the poltergeist. Level down any X with Gengar, such as Landmin or DGX or Blaze FBX. Uxie for drawpower and Azelf for the Power.
Comment and make some recommendations.

Edit: Put in Changes

Lookin' good!

A few suggestions I'd like to make:

-1 Uxie
-1 Broken Time-Space
-1 Professor Oak's Visit
-1 Psychic Energy
-1 Warp Energy (3 is plenty!)

+1 Uxie LV.X (3 Uxie clogs the bench, in my opinion. If you can get an Uxie LV.X, it'd be much better to play it than 3 Uxie. If not, I'd recommend adding in another draw card.. perhaps Copycat?
+1 Gastly (Running 4 is critical in the SP match. If they're able to get the early KO on a Gastly, you're going to wish you had a 4th late game.)
+1 Looker's Investigation (*definitely* a card you want multiple copies of!)
+2 Copycat OR Cynthia's Feelings (Copycat vs SP is amazing when you've been trainer locking them all game. However, Cynthia's Feelings gives you a guaranteed 8 cards after a KO. It's really just a personal preference)

Also consider cutting 1 Unown Q.. I know how amazing QUICK is, however starting with it is.. not so amazing hehe. Good luck!

you don't have gengar X on your list, although you mention it in the strategy. I'd just take out a gengar of your choice for it.

- 1 Uxie
- 3 Prof Oak's Visit
+ 4 Copycat

Amt, I don't like Uxie LV X here. When you retreat Spiritomb you must put Gengar as your active pokemon. If you put Uxie, you can't use Warp Point for retreat.

Well, if one of your Pokemon was KO'd, you may be able to Level Up Uxie, and retreat by either discarding an energy or use Unown Q, as strong odds you will have a Vileplume set up by the time a Spiritomb dies.

-2 collectors -1uxie -1 bts= +1 uxie lv x + 1 looker +1 mew2 +1 mew2 lv x

Thanks for all of the suggestions! Here is what I have decided to adjust:
-1 Professor Oak's Visit
-1 Broken Time-Space
-1 Psychic Energy
+2 Copycat
+1 Looker's Investigation

I like Rare Candy and Lux ball here, because it helps recovery after Vileplume or Spiritomb dies. Or if you can't level down DGX.

Balboa said:
Amt, I don't like Uxie LV X here. When you retreat Spiritomb you must put Gengar as your active pokemon. If you put Uxie, you can't use Warp Point for retreat.

Retreat Spiritomb to Uxie ---> Level Up ---> Warp Energy to Gengar

The Gengar from AR is the X, forgot to put it down, but it is mentioned in the strategy. Will edit the change.

Back