BW10 Speculation

Expanding that gap isn't at all a good thing. It hurts people trying to get into the game competitively from a low skill level, which is something that should be encouraged for the health of the game.

That being said, Frost was spot-on with why syncing sets would be a horrible idea.

RiverShock said:
Expanding that gap isn't at all a good thing. It hurts people trying to get into the game competitively from a low skill level, which is something that should be encouraged for the health of the game.

That being said, Frost was spot-on with why syncing sets would be a horrible idea.
True, but it's better to ease your way into a game, starting with league and BR's, then Cities, then the bigger tournaments. It's kind of an insult to the players who put so much time into this game to get beaten by a new player who netdecked a Darkrai list. I would actually argue the opposite of your point. It's less incentive for a player who wants to play competitively and put time and effort into testing and whatnot if it doesn't really matter because new players can just netdeck and beat them with the netdecked list/luck. It's still extremely easy to get into this game, and especially when you're new, winning shouldn't be the main goal. You should be having fun and learning the game. You shouldn't start winning first thing (unless you're a prodigy at this game or something). Once you start putting effort in to test the format and see what the tier one decks are, you should be rewarded.

Honestly, I think the new players should be allowed to make that decision themselves. Either way, though, I guess it's kinda irrelevant. New players aren't likely to have the foresight to look at the next Japanese set.

Either way, the "knowing what we're getting" argument isn't going to affect any decisions to/not to synchronize sets. There's no way that is a consideration for the people behind the game.

RiverShock said:
Honestly, I think the new players should be allowed to make that decision themselves. Either way, though, I guess it's kinda irrelevant. New players aren't likely to have the foresight to look at the next Japanese set.

Either way, the "knowing what we're getting" argument isn't going to affect any decisions to/not to synchronize sets. There's no way that is a consideration for the people behind the game.
I'm talking about the people who are "good' enough to look online for help and to netdeck and such, but honestly shouldn't be good enough to win consistently.

If they only skip EBB, how big would the next English set be to be done with B&W by November?

Plasma Blast is under 110 cards. November will be either XY1 or Battle Boost + leftovers (Everyone's Exciting Battle, various BW-P promos, Shiny Collection?, Mewtwo/Genesect deck). If they go the Battle Boost + filler route it'd be around the size of Boundaries Crossed depending how thorough they are in including all of the forgotten Japanese cards into the (in this case) final English BW set.

We have never gotten all of the promos that japan has gotten. We most likely never will. However, a lot of their promos are reprints with different artwork or just the same artwork with a little stamp from one of their airline promotions or something. I'm staring to get tired of the BW series, but I do like the current card format (EX's, shinies, new set organization, etc.) and would like to see that continue into the next series. Shiny Collection could easily be released as another small set just like Dragon Vault, and the remaining Battle Boost cards and the Exciting Battle Decks could easily be integrated into future sets if the format is continued.

I do not think we will get Shiny Collection.

Those cards were released around Valentine's Day and the gimmick may not do well in the USA.

Though I do hope we get it here as well.

Hopefully if BW10 is a thing in the US, they'll slip those cards into that set with the full arts serving as the set's chase cards (lol). It'll suck losing the pretty holo treatments of the regular cards but I'd still like to get the artwork in English in some way.

Back