Charganium's Fakes: It's been 3,000 years.

What set should the next 6 cards be from?

• Kanto

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Johto

• Hoenn

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • Sinnoh

• Unova

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • Delta

• VS

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Final Frontier

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
RE: Charganium's fakes UPDATE: 5/15/11: Krookodile from Unova

1. 40 to 60% opacity, nothing else.
2. I didn't have a white W/R/RC, so I ripped it from a Tyranitar card.
3. Will fix.
4. Will do that.
5. Gimp 2.6.

RE: Charganium's fakes UPDATE: 5/18/11: Shiny Pikachu and Mudkip

I like the whiteish borders on your cards. They really make them stand out. :)
I also like your Charizard. Isn't it's PokeBody basically the same as Ho-Oh legend?

RE: Charganium's fakes UPDATE: 5/18/11: Shiny Pikachu and Mudkip

FlamingDriscoll09 said:
I like the whiteish borders on your cards. They really make them stand out. :)
I also like your Charizard. Isn't it's PokeBody basically the same as Ho-Oh legend?

And most of the other Charizard cards out there. It's something like Charizard's signature Poke-Body. As for the whiteish borders..I didn't make those, CascadeGonpory did. They came with the blanks. Check them out here. :)

RE: Charganium's fakes UPDATE: 5/25/11: Mew & Celebi LEGEND

Probably the biggest problem is the blank. From the looks of things, you used a hard eraser to get the dual type blanks together. Don't do that. Instead, use a an eraser set to 15% hardness to blend the blanks together. Also, I used to a very larger eraser size to blend the blanks together (I used size 300), and I only did one quick stroke.

On to the illustration, Celebi is really blurry, and doesn't look good. Also, the illustration should never cover up the "important" stuff. Looking at your fake, Mew's tail and Celebi's hand cover up the LEGEND text a bit, so you might want to erase around there. You're also missing a holofoil.

Finally, the text. I don't know what happened here. The text should be the same settings as a regular fake, except this time only all white. You should also enter your text and then rotate the text box to get the LEGEND "feel".

All of this aside, it's a great start to faking LEGENDS!

Gliscor said:
Probably the biggest problem is the blank. From the looks of things, you used a hard eraser to get the dual type blanks together. Don't do that. Instead, use a an eraser set to 15% hardness to blend the blanks together. Also, I used to a very larger eraser size to blend the blanks together (I used size 300), and I only did one quick stroke.

On to the illustration, Celebi is really blurry, and doesn't look good. Also, the illustration should never cover up the "important" stuff. Looking at your fake, Mew's tail and Celebi's hand cover up the LEGEND text a bit, so you might want to erase around there. You're also missing a holofoil.

Finally, the text. I don't know what happened here. The text should be the same settings as a regular fake, except this time only all white. You should also enter your text and then rotate the text box to get the LEGEND "feel".

All of this aside, it's a great start to faking LEGENDS!

For the blank, I used free select to piece them together. I don't know how to use an eraser that way. And I completely forgot about the holo. :headbang

About the illustrations, I'll fix it so they aren't covering stuff up, and the blurry Celebi does look a little weird next to the Sugimori-style Mew. I'll replace it with Karite-Kita-neko's Celebi V1, which is the same thing except it's not blurry.

I don't know how to rotate the text box, so I made a blank image, put text on it, rotated it separately, and laid that on top of the card. (It was the same font as a regular card.) It got all weird and thin. (And this is sort of off topic, but as I rotated the image, it kept growing. ???) If you can't read it at all, thisis what it says: {P}{P}{C} Lost Mind 40x Does 40 damage times the number of cards in the Lost Zone. {G}{C}{C} Time Warp 50 Flip 3 coins. For each heads, search your discard pile for a card and put it into your hand. For each tails, put a card from your hand into the Lost Zone.
W:{P}{R}x2 R: RC:{C}
While I was making this, Gimp kept crashing.:smashcomp

EDIT: I think I know how to do the eraser thing!

EDIT 2: Never mind, I don't.

Updated Mew & Celebi LEGEND with a better blank, a holosheet, holographic type symbols, and artwork not covering things up.

If you want any help with those Legend cards in respect to the background blanks/holo's itself Char just yell :)

aschefield101 said:
If you want any help with those Legend cards in respect to the background blanks/holo's itself Char just yell :)

I NEED A {C}/{P} BLANK!! There, I yelled.

I think Clebi and Mew should be a bit bigger, and the card should be more colorful.

Well, the Mew and Celebi should be bigger and overlap.

That's the problem inherent with using artwork from two different artists. Overall, though -- I think you did a pretty good job, Char! Only one thing (and I only collect Base-Neo Destiny and BW-on, so I could be wrong)...are energy symbols on LEGEND cards usually interspersed in the attack name like in "Time Warp"? I don't believe I've ever seen a LEGEND card like that. It's interesting, but makes it difficult to read the name.

I love Helium Energy...awesome concept and design!

CMP said:
That's the problem inherent with using artwork from two different artists. Overall, though -- I think you did a good job, Char! Only one thing (and I only collect Base-Neo Destiny and BW-on, so I could be wrong)...are energy symbols on LEGEND cards usually interspersed in the attack name like in "Time Warp"? I don't believe I've ever seen a LEGEND card like that. It's interesting, but makes it difficult to read the name.

I love Helium Energy...awesome concept and design!

No, Energy symbols are never like that. I felt like making Time Warp warped. And I like Helium Energy, too.

Back