DPPt/HGSS Chikorita, Cyndaquil, or Totodile?

Who will be your starter? Chikorita, Cyndaquil, or Totodile

• Total voters
This is a predicament I've been troubling myself over since I heard about the remakes, and I really don't know what to do!

Chikorita: I always pick the Grass type, so if I wanted to be boring and do what I always do, I'm going to pick Chikorita... But maybe I fancy a change...

Cyndaquil: Contrary to what I just said, when I first played Silver I actually picked Cyndaquil. I guess I thought Chikorita was too girly or something :p. But, I recently restarted Silver version and picked Cyndaquil, and Fire is such an overused starter type! Yeah I like to be different lol. Also, I like Cyndaquil because he's the starter Gold picked in the manga, so he's like the 'correct' starter, if you will.

Totodile: I've never chosen Totodile before, and I've never picked the Water starter before... Except Mudkip once, but everybody loves Mudkip. If I wanted a break from Grass type, and a break from Cyndaquil, I should pick the crazy crocodile... But Totodile in itself isn't a very interesting Pokemon... To me at least.

So yah, I'm torn. I'll probably just settle for Chikorita after all that, be boring lol.

Also, I can't decide to get HG or SS. HG to see what Gold is like or SS to replay the one I had in 4th Gen glory. Decisions, decisions!!!

as always! i'll pick the great cyndaquil!! flame wheel is my favorite move, and no other pokmn has it (i guess). i would pick chikorita too, but i hate meganium... and totodile... most of his moves are of the normal type... so it's very bored to use a water Pokémon whit the most of normal moves (like slash and others)
greetings! =)

Well as you can tell I really like houndoom so unless I want two fire pokemon (which I dont) then I am picking TOTODILE!!!!

Tough decision since I love all 3. In GSC, most of the time I started with Totodile or Cyndaquil, so I think I may go with Chikorita.

ima have to go with chikorita, since i never have on the old games. i'll just catch something else for falkner(folkner?)

Cyndaquil or Totodile

Most likely will pick Cyndaquil cause I like fire-types.

Plus I can get the red Gyarodos which can learn swim anyway.

Chikorita. <3

I just love the pokemon so.. yeah I'm going with it. =]
But this is the only region where I'm completely happy to have any of the starters. They're all awesome.

I think I will choose Totidile because water is my favorite type. It's also pretty cute.

Totodile, especially since he can finally learn Waterfall which always made choosing him suck in the original games. Now I won't have to leave a spot open in my party for Mt. Silver.

Back