• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Creep Toad (Gengar / Seismitoad-EX)

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 15
  • 4 Seismitoad-EX
  • 3 Gastly (Breakthrough)
  • 2 Haunter (BRT)
  • 3 Gengar (BRT)
  • 2 Shaymin-EX
  • 1 Absol (ROS)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 37
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Shauna
  • 1 Team Flare Grunt
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Enhanced Hammer
  • 2 Trainer's Mail
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Dimension Valley
Energy: 8
  • 4 Psychic Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

Play the deck as a disruptive Toad deck, hitting opponents with Quaking Punch to lock their items and get a Gengar up ASAP. Attach Float Stones to Toad and retreat into Gengar who, with Dimension Valley, can use Creep Show for a quick knockout after Toad's already hit them. Then, as Gengar has free retreat, you can bring up Seismitoad and hit them again for an alternating item lock - KO combo.

Absol is in there as a tech-if they retreat the target to the Bench, you can move 30 damage over to their active, and KO that with Gengar instead.

Trainer lineup is pretty standard. 2 Hex Maniac are there because Vileplume is nasty, and it can also buy you some time on the first turn by shutting down their Shaymins. Didn't know whether to go with Team Flare Grunt or Xerosic, but Sceptile is an issue for Toad so I thought the former would be better. With Super Rod vs Sacred Ash, I thought recovering a bit of energy would be better, since I only run 5 Basic.

I'm aware the deck is slightly over the 60 limit at the moment, so any ideas on how to cut down are appreciated.

Last edited:
You could probably take out two Trainer's Mail. While they're certainly nice, they're going to end up becoming dead draws in an item-lock matchup. Against a T1 Vileplume, that's 4 dead cards, plus all the other trainers you have of course.
If you can make room for 1 more Lysandre somehow, I think that would be great. The ability to remove a threat on the bench is great, since Gengar can only kill an active Pokemon.
You might be able to cut a Psychic in here, too. You do have Professor's Letter to search those out, and you'll probably only need 1 per Gengar most of the time.
Definitely a cool idea!

You could probably take out two Trainer's Mail. While they're certainly nice, they're going to end up becoming dead draws in an item-lock matchup. Against a T1 Vileplume, that's 4 dead cards, plus all the other trainers you have of course.
If you can make room for 1 more Lysandre somehow, I think that would be great. The ability to remove a threat on the bench is great, since Gengar can only kill an active Pokemon.
You might be able to cut a Psychic in here, too. You do have Professor's Letter to search those out, and you'll probably only need 1 per Gengar most of the time.
Definitely a cool idea!

Have made the changes you asked for, thanks! I agree with you about the Trainer's Mails, plus I have 2 Skyla to grab a Rare Candy or something I need.

I'm not 100% sure on the energy change, but I have taken it on board and will test!

Back