Dachsbun ex, Galvantula ex, and New Illustration Rares Revealed from “Stellar Miracle!”

So, the Tree can't evolve a Pidgeotto that I have in bench right?
It looks like you have to start from a Basic. I don’t think Charizard will play it because it already has consistent ways of getting Pidgeot and Charizard evolved turn 2 because of Quick Search, but I can see this being used in some other evolution archetypes. It also protects from some Devo shenanigans.

Why is no one talking about that busted attack on Joltik? You can attach up to 4 energy from your deck to your Pokemon in any way you like?!!
It honestly might make Galvantula busted. Also could be a single-prize tech in Raging Bolt to get energies on the bench when you aren’t able to get a turn 1 attack set up, Regidrago to set up a Drago without Energy switches, and Hydrapple.

EDIT: Wait. Just realized this fully powers up an Iron Hands. What the fudge.

The tree is very cool, but it will be annoying if your AceSpec helps your opponent as well.
Ya Ace Spec Stadiums are kind of crazy. Like it's so good you can only have one in your deck but your opponent can also use it. They should have text that says only the player who put this card in play can use it. Maybe with the caveat that the opponent can play the same stadium to replace it?

Are you sure the Joltik is correctly translated? I could understand two energies in total, but two of both sounds beyond absurd.

It honestly might make Galvantula busted. Also could be a single-prize tech in Raging Bolt to get energies on the bench when you aren’t able to get a turn 1 attack set up, Regidrago to set up a Drago without Energy switches, and Hydrapple.

EDIT: Wait. Just realized this fully powers up an Iron Hands. What the fudge.
miridon has a new partner...

Ya Ace Spec Stadiums are kind of crazy. Like it's so good you can only have one in your deck but your opponent can also use it. They should have text that says only the player who put this card in play can use it. Maybe with the caveat that the opponent can play the same stadium to replace it?
Their is lost vacuum... or you could just be playing against an opponent that can't take advantage of it, like raging bolt, for example.

Dang, first impression is that Dachsbun ex kinda sucks sadly. Maybe it will be good in control, and Area Zero Underdepths might make it better too since bench space is less of an issue now, so I might be wrong, but my gut says it’s the bulkiest of bulk. The rest of the cards are kinda insane though, and I love the IRs and SIRs shown so far. If the other set that will be in Stellar Crown is as good as Stellar Miracle seems to be so far, it might tie or even surpass Paradox Rift as my favorite set of the era

Joltik can set up Iron Hands reliably; no need to gamble on Electric Generator. Very cool! And if it's used in Future Box, then the Future Booster Capsule makes retreating into it Turn 1 a breeze. But is it worth running a 30hp Pokemon? Lost Mine, Dusclops, and Dragapult will eat that thing up. So it's hard to say. The full art is fantastic though.

Am I the only one looking at Joltik's attack? Like that attack seems good, really really good.

Welcome back (sort of) Forest of Giant plants (sort of)
I think back then it was played a lot. What do you think about it as an Ace Spec card? I'm not playing currently, but I really like how it looks, so I hope it won't be expensive. Ace Specs had their prices everywhere, between 0.50 € and 20 €.

Ok, I’m going to rant a bit here:
New full arts: Not bad, I like the cave painting style on the Hydrapple, and the Terapagos actually feels like a Special Illustration Rare, unlike the Ogerpons and (in my opinion) a few of the Loyal Three ex, mainly Pecharunt.
Joltik: I’m not sure why it’s getting another full art, but I am interested in that attack: While it does no damage, accelerating four energy for one energy on a basic feels pretty good, the question is what it could be paired with since two grass and two lightning is a little awkward.
Galvantula ex: Item lock is good, but not worth discarding three different types of energy for, when your energy accel likely relies on Joltik. Just run Bannette or Venomoth.
Fidough: d o g
Dachsbun: As much as I like the Cheryl style effect, it suffers the same problem as TEF’s Whimsicott, in that there isn’t really a way to loop it, unless you play scoop up cyclone, but in that case why not just heal your Pokémon like that? Really wishing that they’d bring back good healing items, maybe not Max Potion because that would be broken, but a hyper potion would be nice.
Lacey: Good late game draw supporter, though I think people will stick with cards like Professor’s Research for consistent draw, or Roxanne for fewer cards but added disruption.
Great Tree: Might have some trouble as it gets bumped by counter stadiums, but with decks starting to run more than two stage twos in some cases, I can see a few decks starting to run this. Plus, it can be recycled unlike Neutral Center.

Alright, that’s all, sorry that you read all of that…

Joltik?

30 hp?

Good for lightning... until you find it is easily snipped by iron valiant ex ability for donk.

Great tree? Brings back the memories... only this time, no 4 of to make it that broken: can be prized, only one allowed in deck? More fair than FofGP...

idk if galvantula has ever had a meta card in the past, but im happy he has one now

Back