BW/BW2 Dento's typing revealed?

he could just as easily have a dakruama or whatever (bad spelling) and a water type.
having moncoli only means he will have either a grass team with smugleaf or no starters period

i think he might be a grass type gymleader or something cause he uses solarbeam

With the recently exposed picture of Dento in his gym with two other people, one in red, and one in blue, It got me thinking. Perhaps because Dento does not have any trainers in his gym, those two would be the trainers you must face, after being quizzed on the knowledge about types. One of them, would have fire types (red) and the other water (blue) types. Then Dento would be the trainer with grass types, still making him a grass-type gym leader. It would make sense that using the knowledge you just attained from his quiz, you get tested on it. And this would also explain the three colour badge, symbolizing the three primary types, rather then him being a multitype gym leader.

Alright, here's my theory on Dento. As you can see in the photo revealed today, there seems to be a Water-type counterpart of Yanappu, which has been revealed to be one of Dento's Pokémon.

In the August 31st news story on the main site, if you watch the 3rd video around 3:27, then you'll see that Dento has some puzzles set up around his gym, eventually teaching the player what type conquers what. Around 3:40, you'll see the badge that Dento gives you; it has 3 colored jewels or something like that in it. Guess what colors they are? Blue, red, and green. Baoppu is Water-type (Blue), Hiyappu is Fire-type(Red), and Yanappu is Grass-type (Green). My theory is that Dento will have each member of this monkey trio and will engage you in a Triple Battle for your first badge.

I'm sure Dento is going to be multi-typed. Because of the fact that 1: his gym had 3 panels on it with the grass, fire, and water symbols on it. And 2: turns out Yanuppu is a part of a trio of grass, fire, and water-type monkeys. And he happened to have a Yanuppu in the anime, so of course he'll have one in the games. Oooor... maybe you can choose what type of monkey you want to battle..? That'd be kinda cool, actually. :p

the new monkey thing could prove the 3in1 leader thing right, hough i wish it werent true
if you have to know why, pm me cuz i dont feel like explaining this right now

I think, going with my theory, that the two other trainers seen in the gym have the other monkeys, the one in blue with water, and the one in red with fire, and finally Dento with Yanappu.

Either way, I love the idea of the Monkey Trio. I can see them all dancing together or something. :)

I POSTED IT AND ITS MINE. RAGE. xD

Well by now, everyones just thinking alike, so it's pretty much everyones theory, I was just sharing. :)

Yeah i agree with you but i like mentioned it in my deleted thread or in the front page thread and then i went to bed then i woke up and found that someone also said that and a guy with a Pokabu avatar said that persons idea was great that angers me you know and i guess this proves that dento is grass and the other guys are water and fire.

Playerking, I know exactly how you feel.

But yeah, I'm gonna with trainers with different monkey instead of trainer with different monkeys.

his gym could be monkey themed(like how falkner was bird themed and maybe in rematches dento has infernape, aipom, primape, etc)
maybe dento has all 3 monkeys or just the grass one, and the other two are gym trainers with the other two monkeys

Back