BW/BW2 Dento's typing revealed?

llavaa said:
Sorry for the double post but...

That theory still seems kinda off with me. Although it is a good theory, I have a feeling it was wild in the clip with Pikachu and Kibago and later on Ash catches it. Probably because it saved Pikachu and Kibago, Ash saw how strong it was etc etc. Also because there are many clips of Mijumaru actually battling in the gym, and one picture of him fighting Dento's Yanappu. We know that Ash challenges the Gym so he does battle Dento. And so far we know that he has a Pikachu, Mamepato, and a possible Mijumaru. But like you said that still leaves out two other grass types. One of which could be Shikijika, but who knows, for all we know it could be a simple one-on-one battle. Because we don't know the amount of episodes the clips take place in. So he could of caught Mijumaru in a later episode, but still one of the first few.
-breath-
Also, the second clip, shows Ash throwing a pokeball, which leads into a picture of Mijumaru and Mamepato.

As you can see, I really want Ash to have that Mijumaru. But only time will tell. Sorry about that, I was on a roll. XD

I pretty much agree with this. Ash has been confirmed to own a mamepato, as this is shown in the new video, while him owning a mijumaru is alluded at in the recent Best Wishes videos.

If I remember correctly, it was stated Ash would arrive at the first gym by episode ten. I believe that Ash had two new pokemon (excluding Pikachu and gligar) by the time he reached Roark. Ash could catch Mamepato in the first double episode and then Mijumaru by episode 7-8.

Tsutaja would def. work with Dento. Besides the only video we have seen one in was in a setting similar to a gym, which if you paid attention, was similar to the field in which mijumaru was guarding itself against the solarbeam.

Here's to Ash owning a mijumaru!

Dento si looking more and more like a grass trainer. However this really conflicts with his badge, as it shows a water droplet, flame, and leaf. Weird!

this is off topic, but PIKACHU has gone through EVERY leaugge! isn't it like level 100 by now? lol How does it even lose to any pokemon STILL?

New best wishes commercial just confirmed dento having yanapuu which is the grass type monkey pokemon so high possibility he uses grass pokemon;)

dcwazzy said:
He's a grass type trainer.

dcwazzy out.

LOL JK

Not once has it been confirmed that Dento is a grass type trainer, so please, do us all a favor and don't state your thoughts as fact. It can become confusing.

It is becoming more likely that he will be one, but I am still holding on to my water/grass/fire team theory. It would be a more unique set up for a 1st gym.

Here's a theory:

Since Dento would be the first Gym Leader that trainers encounter after meeting Prof. Araragi, I think that the first Gym represents the beginning of trainers' pokemon journey. To tie in with this theme, I can see how Dento might have a Tricolour Badge to be symbolic of the starters' types. The Gym Leaders ask you questions now (Dento's related to types), which further backs the theory.

So, to sum it all up, the three-coloured Gym badge might not be related to the Gym typing, but merely references the fact that it is probably a pokemon trainer's first Gym Battle.

This lets Dento use whatever type pokemon he wants! Which, if following the usual mono-type theme, will be Grass.

I think the badge is actually a representation of exactly what it takes to get the badge like a battle or a quiz if it's just a normal battle you get a badge like the normal ones. So i think dento could still be grass and also half the gyms in isshu have badges that are based off different ways to earn one before beating a gym leader and the other version vice versa and finally the third game has all the gyms with normal badges.

And Tsutarja is not Ash's. This is kinda confirmed. Remember that video that we've always seen Tsutarja use Grass Mixer in? Well, that was used against Ash's Pikachu. This was confirmed in a promotional clip. Also, I'm pretty sure Mijumaru is Dento's now, because in another promotional clip, Kibago and Pikachu are shown to be badly beaten (presumably from a battle) by an unkown opponent; however, Mijumaru steps into the fray with Water Gun (or Hydro Pump--I can't tell). Common sense would tell me that it would be Dento's Mijumaru since Kibago is Iris's and Pikachu is Ash's. It could've been wild, though.[/QUOTE]

Figured I should say this, but the Tsutaja could be a WILD one and Ash is trying to catch it. Either that, or it belongs to Shooti or Dento.

Yeah tsutaja could be a wild one and don't forget with the whole Mijumaru can't be ash's thing people ca have more than one Pokemon.

oakbark said:
Since Dento would be the first Gym Leader that trainers encounter after meeting Prof. Araragi, I think that the first Gym represents the beginning of trainers' pokemon journey. To tie in with this theme, I can see how Dento might have a Tricolour Badge to be symbolic of the starters' types. The Gym Leaders ask you questions now (Dento's related to types), which further backs the theory.

So, to sum it all up, the three-coloured Gym badge might not be related to the Gym typing, but merely references the fact that it is probably a pokemon trainer's first Gym Battle.

This lets Dento use whatever type pokemon he wants! Which, if following the usual mono-type theme, will be Grass.

I couldn't agree more. The creators of the game did say they wanted a new beginning experience for new trainers correct? So, the badge could simply be related to the questions rather then the battle. The only reason why the questions would be there is to simply teach the trainer primary type effectiveness and sees how the trainer uses that in battle. I also doubt that he will be multitype because of the creators wanting a fresh beginning like Blue/Red/Leaf Green/Fire Red. If they wanted a new beginning, they wouldn't introduce something like multitype gyms, they would keep it as mono-type gyms which are the best in my opinion. (primarliy the reason that it forces you to catch multitype pokemon)

Can't wait to see how it all plays out. :)

Well it seems obvious to me that Dento will be a grass type trainer, seeing that he owns the grass monkey, Yannapu.

llavaa said:
I couldn't agree more. The creators of the game did say they wanted a new beginning experience for new trainers correct? So, the badge could simply be related to the questions rather then the battle. The only reason why the questions would be there is to simply teach the trainer primary type effectiveness and sees how the trainer uses that in battle. I also doubt that he will be multitype because of the creators wanting a fresh beginning like Blue/Red/Leaf Green/Fire Red. If they wanted a new beginning, they wouldn't introduce something like multitype gyms, they would keep it as mono-type gyms which are the best in my opinion. (primarliy the reason that it forces you to catch multitype pokemon)

Can't wait to see how it all plays out. :)

Question: How would the first gym leader having a team with a water, fire, and grass type pokemon not fit into the "fresh beginning"? You can't say that GF wouldn't introduce such a thing into the game because none of us know for sure. It is a tad bit doubtful, but it is just as good of a theory as the questioning of types. Unfortunately, all we have to go by is his badge.

Well for all we know the badge has nothing to do with the typing. I mean, look at the Rainbow Badge. That was for a grass type gym. How are rainbows and grass related? Unless you go really deep and start talking about sunlight, they aren't. So... I don't know. I doubt the badge tells the type.

im all for the multi type and that would be the best for a new beginning. mono types just like all the other gens: big whup.
diff types would make you get more then just your starter. no more squirtles drowning brock in a few seconds. with grass youd need to find the bug or bird of the region etc.
mono types would be to old fashioned imo

tyking16 said:
And Tsutarja is not Ash's. This is kinda confirmed. Remember that video that we've always seen Tsutarja use Grass Mixer in? Well, that was used against Ash's Pikachu. This was confirmed in a promotional clip. Also, I'm pretty sure Mijumaru is Dento's now, because in another promotional clip, Kibago and Pikachu are shown to be badly beaten (presumably from a battle) by an unkown opponent; however, Mijumaru steps into the fray with Water Gun (or Hydro Pump--I can't tell). Common sense would tell me that it would be Dento's Mijumaru since Kibago is Iris's and Pikachu is Ash's. It could've been wild, though. Figured I should say this, but the Tsutaja could be a WILD one and Ash is trying to catch it. Either that, or it belongs to Shooti or Dento.

the mijumaru isnt dentos because in a clip we see dento commanding a mystey pokemon to use solarbeam, then a mijumaru getting hit by it...why would he attack his own pokemon? and i agree, the tsutaaja should either be dentos or shootis

oakbark said:
Here's a theory:

i couldnt agree more. the badge could also symbolize the gym and/or quizzes that you must take to face him. and whats with people saying that his badge has a leaf, a waterdroplet, and a flame on it?
its 3 vague triangles, and the "flame" is MAROON!

I still think Dento will be the grass type because gamefreak wants to make the first gym hard for me to beat. :D

tyking16 said:
Hellion said:
And Tsutarja is not Ash's. This is kinda confirmed. Remember that video that we've always seen Tsutarja use Grass Mixer in? Well, that was used against Ash's Pikachu. This was confirmed in a promotional clip. Also, I'm pretty sure Mijumaru is Dento's now, because in another promotional clip, Kibago and Pikachu are shown to be badly beaten (presumably from a battle) by an unkown opponent; however, Mijumaru steps into the fray with Water Gun (or Hydro Pump--I can't tell). Common sense would tell me that it would be Dento's Mijumaru since Kibago is Iris's and Pikachu is Ash's. It could've been wild, though.

Figured I should say this, but the Tsutaja could be a WILD one and Ash is trying to catch it. Either that, or it belongs to Shooti or Dento.

They were in a building. Did you watch the scene? I don't know why Tsutarja would randomly pummel Ash's Pikachu with Grass Mixer unless it was a trainer-to-trainer thing. :/

Shadow Arceus said:
the mijumaru isnt dentos because in a clip we see dento commanding a mystey pokemon to use solarbeam, then a mijumaru getting hit by it...why would he attack his own pokemon? and i agree, the tsutaaja should either be dentos or shootis

oakbark said:
Here's a theory:

i couldnt agree more. the badge could also symbolize the gym and/or quizzes that you must take to face him. and whats with people saying that his badge has a leaf, a waterdroplet, and a flame on it?
its 3 vague triangles, and the "flame" is MAROON!

You need to check your eyes if you cannot see a leaf, water droplet, and flame. They are easily seen the the hi-def. pictures.

Anyways, I just hope the gym leaders questioning the trainers doesn't continue throughout all of the gyms. That would be extremely boring.

Back