Disappointed in EX choices?

kfitch06

You want a piece of me?
Is anyone else disappointed in the Pokemon they keep choosing as EXs and full arts? We don't have any Hydreigon EX, Serperior EX, Zoroark EX, Volcarona EX etc...but we have the Kami trio, Tao trio, and Musketeers all twice over in EX form and/or full art. I think they should've been more adventurous and only done one EX per Pokemon and the legendaries get old after a while. (Especially the Kami trio which is awful in the first place).

Believe it or not, I really like how they made only legendaries EX cards. Makes them more unique and higher class. EX cards are supposed to be distinguished, this just helps promote it.

Just my preference/2 cents.

I agree with Pokepuzzle. I liked the EX's being only legendary. Although, I think they dropped the ball on giving an EX card for the remaining legendaries, but if they are going to synch the TCG up with Japan, then I suppose its not so bad. I do wish they had given Articuno and Moltres a FA and squeeze Suicune in there somewhere.

Pokepuzzle said:
evilpacman said:
I think we all know what non legendary EX I would want.... coughvoltorbcough

You're lucky. They made an Electrode ex in FRLG.

Yeah, plus he got a Prime and Voltorb got a shiny card. I really cant complain. Still, it would be nice to see a FA card. Has Shuckle ever gotten anything cool? Like, maybe even some kind of rare promo or something?

evilpacman said:
Pokepuzzle said:
You're lucky. They made an Electrode ex in FRLG.

Yeah, plus he got a Prime and Voltorb got a shiny card. I really cant complain. Still, it would be nice to see a FA card. Has Shuckle ever gotten anything cool? Like, maybe even some kind of rare promo or something?

Lol well my favorite pokemon is actually Blaziken....but he's gotten lots of cool stuff (I don't like torchic or combusken though)

Shuckle, hmm...he might be in my top 5 favorite pokemon, it's just something about seeing a pokemon like Shuckle in an ex form that would make me chuckle.

(see what I did there? Shuckle, chuckle... ;) )

Never mind... xD

Shuckle would be pretty cool as an EX. Same with Dunsparce and Farfetch'd I think haha I think every Pokemon should get a chance to have some unique card eventually... but that would be impossible with at least 750 Pokemon!

evilpacman said:
Shuckle would be pretty cool as an EX. Same with Dunsparce and Farfetch'd I think haha I think every Pokemon should get a chance to have some unique card eventually... but that would be impossible with at least 750 Pokemon!

Dunsparce EX would be awesome.
It can't be a NFE (not fully evolved) pokemon as an EX though, that just ruins the concept. I hate it when people say "MAGIKARP EX"

I'd love these:

Ditto EX
Qwilfish EX
Unown EX <-- HECK YEAH
Carnivine EX (Carnivine is probably in my top 10 favorite Pokemon list)
Spiritomb EX...this is the only one on the list that TPCi might consider doing someday.

I'd love an Unown EX! That actually sounds like a good idea... suppose the next gimmick is that they showcase all (or at least many) of the non evolving Pokemon. It can be something other than an EX but be similar in rarity and maybe even power. I'd be okay with that, especially considering the fact that they have already established basic Pokemon as the powerhouses of the format.

I just really wanted a Hydreigon EX. I mean, it was just screaming for it. As a collector, we didn't even get a decent looking normal holo of him.

As a whole, I'm sorely disappointed they decided to go the all Basics route for the EXs. Most of them also do the exact same thing. 170/180 HP+Ability/Cheap Attack+Attack for a couple Energy. Very poor variety in terms of what they do.

The game has suffered as a whole because of it IMO.

dmaster out.

That's why I hope that the XY block ends up having Stage 2 or at least non-Basic EXs.

From a Player's perspective, I would have liked to see a larger variety in attacks/abilities/etc., like dmaster said above. Especially since each one gives up 2 prize cards, I would have liked to see more strategy available. Making some of them stage 1s or 2s would have been awesome and opened up the playing field more.

From a Collector's perspective, I'm very disappointed that we saw some pokémon with more than one EX, like the Kami trio, especially considering that we're very likely not going to get all the legendaries in EX form.

I would love another Dragonite EX personally. I really liked the Delta Species and Dragon Frontiers Dragonite EXs, they were great.

bagoly14 said:
I would love another Dragonite EX personally. I really liked the Delta Species and Dragon Frontiers Dragonite EXs, they were great.

Those were the same dragonite ex's :p

Are you meaning to say the one from EX dragon?

Pokepuzzle said:
bagoly14 said:

Those were the same dragonite ex's :p

Are you meaning to say the one from EX dragon?

Yup, sorry I meant EX Dragon and Dragon Frontiers.

I'd love Steelix and Scizor, also Pikachu yeah Pikachu. I know he gets loads of cards, but most are Japanese exclusives. They also usually expensive.

ThatPokemonCollector said:
I'd love Steelix and Scizor, also Pikachu yeah Pikachu. I know he gets loads of cards, but most are Japanese exclusives. They also usually expensive.

I'd be happy with a Scyther tin as well, I loved the EX card he had in Ruby Sapphire.

Back