BW/BW2 Do you guys think...

Personally, I like the idea of cutscenes in pokemon. A cutscene always seem to involve the player in the storyline more than standard text dialogue. Plus it might make me care enough that I won't just mash the "A" button while watching TV every time a dialogue starts. Pokemon games aren't usually known for their epic storylines...

@the title: No I never think, how dare you assume so.

@the actual topic: I agree with the first reply about the yu-gi-oh thing.

I'll leave this open if people want to discuss this more, even though it was revived.

dmaster out.

I was waiting for that.

But, yeah, I think cutscenes outside of legends are overkill. The NPC Live Caster is a nice change, though.

It makes it more realistic.. if that makes sense?
Like, when you talk to a number of people (like in FireRed/LeafGreen when you beat blue, and professor oak talks to you and blue, Red seems to look off into space)

I also like the 4-way chat thing.

I think it's a nice improvement sprites don't show much emotion after all, and it will hopefully engage the player in the story more. I've never played a yu-gi-oh game before so the screen shot didn't really remind me of anything.

Cutscenes are amazingly epic, especially when they feature legendaries battling it out with their most powerful moves. I hated the Groudon Vs. Kyogre cutscene up until the part where Rayquaza came, That was cool. What made me wonder was how you could fly to Sootopolis faster than Rayquaza?

its not a bad idea, even though i dont really care for it.
did anyone else notice that this screenshot looks like is from the livecaster thing. in some scan it showed the livecaster option with npc'son the c gear(it showed you talking with prof araragi on the livecaster) if it is, would this confirm that N is on ur side?(why would he give his phone # to someone he doesnt like)

Shadow Arceus said:
would this confirm that N is on ur side?(why would he give his phone # to someone he doesnt like)

Maybe he is, because when his father (leader of Team Plasma) was talking to the crowd in a city, N was with you and Cheren in the crowd.

I think cutscenes are cool,sure it would be like the older Pokemon games but we do need some change.

Shadow Arceus said:
its not a bad idea, even though i don't really care for it.
did anyone else notice that this screenshot looks like is from the livecaster thing. in some scan it showed the livecaster option with npc'son the c gear(it showed you talking with prof araragi on the livecaster) if it is, would this confirm that N is on ur side?(why would he give his phone # to someone he doesnt like)

He could be a double agent!

GARman. said:
That Black and White is helping Pokémon make baby steps into the world of visual novel RPG's where the dialogue, instead of maintaining the over-world interface make the art of that character appear with the speech bubble under it? I mean, look at this screen shot:

black-white-character-3.gif

This practically screams PC port.

So, if you guys were to get news of a Pokémon Gen VI main series game become a RPG with visual novel cutscenes, what would you say and how'd you react? DISCUSSION, TURN UP!

This would be really interesting.
I'm getting sick of the small, low resolution of the character sprites with gigantic speech bubble below them.
This would make the game a lot more fun to play, imo.
Hopefully these appear often throughout the game :3

Since I never played Yu-Gi-Oh, the picture didn't remind me of anything.

This is a nice change from "Oh hey look a cutscene" *mashes the A button* formula.

WateryHell said:
Since I never played Yu-Gi-Oh, the picture didn't remind me of anything.

This is a nice change from "Oh hey look a cutscene" *mashes the A button* formula.

Very true. This game does seem to have a LOT of story to it, especially compared to 3rd and 4th generation -___-

I'm liking this more than I used too.
it's still awkward since it's like anime but It's cool at the same time!

Back