Does anyone play other CCGs besides pokemon?

What card games do you play?

• Total voters

Giligan1004

Pro Noob
Ok well LOVE pokemon TCG but due to tourneys being 70 miles away its a hobbie i cant really continue...

So I also Play Magic, im starting due to the new core set releasing July 17th

My Question is next to pokemon do you enjoy any other Collectible card games?

the original DBZ/GT CCG by score (which score killed to create some crap DBZ TCG game, which died pretty much immediately after it got started), and Epic Battles, a the first video game vs. game in TCG form...it released before UFS, and in my opinion was superior to UFS, but this was yet another score game and died not because of score (at least not completely), but because of Blockbuster entertainment (yes, the movie/game rental place)

I play an unheard of game called 39 Clues it has books, cards, and an online website. The actual card game takes a long time though.

Lolmonster said:
It's a dead game, but .hack://enemy. The Video Games rOCK IN g.u. era.

This guy is a good man
I also do enemy stuff

I play Yugioh, but not competitively. I'm a pretty old-school player. Back in my days, we didn't have TeleDAD or Dark Armed Dragon. We had Rescue Cat OTK, Exodia, and Direct Damage Decks. Some of the best cards were in some of the first sets, too.

I used to play this Digimon card game, but I could never find cards outside the first 2 starter decks. So I quit.

Wow so im not the only one that spreads and plays other tcgs! I've played dot hack once it was rly cool

i also was going to start the Kingdom hearts TCG but there was no support for it so that didnt go so well

Pokefan4000 said:
I play Yugioh, but not competitively. I'm a pretty old-school player. Back in my days, we didn't have TeleDAD or Dark Armed Dragon. We had Rescue Cat OTK, Exodia, and Direct Damage Decks. Some of the best cards were in some of the first sets, too.

I used to play this Digimon card game, but I could never find cards outside the first 2 starter decks. So I quit.

I'm in the exact same boat as this guy right here. Old-school Yu-Gi-Oh was awesome. Chaos Decks and Yata lock... Yes, please. I always wanted to try Rescue Cat, but never got all the cards for it. xD

But yeah, used to play other card games, but never competitively. Now I can't afford anything, so I'm not playing anything. xD

I think yu-gi-oh seems to be the best option but as everyone else I love my cyber dragon deck. You can look up whats going on in yu-gi-oh. It is also the most expensive card game. $200 for a card!?!

Pokefan4000 said:
I play Yugioh, but not competitively.

^ Except I would probably rank in even less competitively. Where I live nowhere sells cards regularly, sometimes a shop will stock a few starter decks or booster packs of Yu-Gi-Oh or Pokemon occasionally, but pretty soon they're gone. As a result I don't have that many cards (relative to most serious players) and what I do have is a few cards from all over the place. A few Gladiator Beasts, some Union monsters with no counterparts, Fusion monsters with none of the monsters to make them, etc.

Possibly as a result of that there are very few people here who play, and now that I actually start needing my money for other, more important things it's just kinda stopped for me....

I stopped playing Yugioh when it kept sucking. Last I hear, its still all about who topdecks their broken cards fastest, no fun there.
I do occasionally play Magic, I have a lot of fun with my Night Pack OTK.

The Megaman Battle Network based TCG was an AMAZINGLY playable game, probably moreso than Pokemon. It never took off, but me and my friends bought a bunch of boxes for $6 each at nats last year and still play each other sometimes. It's a great game, I wish it had an OP. :(

I play the Yugioh Card Game Video Game. I love it, but the CG is too expensive.

T1 Chimera FTW!

Magic. What fun. I usually use Magic Workstation considering how expensive and pointless it is to play IRL, as it's drifted into oblivion at school. Still heaps of fun until the shuffler haxes the hell out of everyone >.>

esperante said:
The Megaman Battle Network based TCG was an AMAZINGLY playable game, probably moreso than Pokemon. It never took off, but me and my friends bought a bunch of boxes for $6 each at nats last year and still play each other sometimes. It's a great game, I wish it had an OP. :(
Finally someone agrees with me! That game was amazing. .hack was ok... not the best... not terrible.

I enjoyed Zatch Bell. Getting to choose the order you got your cars made for some great strategies.

Naruto was ok. It got very repetative and boring some of the time.

Yugioh was good when we had Chaos and Yata Lock. Now its just epic fail. ;_;

IS FLUXX A CCG/TCG?!?!

My List of CCG's I play:
  • Pokémon
  • YGO
  • Naruto
  • DBZ/GT (Old School/Score)
  • MTG (only if I'm deprate)

There's more that I do play but I kinda forgot which one's.

I've played just about every card game under the sun at one point or another. Last I bothered to check, I think the count was around 40 or something ridiculous like that.

At the moment though, I'm playing only a handful of games (this listing only includes currently living games). Pokemon and UFS are my main competitive card games. However, I also play Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Ball (Bandai's rendition, occasionally I'll pull out my deck of Score cards though), World of Warcraft, Yu-Gi-Oh and Naruto on a rather infrequent, casual basis.

I'll also be playing Bandai's Battle Spirits very seriously when it hits stores this August and hope to play in it's Nationals that winter. I highly recommend you all look into if you haven't done so already, it's a very well done game.

Back