Dragons Exalted discussion (problems, quality control, and other)

RE: Cards Damaged Right Out of Pack

arcanine227 said:
Is there any thing I/we can do about getting theses cards with flaws?

Unfortunately, the only thing they might understand is stop buying.

Opened my Dragons Exalted box. The lower right corner of the left front pack was damaged.

Are you guys reporting the damages to the staff? If not this you guys need to do so you can get a replacement box. This is unbearable. Seriously this needs to be fixed. If they don't they can be sued or even shutdown for not properly processing the cards correctly.:)

They ask for the UPC of each booster pack (from the wrappers as well as the UPC from the box itself. I personally don't keep my wrappers and I don't see why anybody else would. I guess for this particular even I should have, but they wont replace anything without all of those UPCs.

xxashxx said:
Are you guys reporting the damages to the staff? If not this you guys need to do so you can get a replacement box. This is unbearable. Seriously this needs to be fixed. If they don't they can be sued or even shutdown for not properly processing the cards correctly.:)

You can only sue them if they falsely advertise, so people who don't get a Reverse Holo in their pack can sue as TPCi says on their website that you get a RH in each pack.

Getting damaged cards can only warrant a law suite if they fail completely to help you at all, or just refuse to help you, or if they advertised undamaged cards or something of the such.

(Lawyers, or those well versed in law, correct me if I'm wrong please)

The problem with a lawsuit for this problem is we would get pennies, the lawyers would get millions, and it would take years.

Yeah, that's very true. You could always try and take the settlement path: threaten Pokemon with a lawsuit and then settle outside of court.

Would anyone really try to sue TPCi for a slightly damaged card? :p

However, it is unfortunate to hear so many reports of Dragons Exalted cards being damaged. It would be great of TPCi to reasonably accomodate those who received damaged cards.

I'm just sad (as sad as you can be about a piece of cardboard :p) that all of the Ultra Rare cards that I pulled had edge wear (aside from one which accumulated a couple of specks of edge wear as a result of my poor handling >.<).

They have a serious problem. If they have damaged equipment and are failing to fix the issue they can be sued for not correctly taking the matter into their own hands and to fix the damaged equipment. What they need to do is temporarily shut down the part of the factory where the cards are being printed so they can fix the printers. Sure it will delay a few sets but when the printers are fixed they can catch back up on their normally scheduled holidays. It can't be that hard to do. They are not doing it and my question is Why not?:)

xxashxx said:
They have a serious problem. If they have damaged equipment and are failing to fix the issue they can be sued for not correctly taking the matter into their own hands and to fix the damaged equipment. What they need to do is temporarily shut down the part of the factory where the cards are being printed so they can fix the printers. Sure it will delay a few sets but when the printers are fixed they can catch back up on their normally scheduled holidays. It can't be that hard to do. They are not doing it and my question is Why not?:)

You should start a lawsuit against them.

If any one else agrees with this. Show your support of xxashxx starting a lawsuit.

Familiar said:

If any one else agrees with this. Show your support of xxashxx starting a lawsuit.

Read the posts above. Also, without any proof that you bought it from them (the wrappers from the packs, reciepts, etc.) I'm sure they aren't legally obligated to refund you anything.

While refunded cards and/or money would be nice and all, you would 1. Have to spend a LOT of money on a lawyer! (specificly one that could beat TCPi's team of lawyers) And 2. You may have to wait months or years to receive your money or refunded cards. Not to mention this is a very weird case; good luck finding a lawyer who accepts it.

Brave Vesperia said:
While refunded cards and/or money would be nice and all, you would 1. Have to spend a LOT of money on a lawyer! (specificly one that could beat TCPi's team of lawyers) And 2. You may have to wait months or years to receive your money or refunded cards. Not to mention this is a very weird case; good luck finding a lawyer who accepts it.

You'd pretty much have to have a lawyer in your family, or be a lawyer yourself, for this case to be any sort of worth it.

Keep in mind, everyone, that Wizards of the Coast went to court against Pokemon a long time ago, and that battle ended up in an outside-of-court settlement. So I highly doubt an actual lawsuit would be worth it, let alone work out for the prosecutor.

The only reasonable options in this situation are as follows:
  1. Deal with whatever problem you are having.
  2. Threaten TPCi with a lawsuit on the grounds of false advertising (Selling damaged products is only illegal if they refuse/fail to help you.)
  3. Keep your pack/blister wrappers, and give TPCi whatever information they need to sufficiently refund you.

Secret Pikachu said:
I pulled a FA Rayquaza EX at the first Dragons Exalted prerelease that I attended and it had a thin centimeter long white splotch on the border of the back of the card.

I have opened one box of Dragons Exalted thus far and I didn't find any noticeable damage on those cards.
I pulled a Rayquaza EX Fa from a pack yesterday and it had a giant splotch too it also had heaps of tiny scratches. I'm quite disappointed because now I won't get as good trade/sale value.

cobby2842 said:
I pulled a Rayquaza EX Fa from a pack yesterday and it had a giant splotch too it also had heaps of tiny scratches. I'm quite disappointed because now I won't get as good trade/sale value.

Now are cards like that playable if they have ink blots and what not on the front of the card?

Familiar said:

I second the motion.

omahanime said:
I second the motion.

Haha

If anyone actually starts up a lawsuit based on this, I will gladly testify on their behalf :p

Daelum said:
Haha

If anyone actually starts up a lawsuit based on this, I will gladly testify on their behalf :p

Me too! As long as whoever starts up the lawsuit pays for our travel :).

The only Prosecutor who could handle this case would be...Miles Edgeworth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH-X8RKJnKI

0:35, that´s how epic he is!

I can't do this myself as I have never received anything like this ever from when I buy cards. This never happens to me. You guys are probably getting the short end of the stick. Meaning you are getting cards that are being printed with low ink. This is what it sounds like to me. They need to replace their ink toners. I think that is the whole problem right there XD.:)

Back