Dustox ex - Legend Maker

What deck isnt vunerable to AcidLiability? As of yet, AcidLiability doesnt have a set counter. There isnt one card or deck built which can effectively counter it. Holon WP + Water counters it but that cant be used on Ex's. Dustox ex is also a much quicker set up which Victreebel isnt. Unless they start with Bellsprout, Candy and Victreebel in their hand then you're in trouble. AcidLiability may also be a threat to this deck yet it counters alot of other decks too.

About what Charizard brought up... I didnt even see that this deck is Safeguard prone. I didnt really pay attention to it at 1st but now I look at it, it's just as good as playing ZRE vs Dustox ex. Shuckle simply owns it and Toxic isnt friendly either. If Safeguard wants to be countered (mainly Shuckle and Ninetales) then you'll need a reasonably good non-ex to kill them. Space Centre takes care of Shuckle (but that needs to be included) yet Ninetales is a worry for the deck built.

And Liability doesn't even have to have Victreebell. It could just lay down a Ruins and K.O. the Dustox...

Now, to put into a Dustox deck, what about Ninjask? It would be a non-ex that would have protection agaisnt basics, so it's something.

This Dustox deck is starting to creep into my mind as an archetype...

The only thing that it looks like it has to worry about it Liability, and if you can play something like Reversal, you can go off and K.O. the Koffings before they evolve. The only problem being, it takes just one Weezing with one energy and a Stadium to K.O. Dustox ex.

And I don't know how you could or would stop that.

Hiya peoples.

I completely agree with the Liability weakness. That's why I also think that to Dustox ex will never be an archetype, but Dustox ex + another pokemon could possibly be. It's just finding that other pokemon that is the hard part.

So far, we've had a lot of good replies about the weaknesses of the deck, and I'm liking that a lot. I think the more you think about the weaknesses, the greater chance we'll have of finding a suitable partner for Dustox ex.

So far here's the weaknesses of Dustox ex.

Fire - obvious reasons, it has a weakness to fire.

Psychic - See above.

Steel/Dragonites - Moreso the steel pokemon than Dragonite, but pretty much, Dustox ex's medium damage becomes low damage when VSing Grass resist pokemon, especially if they have metal energies too. =(

Safeguard pokemon - Basically, Dustox ex can't hit safeguard pokemon... because it's an ex. Its pre evos cant do much damage, so yea, safeguard can hurt.

OHKOing - Dustox ex can get hurt by non-ex pokemon that go for the OHKO. The likes of Deoxys Weezing and Hidden Legends Electrode come to mind. Not many decks play multiple HL Trode, but Liability varients play a decent sized chain of Weezing, so you have to be very weary of them.

ATM ROCK - Yea, I know I said it wasn't really a weakness before, but after consideration, I think rare candies are needed in the deck. The main reason I think it should be played is for if you're going second, or if you somehow lose a Dustox ex against an ex deck, and you really need a dustox up asap to block damage. The topics about ZRE really made me think rare candy is a worthy card to put in Dustox ex, thanks to the people who posted on ZRE. The last thing you want is a deck with Dustox ex in it to lose to an ex heavy deck =/.

Anyways, so basically a pokemon is needed that stands a good chance against all of these weaknesses. Probably not a small tech or chain, but a Pokemon that can actually be used to attack consistently as a main attacker.
I'm saying this because IMO, if you tech something in, chances are you'll start with it sometimes, and you dont want that to be a weak start. You're going to be better off if you play a chain that is strong and doesnt become useless in matches where the card isn't super effective or a direct counter. IMO that's why Lanturn works in Ludi. It isn't just useful against the Zappy ex matchup, but helps out as a strong attacker. Something similar is needed for Dustox ex.

And that's all for now. If you think of any more weaknesses for Dustox ex then post them pls. I'd be happy to hear them.

~Secretsmeargle

In this format, it has really good matchups against ZRE (auto-win pretty much), Blastoise Lugia (pretty much auto-win), Medicham (if you give medicham the turns to PP your bench the =/ ), but has bad matchups against Rock-lock, Spinning Tail, Nidoqueen (but it does have Nidoqueen's weakness), Typhlosion (can be really bad), and probably some other matchups. Overall I love it's Body, it's retreat is nice, it's weaknesses could be worse, but I think it could be alright. 70 for 3 is alright, and the ability to do 110 for 3 next turn thanks to silver wind is pretty nice. I don't see any broken combos with it, and that's the only reason I don't see it being a BIG deck.

Silcoon may be a nice tech in this deck. For 1 Grass and 1 Colorless, he can prevent everything from your opponent's Evolved Pokemon. Sure it doesn't do any damage, but it can be used as a wall if you are in trouble and give you a few turns to evolve something and power it up. And if you need the Wurmple back just use Pokemon Retriever or Holon Farmer.

Holy Star said:
Use Voltorb's Recharge, evolve next turn or whenever the Dustox comes into play, then kill it.

Or, you could use an Electrode ex, Admin them, and then use Mass Destruction.

Or Admin them after Mass Destruction, giving them 3 cards...

Or something like that. But I haven't seen Meta-night around my area, so Dustox ex may be a threat here...
Here's the deck that u mention/tokkin about

2 electrode hl
2 electrode ex
4 voltob
1 rayquaza *
2 macargo
3 slugma

3 pow hand extent
2 wally's traning
3 roc admin
2 prof elm training method
4 tv reporter/mary request
3 great balls/dual
3 dessert ruins
2 retreiver
4 ser2

17 lightning
3 holon's trode

DAINAI: your deck list is just an incompleted version of ZRE cause it lacks Zapdos ex, Moltres ex and Rayquaza ex as well as Magmar (Dump N Draw).

Secretsmeargle said:
Pokemon: 21
4 Dustox ex
4 Cascoon
4 Wurmple DX
2 Vaporeon ex
3 Umbreon ex
4 Eevee DS

Trainers: 23
4 Strength Charm
4 Giant Stump
2 Rocket's Admin.
3 Copycat
3 Steven's Advice/Field Worker
3 Great Ball
4 Prof. Elm's Training Method

Energy: 16
8 Grass Energy
4 Water Energy
4 Darkness Energy
sorry for double post,i gotta explain this.

combos strategies:

-voltob recharge:search your deck for a lightning energy and attach to voltob,keep an eye on which pokemon will send out and evolve by your opponent,so,next turn,evolve either electrode ex or electrode hl.if your opponent sends out basic,just evolve into electrode ex and do a constant damage to his/her's active:if your opponent evolves into dustox ex,evolves your voltob to electrode hl and use mass destruction.i gain 2 prizes.abd your opponent will set up another dustox ex.ser2 is also kinda disruptive trainer card.u can take a opportunity to protract your opp's set up,at that time,it is time for u bring out another electrode hl or ray*Because this deck played with exs,i would like to put ray* to fast kill these exs.dessert ruin combined with ray* that ray* does 100 damage to each of your opp's exs and dessert ruin activates does 10 damage between each turn.(vapo,umbreon and dustox max 100 hp or higher).if two more exs had died,4 prizes gained and u win the game.
-combination of pow hand:knock out electrode ex by it's power,your prizes now lesser than your opponent,roc admin your opponent's hand.
-i think my fix deck is not complete enough although has 60 cards.dragonite ds i think can add in.

DANAI:
postbit_edit.gif
<--- This button exists so we can avoid double posting. =P

I don't think it was really necessary to show that deck... because ZRE is kinda the same, but better, as it's more versatile. :/

Are we talking post 2006 rotation here? If so, I feel without Pidgeot and Magcargo, decks will have to beef up the trainers to make up for the loss of a searcher. Even right now, if you don't have a searcher like Magcargo or Pidgeot, it puts you at a big disadvantage.

Anyway, what good about dostox ex is it can be set up in a short turn. So it is good to mass up opponent's set up before he or she is ready to face dustox ex. Until he or she is ready to counter dustox such as with ninetails etc, you then switch with other pokemon to face it. Thus, another pokemon to partner with dustox ex might be something can counter its weakness, which i think slowbro can do the work because of its dual armor or pokemon which can does high damage. In addition, houndoom UF also might helps in the deck.:)

When I read this, my mind thought of Ludicolo from deoxys. The happy dancer. It may add another stage 2 but It heals damage and is water. So it topples fire and ignores Psychic. It can also do 40 for three grass if you have no waters in hand. Plus surprise on his basic is just mean.

Another combo that i figured out is use it with houndoom. Dustox's power can lock ex and houndoom looks trainer, it sure slow down your opponent alot;)

Hey that's a great article, Dustox really works against very many decks. But I think that this doesn't stand a chance against MetaNite if they get set uped.

Hiyas

Yea, MetaNite hurts heaps aye. I think Battle frontier would definitely have to be the stadium of choice with it, seeing as Holon Phantom is going to come out as well. I'm not sure what to play with it at the moment. Still thinking of a way to counter it's weaknesses.

~Secretsmeargle

Have you guys considered Ancient Tomb? There's your resistance problem solved for Metanite. Tomb doesnt stop Ex's resistances so you will need Crystal Shard for that one, mainly Scizor ex and Steelix ex. Also remember, Metanite needs 2 stage-2's to set up with energy, etc. Dustox ex is much faster since it self searches evolutions. You just need to pick off the opponent's pokemon with an early Dustox ex and when a Metagross or Dragonite is expected to be brought up, just switch in for Umbreon ex (if using this deck) and take it out.

Ancient Tomb removes weaknesses on all non-ex's. That would only help the opponent in a dustox ex deck. What are you talking about?

Oh lol sorry, I keep thinking Ancient Tomb removes Resistance and not weakness. I really should wake up more... so so tired right now...

Anyway, Crystal Shard is the best way around Metanite then if you are using Dustox ex versing them. Crystal Shard on Dustox ex= OHKO on Dragonite anyway so that's taken care of. You will just need to switch to something else to take Metagross out. Umbreon is the only choice for this deck since Meta eats Vaporeon ex alive.

how about 1-1-1 line of TRR kingdra,i think that's the way to counter weakness.i think so,but not sure....

Back