Energy Search Pro from Paradise Dragona

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Energy Search Pro has been revealed from the Japanese set Paradise Dragona, which releases in Japan on September 13th. We expect most of its cards to become part of our Surging Sparks set in November.
Energy Search Pro – Trainer
Item (ACE SPEC)
ACE SPEC Rule: You can’t have more than 1 ACE SPEC card in your deck.
Search your deck for any number of Basic Energy cards of different types, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.
You may play any number of Item cards during your turn.

Continue reading...

Interesting, I wonder if there's anything coming to combo this with. Grafaiai can hit hard once and Smeargle already rotated. I'm not sure how this effect could be turned into something actually useful with the current card pool.

Does this mean you can search your deck for up to only 1 of each type of energy and put them into your hand, or just put as many energy from your deck into your hand as you want (which seems a bit op).

Could be fun in an Evolving Skies Smeargle deck in Expanded, just an instant charge up by 270 damage... but on the other hand we got Professor's Letter and more in that format so I dunno if this is worth the ace spec slot... but on the other hand we also got Green's Exploration to make this easier to find... but on the other other hand the deck isn't any good... and yes I am apparently a Machamp.

Honestly for an ACE SPEC, the "of different types" clause is kind of unnecessary. How often would you benefit from putting all of your Energy in your hand, especially when you have to forgo other strong ACE SPECs and there's a ton of reshuffling effects (both friendly and opponent's) that will immediately nullify the effect of this card?
You might say that'd be broken with Baxcalibur - would it though? There are no competitive decks that struggle with attaching a lot of energy really fast.

This Ace Spec pairs really well with Ceruledge Ex. Assuming you already have an energy attached, you can get 8 energies in your discard pile with a professor’s research. So you are hitting at least 190 turn two.

Eventually we will get a card that will make this card actually viable.

Honestly for an ACE SPEC, the "of different types" clause is kind of unnecessary. How often would you benefit from putting all of your Energy in your hand, especially when you have to forgo other strong ACE SPECs and there's a ton of reshuffling effects (both friendly and opponent's) that will immediately nullify the effect of this card?
You might say that'd be broken with Baxcalibur - would it though? There are no competitive decks that struggle with attaching a lot of energy really fast.
It's only 1 of each energy

Max u can get currently is 8 energy as long u have 1 of every basic energy type in deck. If fairy ever comes legal u could get 9. But fairy energy is banned :(

Back