TCG Fakes Faking Resources and Help - How to Make Your Own Pokemon Cards!

kacard

Aspiring Trainer
Wish I'd seen this thread sooner. Been making my cards from copying and pasting without any templates. Maybe some of you might seen my cards before and know where I am from.

Ef80Kzf.jpg

Jay Sawatzki

Aspiring Trainer
i cant find the legend fonts can anyone tell me the legend font for legend card side and top next to the name of the pokemon, the part that says put this card from your hand onto your bench only with the other half? and the way to make the name of the pokemon look like that. the font for the legend attack name and attack description. sry for all the newb questions. also the full art sun and moon trainer name font and description font

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Does anyone know if the artist permission list is up to date?
Yeah, sorta. It's up to date in that all artists listed gave long-term permission for their art to be used (I have records) and they haven't contacted myself to say otherwise.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Updated my Space Cat Runes font with a new numbering system. I opted to drop my previous custom glyphs in favor of rotating existing ones for more of an "official" feel. It also works a bit more like Roman numerals this time (10, 10 before 30, 30, 10 after 30, etc). Be sure to check the readme!

Last edited:

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Nice one. I'm just downloading them, albeit slowly, then once I find the enthusiasm, I will start faking again.

Diminished

Aspiring Trainer
What's up everyone? Just signed up about 5 minutes ago after skimming through a lot of this post. I'm on a nostalgia trip ever since my nephew asked me to play Pokemon with him and I've been wanting to print out some of my own cards for personal use. I see most of this works for digital cards but has anyone had success in imitating the actual holographic foil effect on an actual physical card? I did see one of the users made an awesome Ancient Celebi card that is holo, but I was looking for more of the classic effects like the star or cosmos.

I've been researching and thinking of buying some holographic foil and using a laminator to transfer it or just printing onto it directly. Everything I see uses either a standard or pre-made special pattern which is fine for most cases, but I was looking to somehow copy the classic effects or just create my own patterns for the foil. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing?

Thanks for any replies!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
What's up everyone? Just signed up about 5 minutes ago after skimming through a lot of this post. I'm on a nostalgia trip ever since my nephew asked me to play Pokemon with him and I've been wanting to print out some of my own cards for personal use. I see most of this works for digital cards but has anyone had success in imitating the actual holographic foil effect on an actual physical card? I did see one of the users made an awesome Ancient Celebi card that is holo, but I was looking for more of the classic effects like the star or cosmos.

I've been researching and thinking of buying some holographic foil and using a laminator to transfer it or just printing onto it directly. Everything I see uses either a standard or pre-made special pattern which is fine for most cases, but I was looking to somehow copy the classic effects or just create my own patterns for the foil. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing?

Thanks for any replies!
Hey man! I do know someone in the community who has tried doing holographic cards (might be @Nekoban Ryo?) and was quite successful, though I can't quite remember who off the top of my head.

If you don't get any other responses here, I'd recommend checking out the faking community Discord which you can find in the OP of this thread. We're all much more active over there!

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf

Thanks for any replies!
No idea how to create custom holofoil designs physically, but here's how I print my holographic fakes (stripping official cards). There are other techniques out there, but this is the only one I know of that doesn't require expensive equipment.

Alternatively, you can get self-adhesive holographic scrapbooking film like I did for Ancient Celebi. This method is far easier, but not quite as realistic unless you're doing Radiant Collection-style cards.

Last edited:

Diminished

Aspiring Trainer
@bbninjas I'll definitely check out the Discord. Could you give me a link? Thanks!
@Nekoban Ryo I'll have to order some different types of holofoil and experiment a little bit. Your cards look great! I'll read up on your tutorials, thanks!

Aviziel

Aspiring Trainer
I've been looking all over for textureless/"Character Rare"-style Sun and Moon blanks, but having no luck finding them. Anyone got a lead?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I've been looking all over for textureless/"Character Rare"-style Sun and Moon blanks, but having no luck finding them. Anyone got a lead?
I'm not entirely sure what blank you mean, but you can check the wiki and see if it's there: https://pokemontcgresource.fandom.com/wiki/Templates_SM.

@bbninjas I'll definitely check out the Discord. Could you give me a link? Thanks!
@Nekoban Ryo I'll have to order some different types of holofoil and experiment a little bit. Your cards look great! I'll read up on your tutorials, thanks!
Will PM the link~

Academ

Aspiring Trainer
Does anyone have the Base Set blanks availably by chance? The download link to the Zip file doesn't seem to be working.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
I think someone may have mentioned it before, but what's the font used for SM/SWSH Pokédex descriptions? Frutiger looks close with some tweaks, but it's not quite light enough and the correct one seems to have serifs.

Does anyone have the Base Set blanks availably by chance? The download link to the Zip file doesn't seem to be working.
DeviantArt has been having download issues ever since Eclipse, it seems. Right-clicking the Download button and choosing "Save Link As..." works for me.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
I think someone may have mentioned it before, but what's the font used for SM/SWSH Pokédex descriptions? Frutiger looks close with some tweaks, but it's not quite light enough and the correct one seems to have serifs.
It's Optima. Took us ages to figure out and I don't remember who finally landed on it in the end. xD