TCG Fakes Faking Resources and Help - How to Make Your Own Pokemon Cards!

poketcgshop

Aspiring Trainer
Hi everyone! I edited my other thread so it looks like it is back under review..

Just wanted to post this here for anyone who wants a neat tool to help create fakes or to just have fun with! In case anyone missed my other thread, I made a card creator that generates HTML/CSS Pokemon cards for highest quality scalable assets (all symbols are SVG, etc).

Create a Card From Scratch OR Create Using an Existing WOTC Card

@Nekoban Ryo I started fixing a few of the issues you mentioned as well! (adjusted name size algorithm, added embossing to the frame, etc).

nick15

Fake Card Master
Just suppose I happen to release a new blank pack or something... if I wanted to make sure a link to it is added to the first main post, should I post the link here or just PM the relevant folk?

I mean... just thinking about the future, that's all. :)

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Just suppose I happen to release a new blank pack or something... if I wanted to make sure a link to it is added to the first main post, should I post the link here or just PM the relevant folk?

I mean... just thinking about the future, that's all. :)
Welcome back, man. Either way works, but in-thread is probably better so it's up on both the first page and the most recent one. :)

nick15

Fake Card Master
Welcome back, man. Either way works, but in-thread is probably better so it's up on both the first page and the most recent one. :)
It's good to be back, thanks for having me! :D

In that case, I'll just post this here: https://www.pokemonaaah.net/news/2022/03/blanksxmas/ — This is my first official blanks release in some 15 years: my "Neo Redux, Japanese Edition" blanks! ... Well, the name is tentative, I totally missed the fact that @CMP used the name "Neo Redux" on their own blank collection, and I'd hate to steal that name from them. So I'll think of something. In the meantime, however, these blanks are officially official and ready to be used.

A quick outline of its features and intentions is... the entire "(formerly) Neo Redux" project was to remake Neo blanks. The issue was that the original card layout itself was consistant in many way, but inconsistant in others. I ultimately discovered that there is no "perfect" form of Neo blanks—whether in Japanese or Wizards-designed, they all vary in different ways even from one another—so I made some executive decisions to arrive at a reasonable "average" of a design. That said, for the most part they're indistinguisable from actual cards.

The most significant change I made was the removal of the "crown" that was added to Darkness and Metal-type cards, as well as including English-language versions of the blanks:

NeoBlankCrownless.jpg

But what I did instead was add the crown to the symbol sheet, so that fakers can include the crown on any card they want. I think that's a fair trade-off! As for the English version, they're partially so that fakers don't need to rely on the Japanese version, but also as a sign of things to come: I'll be working on a proper "Expert Pack" version of the blank where you can swap in different backgrounds, mix-and-match type icons, as well as changing the language of the card's text. So instead of just Japanese and English, you'll soon be able to make Spanish Neo cards, French Neo, Korean Neo... even Klingon Neo! (Although, is there a Klingon word for "retreat" and "weakness"??)

Bear in mind, however, this release is based on the Japanese Neo sets. The Wizards of the Coast version will be a separate release, but the end goals of the "(formerly) Neo Redux" project will remain the same. In fact, both version basically use the same backgrounds and "Neo Swoops" in order to maintain a degree of consistency across the entire project.

You can find out more about what I've got on the site, but I hope this is just the start of the revival of my faking career. I can't wait to show everyone what's next! :D

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Assembled a collection of personal photos that I thought could potentially work for card backgrounds and thought I'd share. These are all free to use, either as-is or edited with filters, etc. Credit is optional.

5TKgrsR.jpg

Last edited:

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Regarding the Sword and Shield Blanks, is there a possibility that they could be in a ZIP file instead of a RAR file? I'm asking because I can't access RAR files from my computer.

Kotif92

Aspiring Trainer
I know it's way too early to request lol.. but just wondering if there is plans to make resources of the new card formats. EX and the new basic/stage cards.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
I know it's way too early to request lol.. but just wondering if there is plans to make resources of the new card formats. EX and the new basic/stage cards.
I was going to ask exactly that regarding the new Scarlet and Violet cards. Hopefully, someone will create something similar to pokecardmaker.net (which is ALMOST perfect for Sword and Shield cards) for them, to help fakers create the perfect card without fear of getting the fonts wrong.

aschefield101

is behind you !
I have started them, but nothing has been done with them for a few months, just not feeling it with these.

I'm not entirely sure what I will do with them as of yet. Whether I'll complete or just can them. The thing that's annoying me most is that there's already a stupid amount of variations, be it basic/stage1/stage2/ex/exstage1/exstage2/golds/trainers x4 or 5/energies/more gold variations/FA's/etc etc

It's getting beyond stupid really now with them.

Kotif92

Aspiring Trainer
Woah.. for a few months? Didn't they just get released 🥴 Do you have early access to them or something. And I've seen your past resources, no idea how you do it but great job. Hopefully you find the passion to finish them. I know they are similar to their old style so it's probably a bit boring.

aschefield101

is behind you !
Woah.. for a few months? Didn't they just get released 🥴 Do you have early access to them or something. And I've seen your past resources, no idea how you do it but great job. Hopefully you find the passion to finish them. I know they are similar to their old style so it's probably a bit boring.
I had the Japanese HQ digital ones for quite sometime (they always end up better than the EN ones, for quality at least), so started with those. And yeah they're boring yet plentiful... I dunno, we'll see!

cmoonrun

Aspiring Trainer
Hi everyone. I've been toying around with a program called Magic Set Editor for a little over a year now. It has a Pokemon extension which is great for keeping entire custom sets organized but the end product is still rough around the edges. Does anyone here have experience with creating a custom font? The glaring flaw with MSE when using the Pokemon extension is that the Attack name and description are in the same text field. There has to be a way to combine the two fonts together right? I believe the fonts are GilSans Condensed Bold and GilSans Regular and Italics.

Please Help! Thanks in advance.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
I have started them, but nothing has been done with them for a few months, just not feeling it with these.

I'm not entirely sure what I will do with them as of yet. Whether I'll complete or just can them. The thing that's annoying me most is that there's already a stupid amount of variations, be it basic/stage1/stage2/ex/exstage1/exstage2/golds/trainers x4 or 5/energies/more gold variations/FA's/etc etc

It's getting beyond stupid really now with them.
Maybe it would be easier to just focus on the stage 2 ex’s and call it a day? I’m guessing that would be the blank people are most excited about.
Then again, once you make one blank, you might feel the pressure to make all of them. Which is understandable, and, as you stated earlier, the root of your in enthusiasm, knowing there are about 100 blanks to make.

aschefield101

is behind you !
Just popping in to say I won't be doing the SV templates. Too many variations already and they've only just done 1 set.

It's got to the point where there's just far too many to make and I have no interest in them whatsoever.

I have however passed what I had done onto Nick, but he's also busy with many projects. Entirely up to him what he wishes to do with those.

Everyone else is free to take a bash at all templates though, there are many that need updating or even flat out doing! \o/