Family Guy coming to an end?

moo5100

Moo
I have been noticing a few things that might be signs of this great show ending.

1. In the most recent episode, Bonnie, who has been pregnant from the beginning, had her baby.
2. Also in that episode, lois said that she was getting a divorce lawyer.(not jokingly)
3. They are coming out with a new show called "the cleveland show" with Cleveland as the main character and he lives in a different state.

Could this be the end?

If The Simpsons can manage to keep it up for 20 years, Family Guy will follow in their footsteps. As long as they continue to get ideas for episodes, Family Guy can go as long as The Simpsons.

Family Guy is very popular at the moment. And thanks to all their random scenes, it's sorta hard not to be able to stick an episode together. Why would they stop?

moo5100 said:
I have been noticing a few things that might be signs of this great show ending.

1. In the most recent episode, Bonnie, who has been pregnant from the beginning, had her baby.
2. Also in that episode, lois said that she was getting a divorce lawyer.(not jokingly)
3. They are coming out with a new show called "the cleveland show" with Cleveland as the main character and he lives in a different state.

Could this be the end?

1. Well, that doesn't really mean much. I thought they just put that so fans would stop asking about her.
2. There is always parts like this in all these shows. The couples always have problems but then make up in the end. Simpons have this in almost every other episode.(Homer does somthing stupid, Marge gets mad. Homer try to get her back, he fails. Some event or act bring them together and they live happily together until next week.)
3. Are you sure it's true? They have random clips in the show that mean nothing.

Plus, it's Family Guy! There is really no reason to end. No epsiode, with the exeption of a few, follow each other.

If you go to fox.com and search for shows, it's has "the cleveland show" coming this fall. The summary says he moves in it

There's no reason to think a successful series with a large loyal fanbase is going to end simply because they choose to explore more plot devices.

And The Cleveland Show is a confirmed spin-off, which has been known since the episode Baby Not On Board in which Cleveland states that he's getting his own spin-off at the end of the episode.

Uh man, they have been around for very long considering how long The Simpsons and Futurama have been going on for, man that is a real heart-breaker :(

Come on fox, simpsons has like 20 seasons why cant family guy have more episodes? Besides family guy is way better than simpsons any day

The way I see it, Family Guy will be around as long as the money it produces can still be around. I kind of saw this foreshadowed in Mad Magazine, when it was comparing Family Guy to the Bush Family or something. On the last comparison panel, it says; "With so many problems, there's no way the sequel starring the black guy can't be better." And then there's a picture of Cleveland and Barack Obama, but both drawn Family Guy style. Cleveland is kind of funny anyway, and I wouldn't mind the show to be rewired around him.

Yeah, the Cleveland show basically spells the end for Family Guy, unfortunately. Ratings must be down, and the show quality has gone down in the past couple seasons.

dmaster out.

Sweet Dawn Berlitz said:
Cleveland might kill the show, but then again, it might make Family Guy stronger.

Well they made American dad, but it didn't make Family Guy stronger. I think they should end Family Guy, because their jokes haven't been as good as they were before.

Electimortar said:
Sweet Dawn Berlitz said:
Cleveland might kill the show, but then again, it might make Family Guy stronger.

Well they made American dad, but it didn't make Family Guy stronger. I think they should end Family Guy, because their jokes haven't been as good as they were before.

Yeah, but it should've. American Dad fails compared to Family Guy. Blatant rip-off.

dmaster out.

There's no reason to think that the show is ending. There's been no reports of any such cancellation.

A spin-off doesn't mean it's the end of the series, it just means that the creators want to pursue a character by themselves as a main role, rather than a supporting role.

Think of it as Chronicles to Pokemon. Chronicles features characters from the main show, but the main show didn't stop because of it.

[Also, as a side note: American Dad didn't rip-off anything. It's made by the same people, and you can't rip-off yourself. It's similarities are due to the fact that Seth McFarlane created both series, and you'll see the same similarities in The Cleveland Show.]

That's because it can survive. It's the only show to have been revived after a cancellation based solely on DVD sales. It's also been revived on Fox after the large viewership of reruns on Cartoon Network.

Family Guy has a huge fanbase. We aren't going anywhere anytime soon, and neither is Family Guy I'd say.

Family is so much more funnnier than Futurama and I think that The Simpsons is not as good, partly as they don't have their new episodes any more _-_. Anyway The Simpsons are getting new episodes. OFFICIAL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZGz1Ajg7QU Look at it, it looks really weird.
Reply!
EDIT: It should work now, the link I mmean ^__^

The Simpsons HAVE gotten new episodes. On Sundays on FOX, they get a new episode during "Animation Domination", along with Family Guy, King of the Hill and American Dad.

Back