Pokemon Feelings on the 4th generation Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
gonepostal25 said:
Unfortunately, I am very dissapointed in the new generation of pokemon. Unlike the 3rd generation, this new one is not very original. I find the new pokemon to be somewhat lackluster. I do think it is clever that they are evolving all the original pokemon so we do not forget about them, but I would also like to see some more completely new lines of pokemon. Even the ones that are new are just bland and boring to me. The pre-evo's and evo's are a good idea, some are ugly, but regardless still a good idea. I was just hoping for a little more originality.

Let me add one more thing that I personally really enjoyed. The new pokemon that I had the impression of being the bew legendary pokemon such as, Lucario and Manaphy, well I am REALLY happy they have pre-evo's. I think that is simply awesome. Who would have thought to give the new big time pokemon pre-evo's. I think that is a good idea, and it puts them on more of a level with all the other pokemon. Before they were like untouchable gods. They still are but now they have weaker forms and i like it!!!!
Lemme say he's kind of right because I believe Nintendo is lacking originality(i mean a monkey starter!?). FYI: manaphy doesn't have a pre evo its just a breeded pokemon. See this at serebii. But evos of Kanto pokemon are kinda cool. I'd still buy because its a pokemon game

Actually it is kind of good in some ways and some ways it is not because some pokemon have had needed evoultions for a long time and I never expected lapras or magnaton to have evolutions though. That was a surprise to me I was wondering if lickitung would ever evolve or tangela. So yeah there were a couple I was wondering about and I still wonder about kangaskhan because I have not seen his evolution yet.:)

I'd still get it coz it's a pokemon game. Nintendo lacked originality and creativity this time, many new pokemon being evolved or pre-evolved by existing pokemon. some of the largest dissapointment was not many entirely new species, many species have been repeated too many times e.g. monkey :mankey line, aipom line and D/P fire type starter line. I wish they made pokemon based on dolphins... Personal favorites so far are : 3 Starters line (i wish the penguin line was ice/water instead), Mukkuru line, Rampard (Great stats), Roentorar (i wish it was electric/dark rather than pure electric), Fukamaru line (most original), Lucario, Elblade (Gardevoir is too feminine, glad it has a male counterpart but i am dissapointed it evolves from kirlia it's too feminine too, they should have made ralts have 2 seperate evos instead), Yonowahru (cool look), Darkry, Dialga & Palkia. Aruseus looks very bad, i am dissapointed that it is the new rayquaza level pokemon.

I just feel very dissapointed for the new type combination, there is too much of ghost, ice and psychic type in this generation.
Previously,we can only see a few ice or ghost pokemon but now its a lot of them each come with combination...
There is not even a pure fire type pokemon...where is all the rock and fighting type?
We need new evo but not as much as the new species.

I think there is a lot of good things to be said about 4th generation.

1) Leafia and Glacia (new eeveelutions are always good)
2) Dark Legendary (The reign of Mewtwo has finally ended!)
3) Normal Legendaries
4) All three starters evolve to dual types
5) New type pairings (Poison/Dark, Ghost/other than poison, Metal/Dragon)

hhmm..
although i am not saying that i dont like the pre-ev and ev of older pokemons..but i think it will be greater if they just make the evo and pre-evo of pokemons that are popular...
and...it is really too many babies already...
roselia evo is bad....
i wonder why they choose unpopular pokemon such as tangela,lickitung ,castform to have a pre-evo and evo...
and the worst is that the evolution (such as tangel,lickityng,aipom,castform) is quite same with the base form....
im getting quite bored with it..
why dont they choose milotic,gyarados,latios,latias,or maybe other pokemon like skarmory,ninetails,blablablabla...

so..
my conclusion: i think this 4th generation is bad...
if there is evolution of more popular pokemon,then im sure every one will love it too...

Ok peoples, it seems many people have problems with the new evos. Pesonally I LOVE them. They hath saved Lickitung, Tanglea, Piloswine, Gligar, Aipom and others. I think there are alot of babies, but that too is ok. The move sets for old pokemon were also improved. I belive this is a great set, and mainly because of the evos.

I am pleased with the new generation, at first I thought it would be horrible because of all the pre-evos, but by giving evolutions to the old pokes, they are not forgotten and more powerful. There was still a few new pokes, such as the starters (we haven't had a penguin till now) and quite a few new type combinations.

This game should be really good, the only bad thing is waiting...

I thought they stuffed most of them. A hippopotamus with it's huge eyes, most of the old classics evolving into superpokemon, pre- evolutions of no sense...what?! Most of them were poorly done. There was a reason y pokemon like lickitung were crap...because they were classic. But the one I was most dissapointed with was the Chansey pre evo. It's crap. The original Chansey was great. Not too good or bad...then Blissey to boost it's already high HP even more. That was good. But a baby Chansey makes no sense.

One more thing, how many new legendaries are there?! There's heaps!!! The game doesn't need that many.

we have lots of legendaries starting gen 3 lol

and i think the main reason for the legendaries made is that the Nintendo can make more movies of pokemon!

The new Pokemon are great, especially the new Eevee-evolutions. I was always wondering why don't they make a Grass evolution of Eevee.... I like the new evolution of Tangela. It's awesome! And, btw, there are no pre-evolutions of Lapras. They are actually some weird, but funny snails. And the starters are AWESOME!! I'm picking the Grass one! Naetle is his name....at least in Japanese...

And all of you that don't like them.....well, just don't buy the game, and skip this generation!  :D

Personally, I like this set a lot more than the 3rd gen, Roselia's evo and pre evo are win <3

I quite like the new evolutions, especially Rhydon's and Tangela's.

I have no problem with the 4th gen Pokémon, but I can see why people say that they are lacking something that the 1st, 2nd and 3rd generations had. For example in the first generation there were pokemon such as farfetched which was simply a duck with a stick, and muk who was just a blob. Maybe pokemon just wanted to spice things up and add a little detail and depth rather than keep producing simplistic designs. In my opinion this change is welcome, however I can see why other people would say that it isnt.

I only like Yonowaaru and arseus but the others ....don't wanna say it .....might get reported.Bottomline i only like some of the 4th generation pokemon......I really like Charizard

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    88.6 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back