Final Fantasy IV

Silver said:
FFIII was just unbareable...
I can't stand FF games where you're limited to just the four/five people :[]
But with all the deaths in this one it's getting a bit to similair to Star Wars.
I mean come on, Porom and Palom get turned to stone, Tellah does because of his own spell, Yang locks himself in a room and blows up with a Golbez's ship thingy, Cid nearly gets himself killed off by jumping off the Air Ship.
^Yet SOMEHOW they all survive except Tellah because he actually dies before their eyes.
With the limits, at least everyone levels up together. Unlike games where some people are left behind. D:

>.> i know, but still i have to waste mp and PD's to heal everyone.

And you are not supposed to go to the sealed, cave, you go to the tower of babil.

I can't believe I was actually stuck on Doctor Lugea and his stupid Reverse thing.
I never thought to use Curaja and do 9999 damadge.
So, now all my people are level ^50 and Edge (FTW) is at level 37. >_<
To bad Underworld Training is out.

Lol at these posts. SNN, FF III is a good game, but this game has more characters and story driven plot elements. I think this game is better, even with the additionall training segments. Golbez is easy the first time. Silver, have one person use an Elixir, and have Rosa use Curaga. There, dead. :D

dmaster out.

Oh cool, DFB. You're almost done with the game. ;) You might want to train for the boss in there though.

Like I said, that sucks Mr.Spammy. :D

dmaster out.

Ugh. I hate Leviathin.
It killed me. :[
On the good side I saved before it.
On the bad side the save save file is gone. >_>

Holy crap, I just defeat Leviathin with 16 HP left with Cecil ._.
I'm lucky I landed the Ultima hit with Rosa and Cecil.
Then all I had to do was attack it and do 2000-Something damadge. :D

Ok, since there's already so many spoilers in this thread I'm not going to bother...meh, oh well.

SPOILERS BELOW!!

So I didn't go into that save room before you fight the three sisters but I owned them anyways and saved afterwards. Tellah then died (I didn't care for him much anyways, Rydia is the best character so far) and that fiend boss you fight afterwards is rediculously gay. Any tips on beating it? Also, my entire party is around level 32.

Bam said:
Ok, since there's already so many spoilers in this thread I'm not going to bother...meh, oh well.

SPOILERS BELOW!!

So I didn't go into that save room before you fight the three sisters but I owned them anyways and saved afterwards. Tellah then died (I didn't care for him much anyways, Rydia is the best character so far) and that fiend boss you fight afterwards is rediculously gay. Any tips on beating it? Also, my entire party is around level 32.

are you talking about valvalis?

Lol Mr.Spammy. It wasn't my fault...

Nice going Silver. :O

Messed up on Boss. Look at Kaga's post for the Strategy.

dmaster out.

No, he's talking about Barbariccia.

The key to this fight is patience. Don't try to go full-out offense to take her down quickly -- you'll get destroyed easily as she counters all your physical attacks with Thunder.

Before The Fight:
  • Party layout: 3-2; Cecil, Kain, Yang in front; Rosa, Cid in back
  • You did equip Kain and Rosa before engaging, right? If you have a Gold Hairpin, give it to Rosa, as it halves Thunder damage. (There is a free Gold Hairpin hidden in Mist village that you can get once you have the airship -- but you needed to get it before bringing the Earth Crystal back to Troia, since you can't use the airship anymore until you clear the Tower of Zot.)
  • If you got the Dualcast augment, give it to Rosa. She's the best candidate for it anyway.
  • If you got the Cry augment, give it to Kain.
Opening:
  • Have Rosa cast Slow on Barbariccia.
  • Have Rosa cast Shell on the party.
  • If you have Dualcast on Rosa, you can do both of the above in the first turn.
  • Have Cecil cast Protect on the party.
  • Cast Haste on Yang if you can sneak it in somewhere, or use Hermes Sandals.
  • If you have Cry on Kain, have him use that immediately to half her defense and make your attacks more effective.
Fight Progression:
  • Rosa: SOME FORM OF CURE EVERY TURN. Keep your HP maxed.
  • Cecil should Cover Rosa, then Defend each turn. Have him Cure/Cura if Rosa can't keep up.
  • Keep Kain on standby, then have him use Jump the moment Barbariccia activates her tornado.
  • Yang should Focus 2-3 times, then attack once tornado is down. Repeat this pattern.
  • Cid should Defend and use Hi-Potions or Ethers as necessary.

12,272 HP. Good luck.

Man, I really tried hard to post the strategy for that Boss. Oh well.

More tips: Barbariccia. Have Yang use Hermes Sandals on himself. Focus 3 times, then attack when normal form. Have Cid use Spider Silk on Boss, but be ready to cure with Rosa. (Very, very risky, but I highly recommend.) Have Rosa use Protect/Shell/Heal. Eventually Yang will kill Boss.

dmaster out.

Unfortunately I was person early in the game and had no idea you could get the augments from party members and stuff. Basically, I only have Counter, Auto-Potion, and Recall (what does that one do anyways?). Have I screwed myself over?

The problem with her is that she counters all of my attacks with Thundara/Blizzara/Fira and then immediately afterwards attacks again. I used a similar strategy to the one you just listed but I missed out on a few key things, so I'll try it again.

Oh, Augments are annoying too. All I found in the game (1st time) was Auto Potion, Last Stand, Recall, and Bardsong. You don't need Cry and Dualcast for this fight, but it certainly helps.

dmaster out.

Back