First Card?

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
What was the very first Pokemon card you owned? Where did you get/find it?

When I was 4, my cousins gave me all of their Pokemon cards, since they quit playing in favor of the games. The very first card I picked up out of that pile was Dark Slowbro.

Surprisingly, the very first card I owned was a Charizard EX. My friend gave it to me because he wanted me to get into it(we were like 6 then, now i'm 13), so that's how I got started...:)

mine was a Gastly from the base set when they first came out in the u.s.
my friends already knew about the card game and í was like WHAT!?
they gave me a Gastly and í was like 'yay!' ^^ XD

I just got started a couple years ago and my uncle gave me a stright from the pack Glaceon MD.
The #5 one. That was right when MD came out.

First pack I ever got was a Dragon Frontiers pack and I opened it and it was an Altaria ex, and I had not a clue how valuable it was and trashed it. Then got another two days later after I found out it was worth stuff and screamed.

DeoxysUnknownForme said:
First pack I ever got was a Dragon Frontiers pack and I opened it and it was an Altaria ex, and I had not a clue how valuable it was and trashed it. Then got another two days later after I found out it was worth stuff and screamed.

í did that with the first two EX's í got too =_=
well not really trashed them
but í bought my first two EX Ruby & Sapphire packs and í got Mewtwo EX and Blissey EX in each one
and í was like 'oh, hey, í got two holos' (not thinking they were ultra rare)
and í don't remember where i put them T_T

Pikachu Jungle set. My friend gave tit to me so I could start building a deck.

pikachu from jungle.
i saw the show and new pikachu was a beast so i thought i pulled a really good card.
i was even happier when i got mewtwo from jungle/base set can remember wich set it was from.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my first Japanese pack was from my PotF box and it was Starptor FB Lv.X, so that's why I like Japanese cards so much. That and they're in Japanese so that's a plus :p

Some beldum in a weird 48-card pack with different sets that I found at Game Stop. At the time I was already obsessed with pokemon but I had never heard of the tcg.

The promo base set Charmeleon they gave out in Nintendo power around the time the original set was being released

OLD SKOOL MAN OLD SKOOL

My parents gave me a Base Set error/Shadowless Bulbasaur(can't remember which), I still has it. My second card was a TR Slowpoke and the first rare I saw was Charizard, can't remember first rare though.

I had a friend whose mom was one of those religious nuts at the time of Pokemon, so were many kid's parents in the neighbourhood, some burned their cards, others just gave their kid's cards to me since my mom really didn't care about how offensive it was to religions. So I pretty much accumulated the whole Base Set to start off with.

I bought a pack of Base Set back when it came out, and those were my first 11 cards. My memory is fuzzy when it comes to it's contents, but 3 of the cards stick out in my mind. Those cards being Porygon, Lass, and Gyarados.

My first cards came from my cousin, and he gave me about 60 to 70, including some "powerful" Pokemon. One card I remember in particular was an Ampharos from one of the E sets. It was one of my favorites in that stack of cards. To this day, I still like Ampharos as a Pokemon...

Back